It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for fellow Canadians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Now I know this is a conspiracy site and all, but it is also full of some of the smartest people i have seen. With an inate ability to track down information where I can't seem to. The question I'm about to pose is not entirely conspiracy related, but im not sure where else to ask.

So here goes nothing.....

Now the recession has hit everyone hard myself included. Finding a job has been horrible. I found out though that I was able to access my locking in pension by filling out a form for "financial hardship"

Now I filled out the form and It asked me what my expected income was going to be for the next 12 months. I put zero as I dont currently have a job and have a hard time finding one.

I finished the app and sent it out. And wouldn't you know it, I now have a interview for a job and if i get it I will now be making money.

I have looked high and low about what to do. The application is already sent out in the mail with a estimated 0 income. But now if I get the job that will change. Is there something I need to do to change it? Or do I just leave it as at the time of the application my expected income was zero.

Does anyone know if i need to let them know that i have a job now (provided i get this job) Or do I leave it as at the time of the application i was not working?

Just wondering if anyone here has been in the same situation and knows what should be done.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Greetings,

May I ask what Province you are from?

I just checked around and it it seems some provinces have made changes to their welfare/unemployment systems.

Due to the depression, Ontario Works now allows to to keep half of what you make, along with still getting their check (your tax dollars).

This would be good if you are not sure of whether or not the job will work out, or if you will get it etc..

I'd go ahead and apply for welfare/unemployment [if you can] and then keep looking for a job. You'll probably find one and this way you'll feel less stress as you'll have somewhat of a safety net.

Many of the provinces are doing this. Check it out.

*Heck, you'll probably find a job the same day you apply for unemployment/welfare - things work that way.

Good luck eh!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11

Does anyone know if i need to let them know that i have a job now (provided i get this job) Or do I leave it as at the time of the application i was not working?

I misread your post - more than slightly (but some of the stuff I suggested may hep you hold out on opening your pension)

Here goes:

*You don't have to tell them until you've got the cash from your first paycheck in your hand or account.

Until then, you won't know what income to report either - or even estimate it.

Up until you cash that check your income is still Zero. Until you cash it, there is no change to your income.

The money is not yours until it gets transferred to you upon cashing of the check.

Be patient.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If you get the job simply don't access your locked in funds as you probably won't need them, and you should only make a withdrawal of that nature as a last resort.

If you don't get the job, withdraw away.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
either way, Service Canada is the way to go. They know everything, and by "they know everything" I mean "all of the information is available to them if they cared enough to look for it or ask someone for the information"

new topics

top topics

join