It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and Russian warships line up in dispute over Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

US and Russian warships took up positions in the Black Sea today in a risky war of nerves on opposing sides of the Georgia conflict.

With the Russians effectively controlling Georgia's main naval base of Poti, Moscow also dispatched the Moskva missile cruiser and two smaller craft on "peacekeeping" duties at the port of Sukhumi on the coast of Abkhazia, the breakaway region that the Kremlin recognised as independent yesterday.
source

Wasn't sure where to put this: it's too old for breaking news and it isn't a middle east issue. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Anyway, apparently there is still some tension in the Russia/Georgia issue and we (the US) are getting involved. At the moment, it's just a standoff and let's hope it stays that way. The last thing we need is a war with Russia on top of a potential war with North Korea.

All of these potential conflicts at once is very suspicious. If this is a distraction tactic (and i'm not saying it is, just throwing the possibility out there), there must be something huge they are trying to divert attention from.

TA

[edit on 29-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. It is very interesting and informative. I hope they dont get too crazy around there.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
On the other hand, this news seems to have been buried. I've done some searching and this is the only article i can find on it. One would think this would've made headlines, but the article is two days old and this is apparently all that has been said about it. Anyone out there have any updates on this situation?

TA

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard anything about this? I'd really like to know what's happening over there but i just can't find anything else. Is there something that i've overlooked, is this untrue or is it being buried? I'm going to keep digging.

TA

[edit on 30-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Look at the date of the article,its 27 august 2008 i think this is old news

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Two days old? If you re-read the article, you will see it's nearly ten months old.

# Ian Traynor in Brussels
# guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 27 August 2008 19.19 BST

This wasn't buried either. It made headline news around the world, US ships heading to Black Sea, Russian ships already in Black sea blockading Georgian ports.

What were you doing when Georgia and Russia were at war?

new topics

top topics

join