It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taguba Saw "Video of Male Soldier Sodomizing Female Detainee"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Taguba Saw "Video of Male Soldier Sodomizing Female Detainee"

www.truthout.org

In 2007, shortly after he was forced into retirement, Army Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba made a startling admission. During the course of his investigation into the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib, Taguba said he saw "a video of a male American soldier in uniform sodomizing a female detainee."

Taguba told New Yorker reporter Seymour Hersh that he saw other graphic photos and videos as well, including one depicting the "sexual humiliation of a father with his son, who were both detainees."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Now before you start trashing Truth Out Just think why would the general lie about something like this? No reason other than he is a human being that knows the difference between right and wrong. There was very good reason Obama didn't want to release those photos but I want to know the TRUTH! I know its not coming from MSM you should have seen the propaganda film they had on our local news about NK today. Its all a distraction...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Just think why would the general lie about something like this?

Not saying that he is lying, but the article does state that he was forced out. Could a grudge be a factor in what he said.

As for NK being a distraction, I really don't think so. I think many people agree with Obama's decision to not release the pics. Therefore it is no longer an issue for them.

Many people want the truth but even if they release the pics, we will never be told the whole truth. IMO, there is a lot of cover up in all of this to protect some VIP's who were aware that this was going on.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Obviously by why protect these "VIP's" there is no reason for it at all. I was raised to accept responsibility for my actions. If we do not hold these people responsible what kind of message are we trying to send, Nixon's?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
LoL a distraction? yea, ok ...North Korea flippin out is a distraction for something that has happened in every war EVER! just never been videotaped . Im not saying if this happened or not but if it didnt, it would be the first time ever.

But yea...North Korea is a distraction from your myopic eye. Good Game.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I am not saying NK has any cares about this once so ever... I am just saying it is good timing to distract the American public from the truth at home...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish

I am not saying NK has any cares about this once so ever... I am just saying it is good timing to distract the American public from the truth at home...

Im not saying NK cares about this either, why would they?
Im asking .....why do you?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'd believe it ...

I read the book "Monstering" by Tara Mckelvey ... about 2 years ago, it basically tells eye-witness reports of this type of behavior in Iraq from our beloved troops.

There are ALWAYS a few bad apples in the bunch, and for some reason quite a few of them ended up working as guards at that prison in Iraq.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I care namely because torture is wrong... Human being should be treated like human beings regardless of where they come from.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I was raised to accept responsibility for my actions.

As was I, but obviously things have changed. The message our government is sending in all of this is that it is all right to cover up bad things.

The only thing that makes me mad is that they try to turn this into a blame game and blame one party for the whole mess. ImO both party are guilty and both parties should take the high road and do what is morally right. Investigate what happened and go after every person responsible regardless of rank, power, wealth, statue, position, party, or any other variable.

This issue will continue to be resurrected time and time again no matter how deep they try to bury it.

Great thread.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thank you, all I am trying to do is got more information out on what actually happened because it does matter to me. I feel for people that have been in horrible situations... I am human.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by jam321

I feel for people that have been in horrible situations... I am human.

I wonder how many Iraqi "humans" "tried to get as much info out" about Jessica Lynch. Or was that just another mass distraction for us?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I suppose I am unamerican because I am against torture in your eyes eh?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Absolutely not...no matter your views you are just as american as anyone else. thats kinda what it means to BE an american

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

My apologies then, I have been being attacked lately in these type of threads and was expecting the same from you... sorry for that. I know there is two sides to every story but either way I am tired of our Gov't ignoring the fact that our country violated the Geneva Convention and our constitution and does not care about being held accountable for its actions, Its embarrassing.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I guess my feeling is this: Are we better than our adversaries? No
Just because we like to hold ourselves to a higher standard dosent mean we are. When these people start following these rules of war(imho an oxymoron) then and only then will we be bound by them.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I honestly do not believe a word of this garbage. Sure, I can definitely believe in Humiliation practices which involved undressing individuals, and leaving them "Exposed" in such a manner as a way to get in their heads per say; but accusing individuals of sodomy is an entirely separate issue, which is apparently being mushed together with the former by critics of Military Interrogations. Leaving someone standing nude is so far removed from sodomy and rape, that to compare the two is beyond abhorrent.

This sounds awfully reminiscent of yet another whacked out Hersh accusation. It is similar to the fake MIL personnel who put forth such claims as well, only to be exposed at a later date for the frauds which they were. If any truth to such claims ever became public in nature, I can understand the resulting outrage, but in absence of this proof, any and all Americans should be giving the benefit of the doubt to our Men and Women in Uniform.

new topics

top topics

join