It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremists behind anti-war protest driven off the streets by moderate Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by merkava

Anyone trying to fight a war in the name of God is an extremist.

Would that include Bush, cheney and their zonist pals?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava

reply to post by merkava

Anyone trying to fight a war in the name of God is an extremist.

Yes.

I want to add more, but I think this post is meaningful enough...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Great find! About time the Muslim community stands up to the extremism that has hijacked their religion. If more and more moderate Muslims follow suit with what was showcased in the article, the extremists will be marginalized and will have to conform or get thrown out of town. Star and flagged!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
I was just in Fez, Morocco and I can say the Jewish district is pleasant, nice, peaceful, and fully tolerated by the Muslim population. Christians and Jews are what Muslims call "People of the book" and they are therefore tolerated in Islam.

in theory that sounds nice, but it is not the whole story- the numbers of chirstians and jews living in mainly muslim countries such as Jordan, Egypt etc has declined over the last few decades rather dramatically.

If you convert to Christianity in Morrocco, you face ostracism and jail.........

[edit on 2-6-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

what about Obama, he is a Christian, he wants to up the ante in Afgahnistan

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

what about Obama, he is a Christian, he wants to up the ante in Afgahnistan

Did he ever say it is in the name of his deity?
Bush did.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTilde
Did he ever say it is in the name of his deity?
Bush did.

I'm not sure how Obama feels his deity views his actions

Regardless, I'm sure it will be great comfort to those individuals bombed into oblivion to know that Obama has not publicly stated his deities' approval for his actions

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Bush yes, Cheney no, unless you consider Satan, or Money, to be a god. I am still flabbergasted that anyone voted for GW. You won't find me denying that here in the Western nations we have our fair share of extremists. Personally, I use every opportunity to speak out against them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Um, SO, you support the Taliban, who believe they have the right to kill school girls for going to school?

I would like to know, how in your heart, you can support men who believe in killing young girls for daring to seek out an education.

Personally, I fully support the brave men who hunt down the sleezy buggers who so violently oppress women.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
I suppose most Muslims in that town got feed up with a bunch of radicals pitching tent and inciting others. The thing is, Muslims tend to think that all this war on terror business has nothing to do with them. They are actually stuck in between reactionary extremists and crazy crusaders.

Wow,I never thought it would ever happen but I actualy agree with you.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Ownification

What are you saying? Is this bad news for you? Is it getting harder to recruit young men willing to blow themselves up for god?

Of course anyone who is proud to be a geek would be happy to see narrow minded, backwards extremists exposed for what they are. All intelligent people are against these war mongering extremists.

Are you a moderate Muslim, hahahaha and what do you suppose that means? I knew many Muslims had been affected by the Western propaganda but I didn't know it would go as far as affecting a geek Muslim. Very weird.

That is what I'm saying ^^

Read it again, the whole idea of extremism which has no bases at all was created for propagation purposes (propaganda). If you don't understand that, then you won't understand the issue I'm talking about.

A geek is usually an individual who actually does some research before blabbering about something they have no clue off. A Geek spends most their time exercising their brain, a Geek would spend most their time questioning flawed ideas. That is the Geek I'm talking about, and that is the Geek which I'm saying is hard to brain wash with all these propaganda which is shoved down each one of our throats. Get it?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
reply to post by Ownification

"affected by western propaganda"?

I have no idea what you meant by your post to be honest, but this sentence is silly. I AM Western, i was born in Britain. I don't think i am affected by ANY propaganda.

The fact that you call the individuals who are on the other side of the war Extremists (terrorists by some definition), shows that you have been affected. No, just because you are born Brit doesn't mean you won't be affected, in fact you will probably be affected even more.

Let me clarify so we don't have any misunderstanding:

1. Who is an Extremist and how do you define an Extremist? Is it a politically correct word?
2. If I'm a Muslim and I oppose the American presence in my Country and I'm willing to fight, does it make me an Extremist?
3. Continuing from #2, if I fight America in a certain way, for example martyrdom, does that make me an Extremist or is it just the fact that I'm fighting?

Definition Extremism: "Extremism is a term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups outside the perceived political center of a society; or otherwise claimed to violate common moral standards. The term is invariably, or almost invariably, used pejoratively. ... " (Wikipedia, 2008)
Read that definition and wrap your head around it.

Now:
Definition: "In politics and religion, a moderate is an individual who holds an intermediate position between two viewpoints, neither to be extreme or radical by those applying the term. The word "moderate" can also be used as an adjective describing such a position." (Wikipedia, 2008)
Wrap your head around that one please.

So what does all this means in Islamic context? How is a Muslim Extreme?

a moderate is an individual who holds an intermediate position between two viewpoints

How can a Muslim be moderate?

the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups outside the perceived political center of a society

How can a Muslim be Extremist?

I want to see how you answer the question "How can a Muslim be an extremist or a moderate?", "Is it based on belief?", "Is it based on certain types of actions they commit?", "And if those actions were to be seen in a different context would they still be regarded as extremists or terrorists?"

Sorry for making it long intentionally to make you sick of reading but, this is important. You are a moderate Muslim and I have never talked to one before so I'm excited.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Great news, thanks for the info, S&F. I hope this receives much media attention and more peaceful Muslims follow suit. I'm glad to see these people stand up to the extremists and let them know that they are sick and tired of them giving people a bad impression of all Muslims

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join