It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US National Reconnaissance Office admits presense at Menwith Hill, UK and Pine Gap, Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am far from an expert in this domain but I found it rather interesting that the NRO would be secretly operating on foreign soil.

This file, from the US National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), was recently obtained under the FOIA. It contains admissions about NRO presence at "RAF" Menwith Hill (UK) and Pine Gap (Australia) as well as three ground station locations within the United States.

Files available for pdf download at Wikile aks

This is especially interesting considering the speculation on what goes on at Pine Gap.

Wouldn't the NRO also be in charge of tracking potential UFO sightings?

Do we have "something" here or is this a "meh" revelation?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Starred and flagged

If one knows how the NRO came to be, you'd know this is a great find!!!

indigo delta all the way

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have a good friend who worked for the NRO for 15 years, and was also a lead project manager in the development of the B-2 Stealth Bomber. The things I have been told are mind blowing. He would go to Australia very often, as well as the UK and also to the South Pacific.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's a little NRO "fun" fact:

In what the government describes as a bizarre coincidence, NRO was planning an exercise [on] Sept. 11 [2001] in which an errant aircraft would crash into one of its buildings. But the cause wasn't terrorism – it was to be a simulated accident.
Officials at the Chantilly, Va.-based National Reconnaissance Office had scheduled an exercise that morning in which a small corporate jet would crash into one of the four towers at the agency's headquarters building after experiencing a mechanical failure.
The agency is about four miles from the runways of Washington Dulles International Airport. ... Adding to the coincidence, American Airlines Flight 77 – the Boeing 757 that was hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon – took off from Dulles at 8:10 a.m. on Sept. 11, 50 minutes before the exercise was to begin. It struck the Pentagon around 9:40 a.m., killing 64 aboard the plane and 125 on the ground. wiki

In any case, does anyone know what the NRO would be doing at Pine Gap and and Menwith Hill?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They'll most likely be liaison officers.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Do we have "something" here or is this a "meh" revelation?

oh it is a "something"

if you would like, I can send some more "somethings" your way

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

How about using those facilities as data download & communication sites? Satellites in orbit still require LOS communications, and you need spots all over the globe if you want continuous coverage.

top topics

join