It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capistrano Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, as it related to a number of different topics, but I thought this forum would be the best.

Today I was over at my parents house and my mom was telling me about this woman she works with. This woman has a child that's 4 years old, and is a very 'different' child. We think she is one of the so called "Indigo" children.

She is always telling her mother, which is her real birth mother, that she has another mother. She is very intelligent for her age, knows complex words that she has not learned, and is quite mysterious.

Anyways, getting into the meat of the story here, apparently, the other day her daughter came up to her and said something to the effect of

"Mommy, we're going to go on a ship to Capistrano Island" to which her mother replied, "are you sure you don't mean Capilano?" as she recognized the name capilano, but not capistrano.

The girl said, no mummy, CAPISTRANO Island. Ok, her mother says. How do you know this sweetie?

"Because the birds told me,' she said. Her mother asked her then Why are we going there? The girl said "Mummy I'm not allowed to tell."

Now, the interesting thing about this, is that apparently, this Capistrano Island (which is named San Clemente Island, off the coast of California) has a very interesting tale. Apparently swallows migrate from Capistrano Island, to a place called Capistrano Mission where there was a priest of a church there that was believed to save tonnes of these birds, because the locals wanted to kill them all for their pesky behavior.

On top of that, the island has an interesting history as well. In the 1700's an early spanish expedition tried to explore the island but disappeared and were never heard from again.

Then around the american civil war an outpost was setup on the island to watch out for confederate raiders but a few months after the outpost was set up, all contact was lost. A ship was sent to investigate, only to find a completely abandoned outpost and all troops stationed there were missing. They didn't try to setup another outpost and none of the previous soldiers were ever heard from again.

In WWI an investigation party was sent to the island after spotting mysterious activity after using the island for target practice. When the investigation party neared the island, it was fired upon and retreated.

The naval force consisting of one battleship, one heavy crusier, two light crusiers and nine destroyers opened fire on the island and continued a bombardment for a period of three days. After that, all noticeable activity has ceased, and another party was sent to the island. They found only some strange damaged vehicles and the remains of an encampment were found. The personnel were assigned to the island, and something else was found there. But all written records were sealed and the area was put under heavy guard. From that day forth a base was established on Capistrano Island and the mystery covered up.

In WWII it was said new developments in weapons and such came from that island.

There is believed to be there today, a secret facility called Sector 11, which has an "anomaly" believed to be a time portal protected by the US Military/Government called Anomaly 26F.

Has anyone done any research on this subject? If you have, please share with me as I haven't been able to find a lot online.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by naossoan

There is believed to be there today, a secret facility called Sector 11, which has an "anomaly" believed to be a time portal protected by the US Military/Government called Anomaly 26F.

by whom is this believed? it sounds pretty suspect to me.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The only thing I could come up with is this.
I hope this helps a bit.
San Clemente Island

[edit on 30-5-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Apparently this dude has been there. His website and his claims seem extremely hard to take seriously/believe though. That's coming from someone with a pretty open mind and thinks a lot of things are possible. But there's just something about this guy......

kanowarrior.tripod.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If I read the home page correctly, this is being presented as fiction; evidently the island is a setting for this guy's action figure dioramas.

The following is the first paragraph from the page:

This is my 1/6 scale world and my base of operations. On these pages I will introduce my command and map out the different areas. As a reserve unit of International Special Operations Command, my 1/6th scale troops are responsible for the security and protection of the United States and the population therein.

Seems the guy's a hobbyist of some sort. A little weird, maybe, but probably harmless.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by naossoan

This guy is into action figures and modeling. If you follow the link below
you will discover more.

Action figures at war

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I wonder how close the Catalina Channel is to these islands? The Catalina Channel has been very active with USO's coming and going lately. I saw a show by UFO Hunters on this Channel. Also, large carrier craft have been seen surfacing and several smaller craft take off from it and it goes back down. With this kind of activity in the area, there could have been some strange happenings back when the OP is talking about. If USO's are real, and I believe they are and are going to and from underwater bases deep in the ocean, it is possible the islands were used or had activity anyway at one time. With the abduction phenomenon, the disappearance of people and soldiers on the island could be the case if some aliens or locals, if they evolved in the oceans, might have taken them. Especially if the aliens had some type of base on the island some time ago.

Just a thought. Very interesting nonetheless.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
thanks for pointing that out I haven't had time to sit down and read his site entirely.

I still think there may be something odd about the island...and what do you make of the little girl? That part was definitely not fiction.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Ther is a tunnel from san pedro to catalina. it goes down 3-5 miles and under the ocean. WWII era.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's interesting that, looking at this Island in Google Earth that much of the upper left coastline seems to be hideously blurred, almost purposefully. As if someone in Photoshop attacked with with the Blur tool over and over again until the original features of that coastline were destroyed. Also, some parts of that area seem to be negative (telltale purple transition between dark and light areas).

32°58'40.29" N 118°35'14.19" W

Compared to the utter accuracy of the resolution of the surrouning terrain, even to the topography of the seabed, this seems a little strange and out of place to me that such a confined small area would be suddenly blurred...

According to the crude diagram on this link; kanowarrior.tripod.com... - the blurred area in question seems to be where all the interesting parts are...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by James Random]

[edit on 4-6-2009 by James Random]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
According to wikipedia (yes, i know wikipedia is at best a questionable source lol) the island houses a Navy SEAL training centre and airfield, so to have it blurred out is'nt surprising at all.

Interesting read though

new topics

top topics

join