It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If people are broke, they can't access the Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A lot of people these days work at home and the internet is more or less ESSENTIAL to their income.

I cut down driving places instead of walking and nonessential foodstuffs .

I'm never giving up my internet.

Pretty sure I'm not alone on that one.

(*edit - Big Brother insists on proper spelling!)

[edit on 5/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There's always the library. You can do just about anything there.

If it weren't for sitting in front of this stupid machine all day at work I'd never be online.

If I suddenly lost all access my life wouldn't change very much. What would I miss besides the constant bombardment of bad news?

When I step back and consider what I do online that is actually productive it amounts to just about nothing.

Most of the "internet" is just a worthless amusement park you wouldn't visit unless one of your friends dragged you along but since I'm here in a cube sitting in front of it I may as well go on a few rides.

Weeeeeeeeeee.........

The convenience factor is nice though. Need a recipe? Got a question? Need directions? You can get what you need in seconds. Then you sit and waste 2 hours looking at LOL cats or Twittering about the ginormous dump you just took.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I realize my post was confusing.

The antenna is mounted to the roof of my house.

I do not need any such antenna in the car.

Edit to add

$75 is very little considering I have my choice of broadband networks and IPs. I have had the antenna for over two years and it has served me very well.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by FrankWhite222]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My personal internet connection at my home costs $25 a month. Im guaranteed to spend $25 a month on internet. I would have to be very poor before I decided that it was too expensive for me.

What I would fear is the need for a more advanced computer to access the internet. This initial cost would hurt more people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join