It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiprider Agreement Reached - Sorry couldn't post this anywhere else!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Again, sorry this is in the wrong forum but my posts were just to low to make my own thread and I couldn't find enough recent topics that I felt like making my mark upon.

Anyways, I was going through the local paper on wedsday and noticed in a little box with a picture with the following headline :

Border Agreement Reached
"Canadian Public safety Minister Peter Van Loan and US Department of Homeland Secuirty Janet Napolitano address the media yesterday at a US Curstoms Cargo Facility in Detroit after signing an agreement to make the shiprider program, which involves joint law enforcement teams stationed along the international maritime border, permanent"

I couldn't find anything on ATS about this agreement or anyone discussing it or what it was about, so I thought I would check it out.

Shiprider Mar 2008

That was in March 2008, which if you read some you will see has much to do with that SPP... which is further integrating international law enforcement here in North America (it seems like that to me at least)

Shiprider May 2009

a blog about someone who went there.

From my point of view im not sure, do we really need more law enforcement? cross border policing according to international law? Do other countries or the EU have something like this?

If you search it on google it either bring up the "protects sovereignty side" or "NAU IS COMING" side.

Anyways, thought it should be discussed, again sorry I couldnt post it in a proper forum entry.

join