It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother asks: 'Do you have a flush toilet?'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Big Brother asks: 'Do you have a flush toilet?'

worldnetdaily.com

The federal government is forcing 3 million Americans to disclose sensitive, personal information about finances, health and lifestyle in a 14-page survey – including questions about availability of household flush toilets and difficulty with undressing and bathing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The 2009 American Community Survey, an annual supplement to the decennial Census, asks about residents' personal relationships and whether a home has hot and cold running water, a flush toilet, bathing facilities, appliances and phone services. It also asks how many rooms are in a home and what vehicles are used at each household.

The new questionnaire asks respondents what they pay for electricity, gas, water and sewer every month and whether residents receive food stamps.

Question 16 asks, "About how much do you think this house and lot, apartment, or mobile home would sell for if it were for sale?"

Respondents are required to disclose costs associated with rent or mortgage, annual real estate taxes on and fire, hazard and flood insurance expenses.

For each person in the household, the questionnaire asks for citizenship status, education level, whether that person attends private or public schools. It also features questions about health coverage, hearing and vision impairment and physical, mental or emotional conditions.

worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-5-2009 by felonius]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ha they don't need that much information in my opinion and truth I for one will not fill that survey out.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I will give them BASIC info...nothing more...they say I have to fill it out by law , they didn't say HOW MUCH of it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In 2000 I filled out the census, and when they asked for RACE, I wrote, human.

They threatened me with all sorts of stuff, from fines to potential arrest because I deliberately wrote incorrect information on the census report.
I never backed down and continued to write "human" as my race.
They eventually ignored/forgot about me.

I wonder if project "Acorn" is going to visit me this year. I can't wait!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Okay, if I get these questions presented to me, I will make up absurd answers, just like I did in 2000 when the sillies of the federal government weren't satisfied with my honest answers on the consensus forms I received. That was a fun day. We were having a wedding, a small reception at my house and as the head of house, I was asked to answer more questions I claimed all the guests were my dependents and I only earned 20,000 dollara a year and we did not get public assistance. lol.

F*&% the intrusions. And by the way, don't threaten my daughter when you wander into my yard the next time, seeking GPS information. If I had been home that day, no doubt I would have received a serious bum spanking for tossing that lady out of my yard on her butt, along with her arrogant and illegal actions.

I consider census takers as less than the Jehovah Witnesses that visit me from time to time. At least the Jehovah's Witnesses can be engaged in intelligent conversation and also know when NO! means "get out now while things are still civil" means that things are still civil.

Tom Petty said it very well: "Don't come round here no more."

Edit because I want to add that there is a great way to deter people you don't want to come round no more. Answer your door wearing just underwear, holding a firearm in one hand and a beer in the other. And be surly. I haven't had any pest come round here no more after that. And if the folks at the front door are uber religious, leer at whoever you think might feel uncomfortable.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by kyred]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Guys please don't give false statements. I did some checking and was shocked, for sure, to realize that it is indeed against the law to not give full and complete answers. The penalties for giving false statements is even worse. Don't break the law. Instead, start asking your attorneys about the constitutionality of this. The laws have been on the books since 1976 so I would think (not sure of this), or at least, hope that there is some rational reason for it besides just

that the
information called for is needed to aid or permit the efficient
performance of essential governmental functions or services, or
has significant application to the needs of the public, business,
or industry and is not publicly available from nongovernmental or
other governmental sources;

Geesh, what the hell? This has gotten so far beyond an enumeration of citizens! That said, seriously, this has been going on for decades... don't you think it's been challenged? I don't know what to think!!!

Just don't break the law... protect yourself. If you want to fight it, then fight it legally.

Edit to add: link to the law. TITLE 13 - CENSUS CHAPTER 7 - OFFENSES AND PENALTIES

[edit on 30/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As I mentioned in another Census thread, I ran the operations in 1990 for a major portion of the Northeast. These questions were on the survey then too. As intrusive as the questions may seem to be there actually is a reason for them. First, no one can see your answers for 72 years. The data is aggregated to the 'block' level at its most granular and public access to data is restricted to 'block-group' and above (about 250-400 housing units).

