It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Alberta, Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm new to the site and the whole conspircy theory network ever since I heard about FEMA camps and the new world order. I used to be a sheep at one point in time believing that the MSM was always right and I was wrong when it came to my point of view.

I'm a born and raised in Edmonton and proud to be a Canadian eh

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hello and welcome.

I'm in Ontario, nice to meet a fellow Canadian.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

I just moved from there. the housing industry is collapsing. Whyte ave was fun tho. be careful not to seperate yourself from the supposed "sheeple" like many on here would have you do. The mob mentality on this site is as rampant as any.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hi there and welcome,

I am also Canadian born! Great to meet you!

Hope to see you around!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We need more Canadians lol

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Yeah Edmonton is not the same city it used to be that for sure there is work here still but it's not what it used to be. I'm still thinking of pulling out of my apprenticeship because oil and gas has shrunk fast, also the board responsible for over looking my trade has had a few problems with there "computer systems" so they keep telling me.

But it's nice to know that Canadians like me notice the strange things that don't belong.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

I'm midapprenticehsip right now. Moved to a small town west of red deer and i'm workin' for more money, and the square footage is more. go figure. I hada job there, but my boss was such a greedy person. One of those people that only know how to survive in a "boom" and when it leaves, they have so much overhead they're screwed. Lol......My buddies used to have phones north and south, and i planted some seeds there. They're at least watching, if not intently. peace.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Which trade are you in ?, I'm 1st year Steamfitter/Pipefitter I work out of Sherwood Park.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

2nd year carpenter, and i got into the apprenticeship a few years into my career....Where i'm at, every pidherney trucks parked in the lot...same with other places. I got a job, luckily. Went outside for a smoke after looking for a job all day. Hearda skillsaw going down the street. Booyah! There's only 5 fulltime framers in this town of 7000 and i'm one of them!!

If i were u tho i'd sit tight tho....maybe check out brooks/medicine hat on kijiji or craigslist....

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
hello! i'm also in edmonton, welcome!

born and raised in minnesota, actually.. married a canadian!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Greetings! I have a lot of family out your way, working in and around the Ft. McMurray area. I lived in both Ft. Mac and Edmonton myself for a couple of years.

Glad to see another Canadian on the site, I'm an east-coaster myself.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Cool I like the east coast, I was considering going out there but now I might not get chance. I'm assuming most of your family works in the oilsands, I been up to Ft. Mac a few times not that I liked the camp environment but fun none the less.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey welcome to ATS.

One of the most entertaining locations on the web, you'll never really know what somebody will post next. Make yourself at home there is plenty of beer and eats in the frig.

We have a wonderful Search feature to see if something you want to post a new thread about hasn't already been posted. Trust me using it cuts down on getting your post deleted for already being posted. It is also a great way to find and join already going threads in your fields of interests.

P.S.

Don't touch my Scotch!

Peace

Slay

[edit on 31-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Oil
reply to post by Monger

Cool I like the east coast, I was considering going out there but now I might not get chance. I'm assuming most of your family works in the oilsands, I been up to Ft. Mac a few times not that I liked the camp environment but fun none the less.

That would be correct. I lived there from 97-00, before the most recent boom but the place was growing at an astounding pace even then. This was before the camps and the like, I haven't been there since I left in 2000.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I am also new to this site and have enjoy myself thus far.

Many interesting subjects...individuals with various ideals and diverse backgrounds.

Enjoy and I will see you around!

Ciao!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I live in a tourist area on the Georgia coast.

Over the years I've met many Canadian residents. Never met one I didn't like.

Glad to have you aboard.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
just joined also mr edmonton. go canadiens ha

top topics

join