It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goode Family: another Mike Judge series.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying, I MISSED the first episode!
I'm hoping some of you saw it.

The show centers around what appears to be the antithesis of the Hill family, of King of the Hill fame.
Where the Hill's have adopted an ultra-conservative lifestyle, the Goode's have chosen the ultra-liberal path. Going so far as to declare the family dog, a vegan.

So, did anyone watch the premiere? how was it?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

www.hulu.com...

Best I can do for you. I'm about to hit the sack once this CD is over.

I never really got into Beavis and Butthead, but I've been a big fan of King of the Hill for awhile now.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Meh, watched the first ten minutes and stopped ...

It's terrible! (imho)

I want my King of the Hill back!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I thought the show was OK, nothing real special. I am still wondering if ABC will pick up "King of the Hill", and what will become of the two episodes FOX still has in its inventory. As Dale Gribble knows, this is a conspiracy to get rid of a great series and replace it with a mediocre one.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks Runespider!
I wasn't expecting the whole episode. I appreciate the link.
I thought it was funny, but they tried to pack too much character development into the first show. I do know a girl, a friend of my wife, that would fit tight in as a character though.

The fact they are picking on a group that isn't known for self deprecating humor, might be the demise of the show?

Now that the first show is done, they can get into straight story lines now.

As for King of the Hill, I hope it gets picked up too. It would be great to see these shows together, in an hour of Tit-for-tat. Perhaps even a little character crossover.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The show is being run in summer, which is a low turnout time to begin with. There was little promotion for the show, so I do not think ABC was interested in it after seeing the show.

I will watch it as most pilots have the problem of introducing the characters and trying to keep people tuned in. It probably will improve the next time as the characters start to flesh out.

KOTH does its share of taking jabs of liberals, and I do remember an excellent All in the Family in which Mike Stivic gets a good comeback from a black burglar:

After Archie makes a statement that it is not a man's fault he was born colored, Mike goes into a little speech about Archie not understanding the black man's plight. Cleavon Little (who played the burglar) looks at Mike and says: "And you do?" The studio audience had a big reaction and the look on Mike's face is priceless.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
horrible, shocking, terible
Please stick a fork in my eyes before anyone makes me watch that again.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

So you won't be watching episode 2, I gather?

I didn't "Cotton" to King of the Hill at first either.
Frankly, I wasn't much of a fan until a year or so ago, now I am addicted to KOTH.

If the Goode's don't tone it down a little, I'll probably write off that show.
but I've been a big fan of Judge's work, for quite a while. Ever since "Frog Baseball" the film short that led to Beavis and Butthead.

PS..I'll post my completely honest opinion of episode 2, once it airs.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Btw, I just found out that the last 2 King of the Hill are going to be shown this and next Sunday at 10pm EST on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network).

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

DVR is ready!
I may make some SpaPeggy and meatballs to celebrate.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The episodes Adult Swim are showing are first run for that network. They have been previously shown on FOX. Adult Swim is starting to show the latest season that was recently aired. I will watch the show to be sure, as anything can change in the world of TV.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

It seems you are correct kid ...

The two episodes on adult swim next couple of sundays have been shown on fox before.

I wonder what is happening to the two unaired episodes?

new topics

top topics

join