It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Status of US and South Korea (from a US Soldier)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Alright people, I'm going to get right to the point on this one.

I too am tired of seeing the proliferation of these NK doom-mongering threads.

I am currently stationed in South Korea. I have been here since around the end of 2007.

We are currently not on any kind of major alert, any major lockdown, or any major operation which would indicate we are about to go to war.

The DMZ troops are on a heightened security state due to the "possibility of a threat" - but there has been no movements of troops or equipment from NK to suggest such actions will take place.

The media has turned this whole thing into a major hype to draw the public's attention away from the economy and other major events taking place. Same thing happened with the swine flu.

So I say again.

We are not on the brink of war over here. I'm sitting in my room right now, abut 50 miles or so from the DMZ, cooking up some gumbo and watching ST:TNG.

Cheers!

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hey brother I hope your safe over there, keep us posted on the situation and let us know what you can, obviously don't violate OPSEC or anything but just let us know! again be safe and take care

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
For those of you concerned by the media - please read the rest of this site.

The media is woefully inaccurate a LOT of the time and I wish we weren't so "group minded" when it comes to what the news says and does.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Thanks man.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

no problem but I'm sure the alert's have sucked as of late, I used to hate the one's where we'd think we were just going out for a few hours and then low and behold, OP order's in and we go sit an OP for 4 days wishing we were in TDC.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

The media has turned this whole thing into a major hype to draw the public's attention away from the economy and other major events taking place. Same thing happened with the swine flu.

The media isn't reporting on this anywhere. It occasionally gets mentioned in passing. The economy is the only thing that's being talked about. In fact, I'm so tired of hearing the words, recession, road to recovery, stock, Wall Street, GM, Opel, I could just, just, ---eat some ice-cream.

People are discussing war because of what we see the Kim Jong-Il is doing--repeatedly launching rockets, reneging the armistice, and things of the like. It's different than it has been before.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This post seem in line with Hal Turner's assertions

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

join