It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have seen some holy wars on ATS but always initiated by the atheists. I cant figure why they jump on a religious based thread to argue or insult.

I always wonder what draws them to these sites. They could simply ignor them.

I have a couple sujects I never visit. I'm not interested.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I have seen some holy wars on ATS but always initiated by the atheists. I cant figure why they jump on a religious based thread to argue or insult.

I always wonder what draws them to these sites. They could simply ignor them.

I think you're being a little dishonest there..

Both sides are as much to blame as the other.

And "these sites?"

Is ATS a religious site now?

That's news to me....

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Wonder, that would be just too easy.

They like to visit these threads on religion so that they can work themselves up to a good "offended" state of mind.

To suggest that they avoid threads they don't like - come on - get outta here! You're joking.

Right?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Well, my belief is that folks intolerant to religious opinions and beliefs are intolerant, ignorant, and likely have little moral anchor.

People can believe whatever they like, what I take objection to is watching threads stifled, manipulated and attempts by these people to shove their beliefs down our throats. Most "non-believers" will avoid this thread as society is still very much afraid to speak out and say anything negative about christianity. But oh well.. what do I have to lose..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well i do not think it is about opinions differing it is more of an issue of people being plain rude. An atheist could say "i do not believe in god" but no it always come out like :I think you would have to be retarded to believe in pink unicorn sky faries, all religions are BS and cults....just like a christian can bite his tounge and not call people heathens charlatans.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I can only agree with contemplator,lost of the time some ATS members are just just bat**** insane and call atheists by so many names and send us directly to hell exemple here

really, in my case saying only 1% of what posted the taco bell dog in my exemple would make insta crucified

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I cant figure why they jump on a religious based thread to argue or insult.

In my opinion , Wonderworld, simply because every threads can be a place for debates and sharing point of views in my sense its not a bad thing (except if religious /atheists start to insults each others)

Of course, i think its totaly legit to debate about religion, if not, what the point to create a thread about it if it cant be discussed ?

see my point ?

[edit on 29-5-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well, I can honestly say I'm glad you have no say on what ATS will or will not have on it's forum.

Look, I'm a religious person. i don't preach, follow science as close as I can, and over all just believe in God without any extra strings or filigree.

When I visit the various science forums on this site, there are a number of threads that deal with the creation of Earth from a Creationist or religious perspective.

Usually, they are wrong and it's mostly driven by an often acknowledged lack of knowledge of the source content. However, different interpretations of evidence bring up more understanding, in my opinion.
Creationist driven threads have drove me to better understand geology, paleontology, and archeology.

And, generally speaking, I've seen about as much sniping from the overtly religious on this site as the overtly atheist.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

You complain about the religous folks calling atheists names and then direct us to a thread where you call religous people names. With a bunch of people following your lead.

Hypocritical much?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You complain about the religous folks calling atheists names and then direct us to a thread where you call religous people names. With a bunch of people following your lead.

Hypocritical much?

Why is that a problem? It's obviously god's will.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You complain about the religous folks calling atheists names and then direct us to a thread where you call religous people names. With a bunch of people following your lead. Hypocritical much?

absolutely not, just read it again maybe ?

Its total honest point, i show this thread as a perfect exemple to show how boths sides are failable, including myself ,to be clealy honest

Atheists/religious in the same boat in matter of pointless conflicts

hope i made it clear for you

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That's funny. I think politics are souring this site, maybe they should be banned.

I guess the freedom of speech thingy is all in the eyes of the beholder at times, huh?

How bout we don't ban either of them and you just stop reading threads on religion, and I'll stop reading threads on politics. Seems easier for two people to change their habits than to take away hundreds of members' ability to speak about what they wish.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by Valhall]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator

Hypocritical much?

I don't have a problem either way with it. I understand both sides of the fence on this subject.

I do have a problem with someone complaining about someone doing something to them and then turn around and do the same thing.

Hypocrites are worse then Atheists or the Religous.

Keep up with the smart ass comments though. I enjoy them.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That's funny. I think conspiracies are souring this site and they should be banned.

Burn the witch, burn the withch

sorry , cant resist to that one

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah, we should ban all people who disagree with us also, and anyone who brings up a subject we don't agree with... Sweet then we can all sit around and pat each other on the back because 100% of the people we allow into our site agree with us, so therefore we must all be right.

Forums are supposed to be about people carrying on conversations about subjects, for the better understanding of those subjects by all involved. Unfortunately there have always been this type of person who feels their opinion is all that matters and refuse to give equal thought to other peoples opinions or beliefs.

A narrow mind never helped anyone. I feel both sides of an issue need to be explored otherwise why bother with a forum, just have people post on your facebook page if all you want to read is drivel from people who agree with everything you say.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator

Hypocritical much?

I don't have a problem either way with it. I understand both sides of the fence on this subject.

I do have a problem with someone complaining about someone doing something to them and then turn around and do the same thing.

Hypocrites are worse then Atheists or the Religous.

Keep up with the smart ass comments though. I enjoy them.

I've called for a ban on atheists crap in the general forums as well. I would not expect religious banter to be ousted from the general forums and then have a free for all for atheists. It has to go both ways.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You should be no more or less offended by those who push their beliefs in aliens and UFOs, or those who subject us to the unfounded belief that 9/11 was an inside job. I could go on and touch on every area of topics that in one way or another require varying degrees of belief here at ATS.

Why single out religion?

What about reptilians?

Silly!

Religion and the religious who participate here are every bit as valuable as any other member who participates in the wide range of topics here. In fact those who offer their religious views on a variety of topics here add a facinating dimension to any discussion. I have often been amazed, and educated by religious posters here.

If it bugs you, then you have issues ATS can't fix.

In my opinion of course.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

just have people post on your facebook page if all you want to read is drivel from people who agree with everything you say.

You deserve a glorious cookie for that one, so true, what the point of posting on a forum if "religious/atheists/Aliens/disinfo agents/insert what you want here" cant share , fight/debate/befriend/fight with an axe/cheers or whatever they want ?

Techincaly yeah the best should be to do website to your own glory, or stop moving on the intarweb (its a serie of tubes, remember it ?)

*sigh*

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I've called for a ban on atheists crap in the general forums as well. I would not expect religious banter to be ousted from the general forums and then have a free for all for atheists. It has to go both ways

can we have a medal or something for every atheist/religious denonciated/banned ?

i think we could start to execute thems maybe ?

well im more into an intelligent debate if its possible for atheists and religious to communicate without killing each others verbaly (im including myself)
boths can communicate without having each others calling names
so if exposing opinions make you banned, well better to find a better place.

Im takin the side of religious and atheists im for the abilty of boths sides to being able to talk, even if they fights (or not , preferably)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if all the things we didn't like or agree with could be erased from our reality.

There have to be more ideas you are not in agreement with than just religion.

A civilized and intelligent person should be able to converse with people with many different types of views. You do not have to agree with someone to conduct a civil discussion even if it is something you don't believe in.

You should be able to discuss subjects with atheist, Muslims, christians or agnostics.

I have friends that are atheist and friends who are of varied religious beliefs. We respect each other and have good conversations.

If you want to ban religion then why not ban gays, lesbians, people who like a certain type of music and the list goes on.

You may as well put me on ignore as I am a christian and I pray for all people. Hopefully God will give you tolerance of your fellow man. Maybe He will even throw in a little bit of understanding while He's at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join