It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremists behind anti-war protest driven off the streets by moderate Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
All I can say is, It's about bloody time!

These types of protests and standing against the extremists has been going on from almost day one in many parts of the muslim world. This is nothing new. But the MSM are very selective with their news, and as we all know, we get only the news they hand pick and want us to see. What if you heard of this same exact news from the MSM 5 or 6 years ago?

Besides, this is a British outlet, I would also like to see Fox News reporting this, as well MSNBC and CNN. I'll reserve judgment till then.

Regards,

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
thanks for all the replies and thanks for seeing this news as something as good as i did.

As a so called "moderate" muslim myself, i have had plenty of confrontations with the extremists online, but never in real life.

One thing you have to understand is that normal, everyday Muslims have as much to fear from these fanatics as non-Muslims do.

I applaud these guys in Luton SO much. So many times we have spoken out against the extremists, but never before have i seen a group of Muslims actually challenging them face to face.

What i found interesting about this news article was that the police only removed the group after the protest by Muslims. You would think that anybody peddling such hatred would be banned from holding court anyway, but no.

I really hope this sets a trend, and that it gives hope and encouragement to other Muslims to say...enough is enough...what you preach has nothing to do with Islam and we dont' want you as our voice.

Off topic....Hermanthegerman....my avatar was made by a guy called The Mechanic, who used to be on here, but i think he's gone now

[edit on Sat May 30th 2009 by geek101]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am glad they did this, but living near this area, I know a bit more of the background of what is going on.

Luton has been simmering for years and things may be coming to head.

I am rather cynical as to the motives after their whole area was smashed up by the BNP and such a few weeks back (not for the first time either).

www.workersliberty.org...

We need to get rid of all the extremists on both sides or else something bad is going to happen here.

I just hope that my favorite kebab shop in Bury Park remains unscathed

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi Op,

Why do you think the 'extremist' would have been marching in a anti-war protest in the first place? How can one be anti-war and a 'extremist' that is a problem to anyone? Where they extremist by virtue of calling the immoral and illegal invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan the actions of a imperial, used to be white, now led by a not so white guy, government? Where they wrong in suggesting that both the old and the new president are hell bent on trying to start/perpetuate a war between various cultural and religious group to use as excuse for it's economic domination of the world?

Hope you can find the time to answer some of my questions

Thanks

Stellar

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Haha is it coincidental that the media start reporting on some 'good' muslims just as more n more people seem to be turning to the BNP to get away from our govenment.

Showing muslims in good light would keep people from voting for the BNP.

Regardless of this its a great thing to see.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by M157yD4wn

Hopefully we see more of this, and less of the Wahhabi approach. Which i hear is going strong in Uk anyway. The tentacles of the Saud Regime reach far.

love and peace

Including within the Bush family and most of Wall Street. In fact I would say a republican free marketeer is more Wahabist than the Wahabi.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

i would agree. all we need to do is get Bush a keffiyeh and a tan and Malik Saud will give him a guided tour of Mecca.
Hell, they might let him preach.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

That is the kind of news I'd like to see much more of
If the airwaves were filled with this kind of thing, a lot of problems would go away. I've never considered the Extremists as real Muslim's any more than I consider Christian Extremists real Christian's or Radical Zionist's as real Jew's. Lots of fakes out their pretending to be who they are not.

If everyone were practicing their real Faiths, we would all be friends. Lots of people don't want that to happen though.

Thanks for posting this. It brightened my day.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

yeah, the poor, poor guys, having to stand up to the people apparently "hijacking" their religion. Yeah, we should feel sorry for them.
That aside, I'd love nothing more than to see these types of things saturate news broadcasts until the GREEDY RICH PEOPLE can no longer use the media to block out what is true.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Definitely good news, very glad to see moderate muslims taking a stand. If we can all cut the influence of extremists in all our societies, maybe we can leave barbarism in the past completely and move into the future as a united human race. We're gonna need a new planet sooner or later so we all need to start working together.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good to see, I wish this was getting better coverage here in the U.S.. I did a search but didn't see reporting by any U.S. outlets. Thank God for the web.

