It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator

Originally posted by dooper
Well, my belief is that folks intolerant to religious opinions and beliefs are intolerant, ignorant, and likely have little moral anchor.

People can believe whatever they like, what I take objection to is watching threads stifled, manipulated and attempts by these people to shove their beliefs down our throats. Most "non-believers" will avoid this thread as society is still very much afraid to speak out and say anything negative about christianity. But oh well.. what do I have to lose..

Na, I'll say it. Religion is dumb and outdated, all of them. I believe a persons belief in whatever is between them and (insert) and should not be in any conversation ever but that's something we call freedom and I respect every individuals freedom to free speech, however on a side note, why is humanity still gripping on to these b.s. beliefs when we have leaders willing to send thousands of troops to war because they believe when they die they will go to heaven or that god will protect America? I find it rather idiotic when I think about it how we as a species have decided to stick with thousands of year old traditions praying to and worshiping mythical gods to protect us when we should be protecting ourselves, we are adults for crying out loud it's ridiculous.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
You should be no more or less offended by those who push their beliefs in aliens and UFOs, or those who subject us to the unfounded belief that 9/11 was an inside job. I could go on and touch on every area of topics that in one way or another require varying degrees of belief here at ATS.

Why single out religion?

What about reptilians?

Silly!

Religion and the religious who participate here are every bit as valuable as any other member who participates in the wide range of topics here. In fact those who offer their religious views on a variety of topics here add a facinating dimension to any discussion. I have often been amazed, and educated by religious posters here.

If it bugs you, then you have issues ATS can't fix.

In my opinion of course.

I think you are right. I had assumed a conspiracy site somewhat highly focused on the alien cover up had a goal in mind. That goal being the truth and uncovering that truth. One of the greatest things that can come from this is a new era of technological advancement and science. A new era for the future of humanity. In contrast the religious who want the opposite because science and technology are hostile to their cause (just look at the stem cell debate). People who are flaming me have also not walked in my shoes. I grew up in the deep south where for years was forced against my will to be indoctrinated into the church, however my mind was strong enough to resist and see me through it. Visiting my town before the elections I told someone I was voting Obama and they threatened to kill me. They said I was a communist, would burn in hell and would meet their Colt if I didn't leave. I am currently in a battle with a local school trying to have morning bible studies to indoctrinate the children. The current law stating that the state school can not teach religion, but the school was granted the ability to deem itself 'closed' for 1 hour a week so they could hold bible study, then 're open' the school. Needless to say the headmaster is a rabid evangelical as well as the board, so we are powerless to fight it. Then I show up here with high hopes only to find the same old story, the same attitudes of the holier than thou in my face. Oh well.. And before someone blasts me for doing the same thing, I always keep to myself and if I respond it's to stop people from trying to shove their crap down someone else's throat.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I meant threads not sites, my mistake.

Yes I guess I see your point. When I first joined I noticed a lot of God bashing threads. I got on to defend God but didnt start any fight or name calling.

I guess we both have strong views on the issue.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yes, we need to ban anything controversial and those topics which inspire passion.....and NO dancing!

btw, I don't like the way this emoticon (
) is looking at me.

okay just kidding...

How about we all just take part in conversations we enjoy and ignore the ones we don't?

Problem solved...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

In contrast the religious who want the opposite because science and technology are hostile to their cause (just look at the stem cell debate). People who are flaming me have also not walked in my shoes

but that why its interesting

debates and evolutivity is made by confronting contrasts and differents points of view..

Also i agree with the point , its alway irritating to read someone forcing beliefs into you but anyways, without shocks, no interoperability and no interactivity, so without thoses factors, the conversation could run dry and pointless

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 3 pages and no stars. Sucks to be you dude. This site is called ABOVE TOP SECRET meaning it covers SECRETS.

Religion, my friend, is one of the biggest if not THE BIGGEST SECRET.

If you don't agree with the OP star my post, hahahahaha

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes agreed! That would be too easy. I'm with you on that one.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Once again, I said the best option was to keep it in it's own forum. Why is that an issue? It's an issue because those doing the 'lord's work' will be cut off at the knees and unable to spread the word site wide. Anyway, it's a non issue.. I'm probably heading out to the relief of the believers. See, they have won another small battle, they've done the lord's work by chasing off another non-believer.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by contemplator]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 3 pages and no stars. Sucks to be you dude.

From what I can see this forum doesn't allow stars like the others..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think ATS should do a survey on how many people believe in God, how many are agnostic and how many are Atheist.

My guess whould be 87.5% Atheist.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I think ATS should do a survey on how many people believe in God, how many are agnostic and how many are Atheist.

Never underestimate how a small vocal minority can ruin it for everyone else..

link   

So now you have decided to back your banning desire with numbers? You know what, I'm thinking the fix is just to ban you and then the rest of us can get on with our discussions.

link   
reply to post by contemplator

I think the only time we dont have stars is in BTS are we there instead of ATS?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Dear Wonderworld, is that so bad, can it be cured ?

more seriously, Wonder, atheists and relgious can stand in the same boat .

even if atheists are a majority here or not, it dont really matter no ?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I think the only time we dont have stars is in BTS are we there instead of ATS?

I can not star a post in any of the posts here, there is no hollow star to click.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
well wikipedia is on the way www.theregister.co.uk... to start banning by religion. kinda like those guys way back when in germany, you go after the small population first.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
BTW...there are several of us (maybe that's another survey we should take) that believe atheism is a religion. So, based on the numbers presented here, we're talking about culling over 85% of the membership.

That'll leave the agnostics, who truly aren't a religion....but it most likely will lead to a pretty quiet forum....especially since they really don't have much of a knack for making up their minds.

'Prolly be a lot of question marks and talking to themselves.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by Valhall]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Funny...I see more threads that blatantly call religion stupid and then those who do complain and whine because of the comments from the people who feel that faith is important.

I avoid "Religious Conspiracies" because of that very thing. There's too many other important topics to discuss than whether someone hates religion and trolls for stars.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
well wikipedia is on the way www.theregister.co.uk... to start banning by religion. kinda like those guys way back when in germany, you go after the small population first.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Mack]

Massive victory for the christian church, they will be celebrating for sure. They've done a phenomenal job of keeping scientology at bay with a brilliant disinformation campaign, etc

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

A person should be able to offer any opinion in a thread , based on the threads topic , religious or not . However if the person is using the opportunity to ramble off topic , religious or not , then you can hit the little alert button to inform a Mod. of an off topic post and it will be removed .

If however , its just a matter of you being personally offended at the shear mention of a religious comment , then to bad for you .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join