Why ask these questions? It provides important insight into changing quality of life across the country. This data is used in the public sector to determine what kinds of resources are needed and where they should be focused. Chnges over time yield significant population and lifestyle trend information. The private sector uses this data as well.

An example, cars in the household. By looking at cars per household, household density and distances to commercial sectors specific areas can be prioritized for public transportation investment. Asking prices for homes, viewed over subsequent Censuses (Censii?) trends population shifts in the country. And on, and on...

I am a huge critic of the government. My posts make that abundantly clear. But from my personal, first-hand experience running the Census as well as my professional life using the data, it is a most worthwhile endeavor. I have worked in Europe where this kind of data is not collected and will tell you from first-hand experience that public planning suffers as a result.

Believe what you will but this is nothing new. It has gone on for decades and to my knowledge there hasn't been any untoward use of the data.

And seriously, WorldNutDaily as a source?? Please...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by jtma508]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am not sure that I agree with this. In 1980 and 1990 I only gave them information on the number of people in my household and that was it. I refused to answer any other questions and never received any notices, fines or any other correspondence from them. I like the idea of answering the door holding a beer, pistol and wearing nothing but some nasty looking underwear.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've had a Census taker in my home once.

Unfortunately, my new housemate took it upon herself to answer all the questions and gave the most flagrant and creative answers she could fictionalize.

Kind of bummed me out really. I lost a lost of respect for my friend of 12 years that day. I couldn't get a word in edgewise, and now there's a host of b.s. swimming in the National Database.

I moved out soon after that...

The way I see it, the more FACTUAL information they have, the better equipped they are to institute programs and gain funding for those people who actually have GENUINE issues and need assistance.

(Although I will always write in "HUMAN" under the "race" portion.)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Constitutionally, you are only required to answer the number of persons living in your household. If you refuse to answer any other questions, you can be fined up to $100FRN's. This invasion of our privacy should be refused. Pay the fine and tell the to f&^% themselves.

Go to the following website. Even though it is outdated, it speaks volumes of what is true and right. Stop this out of control government in its tracks. Refuse to co-operate.

www.save-a-patriot.org...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Monteriano

Sorry - but the whole "constitutional" defense just smacks of wanting all the benefits of the American Way of Life but none of the actual responsibilities or participation.

Laziness. Fear. Paranoia. That's no way to live.

Land of the Free, perhaps...but certainly no longer "Home of the BRAVE".

Relax - they're just Civil Servants - not "evil lizard people coming to eat our young and run off with our knickknacks."

*edit because Big Brother demands proper spelling.

[edit on 5/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
As I mentioned in another Census thread, I ran the operations in 1990 for a major portion of the Northeast. These questions were on the survey then too. As intrusive as the questions may seem to be there actually is a reason for them. First, no one can see your answers for 72 years. The data is aggregated to the 'block' level at its most granular and public access to data is restricted to 'block-group' and above (about 250-400 housing units).

Why ask these questions? It provides important insight into changing quality of life across the country. This data is used in the public sector to determine what kinds of resources are needed and where they should be focused. Chnges over time yield significant population and lifestyle trend information. The private sector uses this data as well.

An example, cars in the household. By looking at cars per household, household density and distances to commercial sectors specific areas can be prioritized for public transportation investment. Asking prices for homes, viewed over subsequent Censuses (Censii?) trends population shifts in the country. And on, and on...

I am a huge critic of the government. My posts make that abundantly clear. But from my personal, first-hand experience running the Census as well as my professional life using the data, it is a most worthwhile endeavor. I have worked in Europe where this kind of data is not collected and will tell you from first-hand experience that public planning suffers as a result.

Believe what you will but this is nothing new. It has gone on for decades and to my knowledge there hasn't been any untoward use of the data.

And seriously, WorldNutDaily as a source?? Please...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by jtma508]

Stop making sense. People don't like that around here.

