It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper says mistakenly ran ad urging Obama killing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just out of High School I worked for a number of years at a local newspaper, as both a staff writer and a general office 'go-fer'. Every few weeks, when there was nobody else around, I would be granted the assignment of handling the typing and the eventual formatting of the classified pages.

I can guarantee you that there is simply no way that something like that could have slipped through the cracks. From my personal experience, a single classified AD is not only proof read a number of times, but also manually typed onto the formatted page.

It seems rather inconceivable to me that nobody could have caught this before it went to print. That's assuming, of course, that they used a system similar to the one we used at the time.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

"May Obama follow in the footsteps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy"

I really doubt the person who wrote the ad could be charged with anything. He or she who wrote it could say they hope Obama speaks up against corruption and greed. Even if they probably did mean to imply assassination, their wording is too general to make a case against them.

Not saying I agree with what was written, but there is no clear statement of their wish for Obama to be assassinated.

[edit on 30/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join