It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interplanetary Shock 5-28-2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Interplanetary Shock Event

What we do know is the event is being listed officially listed as a Interplanetary Shock ~ 28 May 2009 (DOY 148 0421 UT) zone 4 ~ Type ~ Foward with a Confidence Level of 99%,

Detection at the actual recorded time was also made by Goes 11 & 12 . In this video is an animation , I have also included a still image showing the time stamp 04:19 UT , This would have been just prior to the officially noted Shock Time

Stereo B seemed to detect this event while Stereo A did Not

Detection in L5 & L1 , But NOT in L4

The CCMC Magnetosphere animation in this video is 375 frames set at .15

This observation period is at 30 hours
Starts 5-27-2009 @ 19:59
End 5-29-2009 @ 01:49

This Video Contains the Following Data

Magnetosphere ~ CCMC
Real Time Space ~ SOHO , ACE , STEREO A & B , GOES 11 & 12 ,CCMC
Real Time Earth Magnetic Data ~ Trosmo
Extended in Depth SOHO Coverage ~ University of Maryland
Solar Imagery ~ SOHO NASA / ESA

SoHO’s position for the day

YY MM DD X Y Z Distance Lat Long Rot.
09 05 28 203.8 71.5 11.3 150.3 -1.1 30.3 2083

Mostly thought to originate Either From a Coronal Mass Ejection or Magnetic Clouds this does not appear to have been the case in this particular event

A little thought on the process of an Interplanetary Shocks ,A 6-year period from Jan 21, 1996 to March 31, 2002 shows that in Zone 4 during the last Solar Maximum which was also known as a double-peaked cycle there was approximately 67 events recorded just in the period from 1996 to 2002 , Solar Cycle 23 after a long 13 year run still produced a spot into the 5th month of 2009 along the Solar equator. Solar Cycle 23, peaked in 2000-2002 but some of the most powerful events occurred well after the Maximum.It is important to note that cycles have been as short as 9 years and have been as long as 14 years , So with this said we may have not seen the last of Solar Cycle 23 just yet . But there seems to be somewhat of an alarming trend here , This is the fact that most of any Solar Cycle 24 spots have rapidly dissipated , And we have now a rather Large Coronal Hole pretty much dissipate overnight , It is important to note a measurable amount Magnetic Activity recorded in several Magnetometers that are Earth Bound During this event

www.doomdaily.com...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link
Mod Note: How to Quote– Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat May 30 2009 by Jbird]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Not really sure what it all means but it doesn't seem to be too harmful.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have no idea what any of this means. It must have something to with the Sun I'm guessing but way too technical for me to understand.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think it has something to do with a solar flare. It refers to the solar cycle and spots. So to me I guess we have an earth bound solar flare on the way!

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

The earth is always getting hit by solar particles and solar storms, except that many are insignificant to cause much publicity. So, from the looks of it, seems to be just another solar flare and just another shock wave.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
So, from the looks of it, seems to be just another solar flare and just another shock wave.

And another person who jumps to conclusions about something they don't understand.

(The writer of the article in the op)

[edit on 30/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

So what?

As if everyone in the world knows about everything in the universe? No. We learn new things all through our life, one by one, I may be wrong, but I do rectify it once I have the right information. Anyone can tell their opinion here right? Or is it restricted?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't mean to be me rude or anything, but can we try posting things that we at least know something about? As to encourage intelligent conversation?

Just posting things because you can doesn't mean you should.

Back to the OP, this is nothing, our Earth is hit with many kinds of things every year, this is simply a different variation.

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

A supposed response from the op's sites editor:

“With people convinced that we are about to go through the Galactic Alignment we thought we would cover the effects on the Earth and its protective layers”

If they're going to be reporting on every CME, they're going to be kept very busy.

Personally I'd rather get informed on a subject before commenting or speculating on it otherwise you get threads like this one.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The site is not a official space agency's site. It is a site, which says all about the doomsday theories, so no doubt they will be reporting every CME as "possibly dangerous" to the earth. We here, must control the posting of such data. The OP is a relatively new member, allow him to gain sufficient knowledge about this topic.

[edit on May 30th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Agreed.

Which is why I directed my comments on the article not the poster

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

But do you realise that the OP might become offended by this? And this might discourage him from posting here. That was my point. We must point to him in a more easily understandable way by giving some facts(like mentioning solar flares are common), and not just blaming the OP article.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So its basically just a sunspot, or to take it from spaceweather.com "a proto-sunspot--a knot of magnetism struggling to form a fully-realized dark core."
The sun may be waking up again after its inactivity period.
Sadly Chad i fear there will only be more speculative threads like that silly magnetosphere one.

new topics

top topics

join