As a side note, I wish all my neighbors answered the door in their underwear, clutching firearms and and intoxicants.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

The way I see it, the more FACTUAL information they have, the better equipped they are to institute programs and gain funding for those people who actually have GENUINE issues and need assistance.

yeah I bet bigbrother would love this information.. especially for those FEMA camps
.....those GENUINE issues will appear when they start rounding up people.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Like I said...

Fear. Paranoia. No way to live.

I'd rather die in a FEMA camp by having the balls to come forward and state the truth than end up in a country full of distrustful, scared chickenbutts.

As much as everyone like to fantasize about America going all "Nazi Germany" on us....I don't think it's going to happen.

I mean - come on - have you SEEN the GOP ratings lately?

No way. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

But hey man, if you WANT to continue living with imminent threat of totalitaian dictatorship and get your rocks off making mountains out of molehills and connect the dots all darn day - I sure ain't gonna stop you.

And neither is this "evil government" of which you speak. Trust me. They've got bigger fish to fry.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

You post smacks of a sheeple. Just move along people, there is nothing to see here. It is none of their GD business what I have, own, make or anything else. That is the point. The only reason for the census is to account for your representation in congress and nothing more. You are the part of the reason we are in the shape we are in now. Show me in the constitution where it says that it is the government's business to know how much money I make or what I possess. I am mad as hell and will not tolerate intrusions in my personal life by the government. We are from the government and are only here to help. Go ahead and follow along. I refuse as a sovereign citizen. Go ahead and take your vaccinations and little pills and watch American Idol and lead your fat and happy life. I am a Patriot and far from lazy as you called me. So go crying to the Mods because you can dish it out but can't handle the truth. Everyone has the right to speak freely and I will continue to do so. It matters not why they want the information, it is an invasion of my personal life and I take it personally.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monteriano

You post smacks of a sheeple. Just move along people, there is nothing to see here. It is none of their GD business what I have, own, make or anything else. That is the point. The only reason for the census is to account for your representation in congress and nothing more. You are the part of the reason we are in the shape we are in now. Show me in the constitution where it says that it is the government's business to know how much money I make or what I possess. I am mad as hell and will not tolerate intrusions in my personal life by the government. We are from the government and are only here to help. Go ahead and follow along. I refuse as a sovereign citizen. Go ahead and take your vaccinations and little pills and watch American Idol and lead your fat and happy life. I am a Patriot and far from lazy as you called me. So go crying to the Mods because you can dish it out but can't handle the truth. Everyone has the right to speak freely and I will continue to do so. It matters not why they want the information, it is an invasion of my personal life and I take it personally.

SHEEPLE SHEEPLE SHEEPLE !!!!

Think as I do our you are a SHEEPLE!

Fear the government as I do or you are a SHEEPLE!

Follow me and my like minded friends or you are a SHEEPLE.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Willingly give into to anything that Big Brother asks for? SHEEPLE!

Accept dominion of someone else over your life? SHEEPLE!

Actually believing that this government is out to do nothing but GOOD things and fry "bigger fish"? SHEEPLE!

Honestly, I can say right now that this thing were to show up at my doorstep, they would get by name and the number of people in my household and THAT IS THAT. You don't need to ask people how many cars or how many people have working toilets to figure out legislation that needs to be passed or some kind of "help" government can provide.

Welfare does enough. When's the last time you've seen a neighborhood given a free supply of brand new toilets because the census said that they didn't have good ones? Yeah, that is what I thought.

We have a right to privacy and this, is a blatant violation of that to the very core. They can send me a fine too for all I care and I will sure as hell send them back the envelope it came in.

Keep faith in your government. After all, they couldn't do ANYTHING to hurt little ol' us.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
*please note - I am attacking the mentality, not the individual.

Willingly give into to anything that Big Brother asks for? SHEEPLE!

Accept dominion of someone else over your life? SHEEPLE!

Actually believing that this government is out to do nothing but GOOD things and fry "bigger fish"? SHEEPLE!

Which has a better chance of being put down?

A SHEEP cultivated for it's wool - (which does nothing to harm the animal, and is actually beneficial to the animal being sheared).

or

A RABID, WILD DOG running amuck in the same field barking wildly and scattering/attacking said sheep?

