It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremists behind anti-war protest driven off the streets by moderate Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Muslim community turned on extremists in their midst yesterday, telling them they were 'sick and tired' of their behaviour.

As the radical Muslims began to set up their stall, they were surrounded by a crowd shouting 'we don't want you here' and 'move on, move on'.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is brilliant news and it confirms that we "moderate" everyday Muslims are not in agreement with the fanatics.
So many times i have heard of moderates speaking out against extremists but i believe this is the first time i have seen a confrontation between the two.
Well done to these guys. Extremists have no place in Islam and i think it's brilliant that these Muslims came together to tell them that.

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

That right there Sir, is PRICELESS. All I can say is, It's about bloody time! No extremists of any group should be tolerated. Average folks in whatever organization it happens to be need to take a stand for their own sakes. Stop letting these people give everyone a bad name. Thanks for the head's up, and be well.

Chrono

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That really is wonderful news. The more moderate Muslims that speak up against extremists, the better it is for both the Muslim and non-Muslim communities. I'm sure it takes courage to make a stand against such fundamentalist trouble makers. Hopefully the extremists will become less inclined to indoctrinate others with their hateful and dangerous beliefs.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Oh! Go them! I would do the same thing!

When one small group of people make a larger group look bad sometimes action is the only thing you can do.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
good news

hopefully that have realised that actions like this can help bring communities together and isolate extremists even more

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is great news - religious extremists (of any flavour) are an affront to humanity as a whole.
Good for them.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
the daily mail actually printed this?
anyway yes,everyone has always known the vast majority of muslims are moderate but you always hear the extremists the loudest..good that the moderate let their voices be heard.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am very happy that the moderate voices are being heard and most importantly that it is being printed. Cheers to the Daily Mail for printing it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Actually that's great, great news.

It's actions like these that will strengthen relations between decent people in the UK and hopefully the extremists will get the message slapped to them a little harder if it comes from another Muslim.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
this is good news, great news in fact

ever argued with an extremist?
it's impossible!

their heads are soooo thick nothing goes through
debating with then is useless
just throw them on the curve and kick them on the head

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was just in Fez, Morocco and I can say the Jewish district is pleasant, nice, peaceful, and fully tolerated by the Muslim population. Christians and Jews are what Muslims call "People of the book" and they are therefore tolerated in Islam.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

This is brilliant news and it confirms that we "moderate" everyday Muslims are not in agreement with the fanatics.
So many times i have heard of moderates speaking out against extremists but i believe this is the first time i have seen a confrontation between the two.
Well done to these guys. Extremists have no place in Islam and i think it's brilliant that these Muslims came together to tell them that.

www.dailymail.co.uk

Starred - thanks my friend for posting this.

This is finally some good news.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I suppose most Muslims in that town got feed up with a bunch of radicals pitching tent and inciting others. The thing is, Muslims tend to think that all this war on terror business has nothing to do with them. They are actually stuck in between reactionary extremists and crazy crusaders.

[edit on 053131p://pm3108 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
About time it happened somewhere. This is simply an eventuality. The body always tries to expel the cancer. Hopefully, the extremists do not retaliate against these Muslims, as they are now infidels in their eyes.

Hopefully we see more of this, and less of the Wahhabi approach. Which i hear is going strong in Uk anyway. The tentacles of the Saud Regime reach far.

love and peace

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Muslim community turned on extremists in their midst yesterday, telling them they were 'sick and tired' of their behaviour.

As the radical Muslims began to set up their stall, they were surrounded by a crowd shouting 'we don't want you here' and 'move on, move on'.

My first reaction was surprise that mainstream Muslims would be against an anti-war campaign. But looking at the signs the "anti-war" protesters were holding up, it seems like more of an anti-white racism than an anti-war protest.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

It was in the Mail, The Times and Channel 4 news. Don't understand the BBC's agenda on this, no mention anywhere from them.
I have Muslim friends who have been to afraid to speak out because of extemists retribution, this will now change.
Lets not forget the extremists have a political agenda and use the cloak of Islam as an excuse.
Well done Luton Muslims.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
About time. Looks like the fear of retribution from these bunch of fanatics doesn't scare moderate Muslims anymore and they are willing to do something about it. Good thing too, since I also have had Muslims tell me that if they speak out, they're scared of retribution, but as always, it only takes a few to make the rest also stand up and do something about it. Very pleased to hear about this.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wonderful that the media has finally decided to show that not all muslims are extreme. Could this possibly comply with the Elections due to take place at the moment? To Lessen BNP votes by any chance?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join