It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G 20 Pittsburgh: US Hosting September Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

G 20 Pittsburgh: US Hosting September Summit

www:www.huffingtonpost.com

For years, political leaders, community activists and ordinary residents tried to convince the world beyond its three rivers that this former industrial powerhouse was on the rise with an economy built on higher education, medicine and new technology.

From Sept. 24 to 25, it will get a chance to prove its point to the world leaders representing 85 percent of the world's economy. On, Thursday, The white House announced that President Obama decided to host the next Group of 20 summit in Pgh...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
*Snip*
Removed Off Topic Link

[edit on 5/29/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I know, right?! What most people don't know is that Pittsburgh is truly a stunning city, albeit a surprising choice. What's really interesting is "The Golden Triangle", a nickname it's commonly referred by, is also home to Richard Mellon Scaife. Check out the skyline in the photo from the article. I've never realized how many pyramids there are.
Now here's where it gets a little twisted. The link above is to Point of Light: Online "Pittsburgh and the Mayan Calendar". 2/3 of the way into the article (another pyramid) is a section titled "Why is Pittsburgh So Central In These Prophesies and Evolutionary Shifts?" It states that "the Point Park area, where the three rivers converge was a sacred site for tribal rituals of the Native Americans" and that "all indigenous cultures recognized as a sacred power any geographical area where three rivers merge." Now what most people don't know is that there is a fourth, underground river, which provides the water used in the trademark fountain at the Point. According to this article four rivers carry special significance to the Mayan 2012 Prophecies.
Were the inhabitants of Meadowcroft Rockshelter the predecessors of the ancient Maya? It goes on to say because of the uniqueness of the 4 rivers, "several visionaries, healers, a Himalayan holy man, and the Dalai Lama himself have all confirmed that the Point where the rivers converge is a sacred portal, which creates a mirror image of the sacred Mayan Universal World Tree visible, in the Milky Way".
The author further states that "by 2011-2012, Pittsburgh will be recognized globally as a spiritual powerhouse."
I don't know what, if any, connection there is, but I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did. Pittsburgh.......who'd a thunk it?

www:www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Abbby]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
very interesting that they would choose that as the place to host it i guess the govt knows more about 2012 then we do

maybe thatll be where the ufos come out of to save us from the 2012 disaster like some think

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm admittedly biased as I'm from near there originally but it really is a great town.
The area had more than a little to do with the presidential election as a lot of people certainly weren't Obama supporters at one time. He got help from true Pittsburgh royalty in Dan Rooney. I'm not trying to jack the thread here but it's about Obama and Pittsburgh and it's a story that probably couldn't happen anywhere else. -The Rooneys/Steelers truly stand for who we are.

www.pittsburghlive.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

Of course, the first thought in my head was it's got to be a favor for/ from Dan Rooney. Be easy on me, it's my first time trying to put something like this together.
Interesting stuff, though, isn't it?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It almost has to have something to do with it. I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say the Rooneys are Pittsburgh royalty. I mean that in the best possible way too, they're solid people.

Just like the article says Pittsburgh really has turned itself around.The way I see it that area went through a lot of the things that the rest of the country is just getting a real taste of 25 years ago. It's of course a very long and convoluted story but wonderboy Reagan and his kind sold us out to imports long ago.

I could go on and on but at one time if you seen a car going down the road there was a good chance the steel and glass came from the Pittsburgh area or at least a Pitts. company. Look at the skylines of the major cities back east -same thing. It still holds true for the older structures like the Empire State building.

The Rooneys and other old money (and there's a lot of it) in the 'Burgh certainly have something to do with the conference being there but I'd like to think Obama and co. see the town and it's people as a sort of model for the kinds of things the rest of the country has to do to get back on its feet.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I always thought about pyramids whenever you see that view from that beautiful baseball park, PNC park. What a skyline!

I always tell my friends that if there was one other stadium I could visit aside from the obvious ones (Fenway, Yankee Std), it would be PNC park.

Best of luck with the Stanley Cup finals and enjoy the summit festivities!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

Oh, BTW. I really liked all the three rivers/Mayan stuff. It's a neat old area and I've never heard anyone link any prophesy or the like to it before. I'm sure all the hidden meaning folks could have a field day there with all the architecture. -Quite a bit of history and it certainly has it's own 'feel'.

top topics

join