Honestly, I can say right now that this thing were to show up at my doorstep, they would get by name and the number of people in my household and THAT IS THAT.

Don't want some weirdo "fed" showing up at the door interrupting your down time?

Fair enough. It's not like they are just human beings trying to make a living themselves, anyway.

Screw 'em. Buncha damn Lizardmen trying to eat our pets!

Welfare does enough.

When exactly was the last time you lived in substandardized housing in an inner city? I'm all too familiar with the rampant problems of these affected areas. It's not nice, it's not pretty, hard to fix because of distrust...and in areas like those, fear/gossip spreads like wildfire with no factual evidence to back it up.

Count your blessings if you aren't in the thick of that trying to make a difference to people who would just as soon call you a sheep as beat you down.

When's the last time you've seen a neighborhood given a free supply of brand new toilets because the census said that they didn't have good ones?

New changes in the Census itself are trying to amend these basic needs issues.

How can the Government know the funding is needed if the very selfsame people who NEED the toilets are so fearful and distrusting of "the Government" that they won't even answer a few questions on their own doorstep from a Census taker?

No one said you HAD to let these folks into your home. You CAN conduct this type of buisness from the comfort of your doorstep, with the door closed.

The more accurate information the Census provides, the better chance for a change in policy.

IN GENERAL:

If you don't like the idea of strangers in your home or your private time being interrupted, please just say something to that effect without going into how zomg it's a trick it's a plot the government has it in for us!!!

Because they don't.

*edit for formatting

[edit on 5/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

A SHEEP cultivated for it's wool - (which does nothing to harm the animal, and is actually beneficial to the animal being sheared).

or

A RABID, WILD DOG running amuck in the same field barking wildly and scattering/attacking said sheep?

It is MY wool and I should be able to determine who gets it and if it isn't causing me any harm. And maybe the wild dog is a better scenario, because these those sheep might wake up to the fact that they are being used.

Hard day, don't want some weirdo "fed" showing up at the door interrupting your down time.

Fair enough. It's not like they are just human beings trying to make a living themselves, anyway. Screw 'em.

Buncha damn Lizardmen trying to eat our pets!

The "fed" doesn't have the right to interrupt my time or what I do with it at all. I think that is the problem you are having difficulty realizing. I am NOT here to serve them, they are here to serve US.

Regardless of whether not myself of 15 million other people refuse to give our information, the people "doing their job" are still getting paid at the end of the day. And as far as the "Lizardmen" statement, it is nice of you to assume that all people who can actually take truth for face value automatically believe in such malarkey.

Oh really? When exactly was the last time you lived in substandardized housing in an inner city? I'm all too familiar with the rampant problems of these affected areas. It's not nice.

When is the last time YOU lived in the same scenario to be so familiar with it? I will tell you right now that I have never lived in such conditions, but I know people who have first hand. I can also tell you that any support that they may have received has never come from federal government (with the exception of welfare and EMS), it has all come from state government. No, it isn't nice, but these unnecessary questions aren't going to solve any of it.

New changes in the Census itself are trying to amend these basic needs issues.

How can the Government know the funding is needed if the very selfsame people who NEED the toilets are so fearful and distrusting of "the Government" that they won't even answer a few questions on their own doorstep from a Census taker?

According to multiple sources, some of these questions have been around for many years and I've seen no progress. According to another source, this information isn't accessed for 70+ years. I'm just feeling plenty safer not that as I'm laying on my deathbed, my toilet might arrive via USPS.

Before you start pinpointing how people are fearful and distrusting, why don't you think of the underlying reasons that we are. It isn't because one day we decided to wake up and hate the government. No. It is years, generations of mistreatment, lies, and misconstrues that have developed this "fear" you speak of.

You call it fear because you could imagine the fact that instead, it is outright DEFIANCE of a government gone wrong. Obviously you fear your ideal lifestyle and false protection the "God-blessed government" provides for you.

Your rationalization is absurd and you are starting to sound more like a dis-info agent than anything. Go ahead and keep leading you obviously perfect existence that government can do no wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join