It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says North Korea May Plan Long-Range Missile Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

U.S. Says North Korea May Plan Long-Range Missile Test

www.foxnews.com

U.S. officials said there are new signs Pyongyang may be planning more long-range missile launches. Perhaps more significantly, officials in Washington said there are indications of increased activity at a site used to fire long-range missiles.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow. So today they fire their 6th short range missile and now there are indications of them preparing to fire a long-range missile. This will push things back over the top. NK could probably go on test firing the short range rockets with not much fanfare but the world cringes when they test the big boys. I wonder if the US will blow it off the launching pad or if Japan will shoot it down in take off as has been threatened in the past?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
God I hope Japan shoots it down.

I'm pretty sure NK hates Japan more then us due to their history, it's just, WE CAN'T FIGHT ON ANOTHER FRONT!!!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i wonder how long this will go on for before someone does something. obviously something will have to be done if every asian neighbor to NK is like "well # that."

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We should launch a hundred thousand missiles into North Korean air space and at the last possible moment have them explode in the night sky in a huge display of fireworks, in their language that says THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING THE NEXT ROUND WILL HAVE REAL WARHEADS!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

With all due respect Sir. How many fronts were fought during World War II? This is a drum up to WWIII. The lines in the sand are being drawn. Us versus "them". We could for sure sustain another front! We have hundreds of thousands of reservists and don't forget a draft could be re-instated! Better shine your boots. I know mine are.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTallRedOne83

With all due respect Sir. How many fronts were fought during World War II? This is a drum up to WWIII. The lines in the sand are being drawn. Us versus "them". We could for sure sustain another front! We have hundreds of thousands of reservists and don't forget a draft could be re-instated! Better shine your boots. I know mine are.

A draft will NEVER happen in the US ever again without inciting martial law. I will NEVER fight for my current government. It is way too #ing corrupt right now. We are meddling in the world's affairs. No way would I give my life for the state that America is in. Call me whatever you want. I'll leave this #ing country, the one I still love, if it came to that bull#. But I hate my government.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Originally posted by TheTallRedOne83

A draft will NEVER happen in the US ever again without inciting martial law. I will NEVER fight for my current government. It is way too #ing corrupt right now. We are meddling in the world's affairs. No way would I give my life for the state that America is in. Call me whatever you want. I'll leave this #ing country, the one I still love, if it came to that bull#. But I hate my government.

That is your choice. I respect that choice. I still have the right to call you a coward though.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
We should launch a hundred thousand missiles into North Korean air space and at the last possible moment have them explode in the night sky in a huge display of fireworks, in their language that says THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING THE NEXT ROUND WILL HAVE REAL WARHEADS!

Wow. Such an original idea-

So that's what our ancestors created fireworks for.
Fireworks For Peace (through intimidation).
What a concept.
If detonated high enough, not even a violation of sovereign airspace.

If only life were so simple.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Everyone knows what an F-22 is capable of doing right? Amazing how North Korea got really quiet as soon as a dozen of these showed up in Japan...
In the words of Dane Cook: "Stop it! Your being a bitch! Years later we will apologize. Sorry, we didn't know our bombs would do that".

Shut up while you can Kim Jung. F-22's fly fast and low. Ask any Chinese or Russian...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Does "shock and awe" always have to destroy things and kill people to get a desired result?

Maybe it would work, though if it failed the military then should target every nuclear facility, military and weaponry facilities, communications, and all means to launch missiles of any kind.

It would leave the NK regime completely powerless to make threats or war.

Or they could take the warning, and offer their compliance to the world community.

Peace would prevail.

If they go with the fireworks suggestion, I hope they get video.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

haha brilliant, a display of power without injuring a soul. i bet most the NOKO populace would want to take more peaceful measures after learning there not even close to being on par with our arsenal.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hermanthegerman

One MOAB detonated over the capital in NK.
"AHHHH! Hans BRIX! Have a seat! Lets talk!"

new topics

top topics

join