It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Folk like this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It may be seen that I have more-than-average sensitive
nature, after all I am a Boy In a Dress, but as anyone
else noticed the decline in civility, decorum and... well just
standard manners?

I see young folk spitting to supposedly emphasise their
machoism, they walk really close when passing if you don't
look their way.
They are noisy, they make a loud noise, so that you will look
that way... why?
Several people have told me that they do it for attention, but
the attention they seek would be negative, one would merely
think they are ignorant louts, and I'm sure they wouldn't seek
that label.

It seems to me, and forgive me for being melodramatic, but
it seems that the Morelocks are in the majority and the gentle
people are fading out... am I correct?

I hope it's just a faze....

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
To be honest with you, the people who are trying to gt you to notice you, however offensively, are at a base level trying to get attention. They have a limited way of doing so.

It's harder for gentle folks to meet people. The world is getting to be a loud, obnoxious place, and people who are quite and peaceful tend to get put out of place.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I could give you so many examples - it would make me cross just to remember them

This one's quite amusing, though. I was walking my dog along a fairly crowded street when a woman behind me called out to complain that my dog had been looking round and staring at her children, thus frightening them.

She had one in a buggy and a slighter older child walking alongside. It's not my aim in life to use my dog to intimidate little kids so I politely stood aside and suggested she walk in front of me, so solving the problem.

I was treated to a filthy look and a really nasty attitude. I found that a lot in Town. People can't bear you being polite to them. I think it robs them of the opportunity to get in an argument with you and they resent you for it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The truth of the matter is we are getting older and noticing the rude behavior we once did. It has always been that way, and it a long time for my father to start telling the tales of what he did in his rather wild youth (think "The Wild Ones). When we are young, we make fun of the adults with our friends and do other rude behaviors. After we get older and start paying bills and have other adult responsibilities, we start noticing those little sponges who do nothing to earn their keep. We also start noticing how mean and nasty some of the more alpha males can be.

The main answer is we are growing older and wiser.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do believe the kinder and gentle folk are in the minority. And I can see a few reasons why this has happened.

When I was a child there were no crack-whore mothers who sold their bodies for a buzz.

I could ride my bicycle from one end of the city to the other without possibility of my young self being raped, kidnapped, or hurt. It might take me a couple of hours to do it but I was safe.

We had something called pride in our country, neighborhoods and ourselves.

We were taught manners and to respect others.

I do a weekly visit at the local jail to visit and talk with the female prisoners. Nearly every prisoner is a young mother in jail because of drugs. Their children are in foster care because the dad, if he is around, takes no interest in his children.

You reap what you sow. We are seeing the results of a lost generation of young people who were not taught the simplest of manners or had any since of integrity instilled in them.

That is why I go visit those young women once a week in the jail. I am giving them love and attention and teaching them the value of a soft gentle spirit.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Wow! well done Dizziedame, that's certainly a chore I
ashamedly couldn't do. You're an example to us all.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That behavior runs rampant throughout the species of this planet, lol.

It's just funnier when people do it...

Human behavior is odd. I've never understood the majority of it either.
Maybe it's just mating season.

[edit on 5/31/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's funny when every generation thinks that either theirs is better than the last, but you always hear about how rude and obnoxious people are and how loud they are. This world has always had those people and always will. There are decent people out there, and there have always been, but they have also been in the minority. What you describe has been going on heavier in the past 30 or so years, because there is a extreme lack of dicipline happening. 40-50 years ago, if you acted this way, you'd get a beaten from your dad. Now even yelling at your kid is considered abuse. So even though this has always existed, at least there was attempts to control it at one time.

top topics

join