It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by contemplator

Ah, but you believe he is on the road to hell where ultimately him and many other good folk will spend eternity shrieking , gurgling and screamin in pain for eternity burned in a pit of fire by a 'just' God for not accepting his rule. Kind of makes "epic fail" seem a bit weak huh?

You're showing your bias here. And your lack of reasoning. I have said nothing of the sort. Nor will I. Militant atheist it appears. At least I can label your "denomination".

Ok I'll make it simple. Yes or No, am I going to hell?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I have no idea. What is hell?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

agreed but the manner of your post was somewhat one sided against another poster... You say you are free to voice your view and this is correct but the manner in what you posted "in my view" was insulting to the question that was asked in their view So it would make it some what hypercritical of the comment directed at the person correct? And i am sure you will disagree or maybe you wont but i will find out But respect of other views is the reason for this thread? Let me point out the topic "I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned" Look at this statement? I ? You not me not every other person correct? so the argument is moot is it not? as you are your own voice ? ATS is for all voices not just the first letter of the head of the thread topic I hope you can see you are contradicting yourself

I didn't start the thread...you understand that right? I didn't choose the title of the thread, you understand that right? If you do, then I don't even understand what you're going on about in this post. Because the **I** in question is not me. The **I** in question is one that believes his/her opinion should effect a greater portion of the board members simply because they start a thread that initaites with **I** and ends with **their** opinion. So why is your claim of hypocrisy leveled at me? I only stand railing against the insane thought one person's disgust with opposing beliefs does not a sense make. You have a problem with that?

I did not say you made the THREAD did I?

i was pointing out a post you made about views? and how its your right to have them.. but is it not the right for others to have theirs?

So why is your claim of hypocrisy leveled at me?

because this is my view
correct? as you did argue be for ?

[edit on 29-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I never said to cut the Atheists, nor any believers. I'm questioning some replies to me. I thought this thread was about banning religion, yet a couple are offended at the word Atheist. Why?

My point was why worry about religion when the the majority may be atheists.

I base my conclusion on the amount of flags a thread gets. Threads that acknowledge God get few flags but those who oppose get many.

that is very telling, good point

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

you know some people think we need to ban racism.some atheists,
others think we need to ban cowboys. i bet if you look hard enough
you'll find someone who wants to ban golfballs. but if you feel so strongly
about religion. well what ever blows ur dress up.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

I did not say you made the post did I?

i was pointing out a post you made about views? and how its your right to have them.. but is it not the right for others to have theirs?

But the problem is...I have never said anyone doesn't have the right to have their beliefs. If their "views" are that others can't have their beliefs...yeah, I'm a hypocrite, because I stand firm that one person should not have the right to declare other people not have their beliefs.

The OP can have any belief they want (including thinking that other people shouldn't ever speak) but once they state those views in public (and especially in this forum) and those views are an attempt to oppress another group...it aint okay with me.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Why do you claim to have godlike wisdom, yet you pretend you dont know what Hell is? Wow!

Godlike wisdom is Blasphemous and misleading. I'll pray for you. Hallelujah!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I never said to cut the Atheists, nor any believers. I'm questioning some replies to me. I thought this thread was about banning religion, yet a couple are offended at the word Atheist. Why?

My point was why worry about religion when the the majority may be atheists.

My point was that many people view atheism as a religion. So who are you to decide it is not?

link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Agreed

that is what ATS is all about trying to bring them all to one place so we can have some banter fun and understand each other

link   

reply to post by Valhall

Why do you claim to have godlike wisdom, yet you pretend you dont know what Hell is? Wow!

Godlike wisdom is Blasphemous and misleading. I'll pray for you. Hallelujah!

Where did I claim to have this? You're an odd one.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I think wonderworld was referring to your background picture.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

so you agree?

That we all have a voice correct?

my problem was the label of atheism as a religion when my "view" is that you can not call it one if it has no faith in the very thing that makes religion?

seems e logical ? atheists do not care for biblical god but do have faith in just being them and happy? so why do you use a word to describe and label a bunch of people who do not even use the word to describe them self's?

this is my view from reading your own posts?

but i am open for more understanding from the angle you are coming from in order to contribute and reply

link   

Sorry, not one of the options. I don't buy it that you do not know what hell is. Yes or No am I going to hell?

link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by Valhall

I think wonderworld was referring to your background picture.

Oh, that ridiculous thing they put in the mini-profile. No, I don't claim to have "god like wisdom". Somebody decided that was some kind of neat label to put on some one who has something at some level on this board. I had no part in that decision, nor do I like the label.

And I won't be castigated because of it, bein's I'm powerless to remove it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes isnt it telling. I noticed it on many posts. Some threads I started about God got 200 replies and 5 flags. Some that bash God get 25-50 flags.

I once told someone if you want a lot of flags start a thread called "Atheists Rule!"

It's all interesting to me, as well.

link   
reply to post by Valhall

ah ok well that is their view !!

now that i read this statement you have just made i will agree YES they do but that is the right of them to do so

hence why ATS should let people have a voice as that what makes ATS ats ect ect

link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Valhall

so you agree?

That we all have a voice correct?

my problem was the label of atheism as a religion when my "view" is that you can not call it one if it has no faith in the very thing that makes religion?

Hang on.. religion is nothing but an organized belief. And as I've said, I've been here for six years and watched organized groups of atheists (at times militant) operate on this board. There is nothing about your "belief" or the way factions of your "believers" operate that opts you out of a religion. If you choose to declare yourself outside that religion, that's fine with me. But organized Atheism is, in fact, a religion.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by Valhall]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sorry, not one of the options. I don't buy it that you do not know what hell is. Yes or No am I going to hell?

From a Christian perspective, yes, if you haven't accepted Christ.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Double sorry, I can't even begin to answer a question I don't understand. First, I have no idea who is going to your "hell" and second, I don't know what your "hell" is so I couldn't even begin to speculate who would get in what line for whatever destination your invisioning.

So I'm out on that question.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I disagree completely here, some of the best discussions here are based on religion. I personally have learned a ton of good information from the back and forth in the threads.

Besides it's the mods job to keep topics on track and I think they do a wonderful job doing this.

It would be very boring here if everyone was on the same side of issues.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join