From two distant locations in the universe, two ships depart at approximately the same time. Their destiny is to meet and an adventure awaits the brave crews stationed within their hulls.
Faster Than Light and capable of using wormholes, crammed with extensive technological advances, devastating firepower and defensive shields., they are a veritable match for each other.
Orion Alliance, departs from the Rigellian outpost in the Orion Nebula
Whisper boards the Yddryl. Curiously, she ‘pets’ the interior wall of the ship with her short tentacles. The ship is eerily quiet, as she likes it. Slithering through the ships corridor, she picks out the most reclusive quarters. Cold, cramped, and devoid of any Rigellian art. Throughout the known universe, Rigellian art is viewed as superior, as least as far as Whisper is concerned. Even her empathic friend Antar, has contributed greatly to the quality of Rigellian art forms combining her gift of empathy fused with superior intellect, its result being some of the most thought provoking, provocative sculptures. Some even claim to receive a sense of peace and enlightenment from just viewing these works of art. Not Whisper. She can appreciate it greatly, but not feel it.
Very early on I was taken from the S.I.L.O Containment Area to an Accumulation facility to integrate with a variety of other young life forms, though not encouraged to interact too closely with Bios.
My accumulation years were documented extensively as Lab had no template to compare and define my progress.
It seemed I was one of a kind.
My early behavior set far too many negative precedents to bode well for further S.I.L.O(s) research.
Lab made it clear they didn’t intend to scheduled any new lots for Animation so I’d probably remain, if not only a failure, a unique one.
I wasn’t blamed for my natural curiosity, one thing I had in abundance.
Honesty be said, if anything my curiosity was encouraged.
Until it abruptly came to an end when I made an attempt to morph into a situation I’d no business being a part of.
I was caught trying to accompany a young Bios who was scheduled to leave Accumulation on a lovely-trip to the private quarters of her Bio-Donators who would there further the social rearing of their Bio-Offspring.
It seemed by only my stretch of imagination a young S.I.LO would be welcome in such a setting.
The Creator Comity stepped in to rule it was against Nature to allow me to interact with Bio’s unsupervised and undocumented.
I’d been created to morph Bio’s (and others) not to be reared in their social habits and privacy-dwellings.
The S.S (S.I.L.O Scientists) deemed it far more important I learn the social workings of the Human’s (as they still insisted calling Bios) and in their collective opinion I should be encouraged to do so.
That is if a Gene-Set and a Bio-Donor pair could be found that would accept me.
None to date had been found.
So as those two factions spent eons debating, the ensuing period between conflict and decision succeeded in only one thing.
Time I spent maturing on my own.
For long periods they even forgot I existed.
1) That the vast majority of the crew are going to be upright, bi-pedal (or tripedal if using tentacles for moving) beings.
2) At least 2 manipulative (and no more than 3) limbs.
3) Height will vary between 5 foot and 6.5 feet in size.
4) Dietary needs will run anything from Vegetarian to Omnivorous and carnivorous.
5) Items like chairs and beds will be able to conform themselves to whomever sits in them (within limits). Chairs are likely to be a flat padded seat with a back that can conform to the sitter for example.
6) Backs on said chairs will have a hole located near the bottom of the seat back allowing for such things as either a tail or in the case of a Tripedal legged being for one leg to stick out the back.
7) Control systems for such things as fighters, In ship transports, and other control systems would be of two types.
a) Standard buttons, switches, steering yokes etc. For usage by the vast majority.
b) A set of 3 holes in which beings who have such things as tentacles would use. To use them you insert your manipulative limbs and sensors read the position of your "hands" and thus do the equivalent of flipping switches, rotating dials, etc. by your moving of your "hands". It would be assumed that a standard "limb language" would be used.
8) Both ships would have the equivalent of Elevators for usage by crew. Note that since the Yydryl is an organic ship the elevators would be modified "Seed pods" that would travel inside of the ship walls.
Weapon System Technical Data:
- High-Intensity Proton Demolisher - A large scale weapon based on the technology found in standard issue Proton Disintegrator pistols. Fires highly concentrated bursts of energy that seek out the co-ordinates of programmed target. Once contact is made the concentrated energy is released causing overstimulation of protons to the point that they burst. Has a large area of effect. Can fire 1 round every 30 seconds due to charging cooldown times.
- Thorn Charges - 2000 Yggdrasil Pods have been grown on the Yddril. These pods produce balls of corrosive acid that are discharged from the pod at the speed of sound. Pods self supply and will store 10 charges. After impact the charges splatter, depositing a highly corrosive acid on anything in the vicinity.
- Pinpoint Annihilator - Mainly used for attacking small targets. The annihilator launches a cluster of 3 homing missiles that will follow the target until they or the target are destroyed.
- The Yddryl was formed from a plant species native to Rigel. The particular species itself is vine-like. The tendrils of the ship will grab, entangle, and crush any vessels within their reach. These cannot be controlled.
- "Galactichip" readers are positioned around every doorway on the Yddril. Any being who passes throught the readers without a chip present in their body will be targetted by the ship's interior tentacles and crew will be alerted.
- The plant species that forms the Yddryl has been genetically modified in many ways. The "skin" of the ship has been altered so that its density is 3 times that of diamond. This makes the ship's body near indestructible.
- The ship is equipped with a repellent magnetic field that can be activated to stop metal projectiles fired at the ship.
- The ship is made of organic material and is thus vulnerable to combustion. However, with a lack of oxygen in most areas of the universe the risk of fire is minimal.
End part one.
[edit on 29-5-2009 by Deson]
[edit on 1/6/09 by masqua]
Q'uekzarz would have been very human like, with the exeption of mechanical enhancements. It did not take them long to realize that relying on basic nature in order to survive would lead to extinction. The first goal of Q'uekzarian bio-mechanical research involved eliminating the aging process. Their typical lifespan was about 200 years. This was far too short in a society that prided itself on knowledge and technological advancement, instead of power and domination.
They enventually found the solution, which which involved creating artificial peptites and technological implants that stimulated cell regeneration.
The technology to accomplish such a feat has been lost for millions of years. Texts in the Archives suggest they would have not aged physically passed the human equivalent of 30.
Currently all remaining members have mostly opted out of their original forms to adopt bio-mechical suits known as "watchers". It allows them to communicate with all biological and mechanical entities.
Among other things it also has the ability to manipulate matter and create life forms for a limited duration to help with such things as repairs, combat or technological enhancement.
Originally posted by silo13
Deson, didn't you have a pic of the bridge once?
Or a demo?
Maybe I'm only dreaming, lol.
If so could you shoot me a U2U and send me the url?
Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Deson
Ah yes, now I remember - and we never really came to any conclusions.
Ok great thanks.
I've been working on a pic of the Yydryl in hologram form but needed the bridge as a back drop.