The Bush family and other conservative elites backed Hitler, why not the Wahibists.

I hope this encourages more moderate Muslims to speak out.

The more web searches for this stuff, the more the media will pay attention to it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

This is brilliant news and it confirms that we "moderate" everyday Muslims are not in agreement with the fanatics.
So many times i have heard of moderates speaking out against extremists but i believe this is the first time i have seen a confrontation between the two.
Well done to these guys. Extremists have no place in Islam and i think it's brilliant that these Muslims came together to tell them that.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Are you a moderate Muslim, hahahaha and what do you suppose that means? I knew many Muslims had been affected by the Western propaganda but I didn't know it would go as far as affecting a geek Muslim. Very wierd.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepCoverUK
I am glad they did this, but living near this area, I know a bit more of the background of what is going on.

Luton has been simmering for years and things may be coming to head.

I am rather cynical as to the motives after their whole area was smashed up by the BNP and such a few weeks back (not for the first time either).

www.workersliberty.org...

We need to get rid of all the extremists on both sides or else something bad is going to happen here.

I just hope that my favorite kebab shop in Bury Park remains unscathed

try reading your link before adding to the smearing of the BNP`s name, i think the MSM have that coverd already, the bnp would not risk anything like this thay know the MSM would be all over them

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

What are you saying? Is this bad news for you? Is it getting harder to recruit young men willing to blow themselves up for god?

Of course anyone who is proud to be a geek would be happy to see narrow minded, backwards extremists exposed for what they are. All intelligent people are against these war mongering extremists.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

This is brilliant news and it confirms that we "moderate" everyday Muslims are not in agreement with the fanatics.
[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Are you a moderate Muslim, hahahaha and what do you suppose that means? I knew many Muslims had been affected by the Western propaganda but I didn't know it would go as far as affecting a geek Muslim. Very wierd.

Funny 'moderate' muslims ehhh?

Looks like the screams of kids in illegal wars werent heard by geek.Maybe he/she were too busy with their moderate life?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

All intelligent people are against these war mongering extremists.

Indeed! But that doesn't mean one can only become a 'moderate' if they stick with the other side of war mongers.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Extremists are extremists no matter which side they are on.

Anyone trying to fight a war in the name of God is an extremist.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

"affected by western propaganda"?

I have no idea what you meant by your post to be honest, but this sentence is silly. I AM Western, i was born in Britain. I don't think i am affected by ANY propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Are you seriously suggesting that if i am a moderate muslim i agree with the war in Iraq?

What is your definition of a moderate muslim? Mine is someone who doesn't bother anyone else, who realises that not everything in certain scriptures is true, who keeps to themselves and practises their religion the way religion should be practised....without hurting anyone else.

To me, extremist muslim has always been a misnomer anyway. If you really took Islam to the extreme, you'd be living a very peaceful life. Because, for one thing, you wouldn't be following all the man made books on top of the Quran. You'd be studying the Quran instead of just parroting it, which would mean that you would actually understand it and understand that some parts have been changed by less than scrupulous translators.

So to your comment that i was too busy living a moderate life to hear the screams of the children....bull.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by merkava

What is your definition of a moderate muslim? Mine is someone who doesn't bother anyone else, who realises that not everything in certain scriptures is true, who keeps to themselves and practises their religion the way religion should be practised....without hurting anyone else.

Where did i mention scriptures or religious extremists? To you one suddenly becomes an 'extremist' because they decided to stand up and resist against illegaly occupying forces who have killed their families and wrecked their lives?

OR

Would you as a muslim stick a 'moderate' label on yourself because you don't wana have anything to do with your muslim fellas who are getting bombed and raped all around the world?

Because, for one thing, you wouldn't be following all the man made books on top of the Quran. You'd be studying the Quran instead of just parroting it, which would mean that you would actually understand it and understand that some parts have been changed by less than scrupulous translators.

You have just put hundreds of years of scholarly works and hadiths down the drain which more than a billion muslims follow.So according to my knowledge of islam you're not a muslim anymore or probably just a 'wanabe moderate muslim i know it all'.I am guessing you aint a born muslim who has adapted islam for other reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join