posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
Did anyone catch this special tonight?
A LOT of big names on it:
* Will Smith, who gets down to basics with a boardroom full of corporate finance executives.
* Samuel L. Jackson, who appears as a bestselling author of self-help books and who is "Broke as Hell and Not Going to Take it Anymore!"
* The Jonas Brothers, who teach screaming teenage girls the mysteries of the stock market. * Seth Green, who explains the fundamentals of a
smart mortgage from his "crib."
* Cedric the Entertainer, who talks back to credit cards.
* Christian Slater and Rosario Dawson, who visit an office workplace to explain the importance of investing in a 401(k) retirement plan.
* The E*Trade Babies, who meet Mellody for an online chat from their high chairs.
(The E*Trade Babies were great, as one would expect.)
I can't help but think conspiracy on the timing of this show.
You can see it here: ABC's UN-BROKE
The fundamentals of the economy are horrible; besides the US, the whole world.
The market goes up on low volume, ZeroHedge and others speculate about market manipulation.
The US debt has doubled in months and we have huge obligations. Our outstanding current debbt is on the order of $65trillion, or some say
This is impossible to payoff.
We are still monetizing, in fact we are now having problems getting others to buy our treasuries, easily indicated by the 30yr yield. We're going to
buy it for ourselves (print money).
Yet everyone thinks it's just a normal downturn and things are going to pick back up.
We're in a cataclysm. There is no were else to turn when the US bailout bubble bursts. We're broke and it's going to be 10 years or longer before
we start coming out of it.
It seems like a show now encouraging people to get in the stock market is completely wrong.
Are the sheeple being manipulated or is this an honest effort by ABC?