It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hello all!

This is not really a conspiracy, which is why I posted it here in BTS. Rather, it is something that piqued my interest, and I felt that others may also be interested in it. My "Point of Entry" into this was from the side I was most familiar, the Islamic side, but from there I went further and further. Please note that not all of this is my opinion, it is just everything I have found about this person.

Islamic Tradition has a saint/prophet known as "Al-Khidr" (literally translating to "The Green One". He was supposed to be one of the few who are "still alive" (like Jesus or Enoch). Some believe he is the same person as the Prophet Elijah.
Al-Khidr is said to be blessed with special knowledge from God. He is also said to have extraordinary long life, due to drinking from something akin to the "Fountain of Life"(an interesting point of research on its own). Some Muslims believe he is alive still. He is mentioned in relation to a meeting with the Prophet Moses, as well as Dhul-Qarnain "The Two Horned One" (the identity of this character is shrouded in mystery. Some say he is Alexander the Great, or Cyrus the Great, or even some Arab king). Al-Khidr is/was known for always wandering, and helping out those who lost their way. According to some schools of thought (such as Sufism), he is said to be doing this still.

Islamic tradition usually describes him as a young man with a flowing white beard, with a green cloak.

This same character is also sometimes linked to the character of the "Green Knight" from the Arthurian tales. Another link is the character who was the basis of the "Green Man" motif. Some even link him to St. George, and even the character of the Wandering Jew. One scholar even says he is Xerxes, who disappeared after drinking from the Fountain of Life, deciding to live in the service of God.

Some info on Al-Khidr

Now obviously, a lot of this is conjecture, but even in this maze of connections, something must hold true. It seems very interesting how this one character with such a similar personality and symbolism could pop up everywhere. Does anyone have anything solid on this stuff? Anything that can be outright discarded as false? Some of your own input? Thanks in advance!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by babloyi]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have seen and communicated with "The Green One"

But in a completely different context than what you have described.

I would doubt there is a connection between yours and mine but you never know.

T&C forbids me talking about my access to "The Green One" but here is a link....encyclopedia.farlex.com...
also www.essaysample.com...

Some serious syncronicity happening here.... I saw a huge green fireball
in the sky, south of Santa Fe, new Mexico, two nights ago.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

The Pagans have a Green Man, who represents nature and spring. I do know that green is a sacred color to Islam, but have not heard much about the Green One. The Arab people do have a lot of rich mythology before Islam started, and the Green One could be a holdover from that era. I will have to do more research on him.

new topics

join