It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois 2000 - one of the best multiple police sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I recently stumbled onto this story on some rerun show on the Travel channel and it was amazing. I did a search and couldn't find this story reviewed in depth here.. if so please forgive
Im curious if this has been debunked?

It seems with so many witnesses and corroborations it would be impossible.

Google video description:

Final Frontier UFO Documentary Multiple Police Reporting UFOs January 5th 2000 Illinois USA www.sigma-animation.com Maclean Virginia Nov./Dec. 2000, D.J. (David) Massa was featured on a Discovery Channel program UFO over Illinois. Darryl Barker is an independentdirector/producer. His documentary coverage of the famous St. Clair County, Illinois triangular UFO sighting by multiple witnesses, including five police officers, was premiered in August, 2000 in St. Louis, Missouri. An updated program, “The Edge of Reality: Illinois UFO, January 5, 2000” was released in 2001. It’s now been more than six years and eight months since the sighting of a huge, unidentified triangular-shaped UFO by police officers and civilians in the early morning hours of January 5, 2000, over the state of Illinois. Since that time, the incident has been viewed by many as one of the most substantial UFO sightings in the history of the phenomenon, due almost entirely to the testimonials given by the law enforcement officers involved. As a result of my involvement in the production of a documentary that details this UFO sighting, I have had the opportunity to correspond with some of the witnesses over a period of time and stay in touch with developments regarding the sighting. It has given me the opportunity to see how such an event impacts people’s lives, witnesses and non, and gives me cause to stand back and view the entire picture from what I hope to be a humanitarian perspective. April 8, 2004 Addendum: Key case eyewitness, Officer Ed Barton of the Lebanon, Illinois police department died in January, 2004. A memorial can be found at: dbarkertv.com... More info: www.dbarkertv.com... dbarkertv.com... Tips: 'Proof Positive' Police Reporting UFOs llinois USA

Google Video Link

[edit on 29-5-2009 by kronos11]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
can anyone tell me if this case has been discussed here? if so, what possible explanation could be given as to what these policeman and several witnesses saw that night besides a large anti-grav craft. the video below gives an excellent explanation of the well documented events from 4am that night to about sunrise.

There is also a program currently airing on the Travel channel regarding his case.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I saw this show too, it was nice to see how they did a real investigation, and finding the object's route based on the location and times of the witness reports.
Interesting that one guy said the object was shaped like a rectangular prism instead of the triangle everybody else saw.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

oh man the investigation on that program impressed me. One of the best documentaries of a mass sighting I have ever seen. There are no explanations to this one except we have several people stretched over a couple of counties who in sequence sighted this large object moving silently across the sky. Most of the witnesses quoted it as being at least the size of a football field and about 2 to 3 stories in height so this wasn't just lights up in the sky.

The best part of the travel channel doc was the cop that got a blurry polaroid of the craft. His testimony was dead honest and meticulous and his claim like many of the other witnesses was the object appeared to him "otherworldly."

I would really like to hear what the best minds and debunkers out there have to say about this case. This is a perfect case because IMO it is not a UFO. Mainly because every witness in this case states that the craft was LARGE and SILENT so we can identify that there was some sort of anti-grav vehicle in the area. Of course we cannot name the make and model of the craft but we can with CERTAINTY ascertain from the witnesses that this was some solid flying object that was defying all our known laws of physics.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by kronos11]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Either someone in the U.S. Military or a Military contractor is out of their mind to fly something like that over a populated area, or it was ET in origin. Even if people don't know what it is so they think it must be ET in origin when it really belongs to the U.S. Military, doesn't the Air Force know that shows like this will be made and the design features and flight performance will be exposed and re-created? Do they want that? NO! This is why I think it (along with the crafts over Belgium in 1989) were ET in origin. If it is a secret Boeing craft, then I just don't get why the hell they'd fly it over Illinois towns and not out in a remote desert area...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here is the actual segment with Officer Stephens who captured the blurry polaroid and made an official ufo report:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Either someone in the U.S. Military or a Military contractor is out of their mind to fly something like that over a populated area, or it was ET in origin. If it is a secret Boeing craft, then I just don't get why the hell they'd fly it over Illinois towns and not out in a remote desert area...

my thoughts exactly. This thing moseyed across the landscape it appears and at a low altitude. any thoughts on it being a hologram? the witnesses seem to all feel it was a large, solid object but from what i hear these things (projected holograms) can get pretty elaborate. hologram is the only other option for me besides et craft.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

I don't think it was a hologram, first of all what would be the point. And how would they project a hologram to span such a large area, unless it was from a satellite. But even then, you can't make bright lights that light up the sky, with a hologram like the witnesses said they saw.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

I don't think it was a hologram, first of all what would be the point. And how would they project a hologram to span such a large area, unless it was from a satellite. But even then, you can't make bright lights that light up the sky, with a hologram like the witnesses said they saw.

I tend to align with this thinking but Im not certain of anything these days. I have heard from several sources the US military has developed large scale sky holograms for various purposes.. one could possibly be to test these holographic ships on the public at 4am for a possible false flag event on the horizon?

minor reference:
heartdaughter.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That looked like a Triangle ship.
Its best to have witnesses like the Belgian Triangle case
to give detail to these ships.

Amazing that you can have all flat surfaces and not have
saucer shapes any more.

I think a cube or rectangle might work.
A long rectangle might do well like the cylinder.
I wonder if the Tesla wireless transmitter and receiver forward
and aft are the secret to a high speed zeppelin.
From the arching light surrounding the ones videoed on youtube
there must be good electrical reason.

ED: Who needs a hologram for lots of dots in the sky, the
Mexico fleets and others hardly brought out a panic.
And when they land the kick the pathetic actors in alien suits
for the witnesses to gawk at until the MIB arrive.
MIB goes you didn't see this clown act right.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

ED: Who needs a hologram for lots of dots in the sky, the
Mexico fleets and others hardly brought out a panic.
And when they land the kick the pathetic actors in alien suits
for the witnesses to gawk at until the MIB arrive.
MIB goes you didn't see this clown act right.

^^ thanks for the great contribution. this is too funny

top topics

join