It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be an ATS “Wave”?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Will there be an ATS “Wave”?

After doing my morning reading I came across this nifty link to a Video about Google wave

Google Wave is a new tool for communication and collaboration on the web, coming later this year

Google Wave Page

Mind you its long but wow, according to some reading this will be easily put on to boards and websites as well like blogs, and it will be open source.

I thought it would be interesting to see ATS add more to their social networking as in media portal.

Also on the same note

While watching the Wave and other Labs videos I was looking at O3D , yes another Google API
but also interesting if added to the site.

What is O3D ?

O3D is an open-source web API for creating rich, interactive 3D applications in the browser. This API is shared at an early stage as part of a conversation with the broader developer community about establishing an open web standard for 3D graphics.

O3D
Why would it be good? Well I would imagine there are some gifted people on here that would easily use this to show models of things they have seen, not pictures of them but we can rotate them as well.
How about making a “map” of a place like the Roswell Crash site, things like that.

Example:

All of this is practically real time.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by EvilBat] fix video links

[edit on 5/29/2009 by EvilBat]

[edit on 5/29/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Looks interesting although it needs to be put through its paces

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

That is true but I do believe its still closed beta.

But my main reason for asking was if the three amigos might
make it apart of ATS.

Maybe add an addition to the Ideas in my first post ...

an ATS arcade?
Ones that are seen on all different sites now?
Use points to buy more games.
I'm sure there are many people that wouldn't mind playing a few
"time-waster-games" while waiting for replies.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is amazing!

What this wave can do is going to change the world.

It is imperative for ATS to switch to a wave format website. If you watch the video ( it looks very boring) the implications are clear; Threads as we know them will become extinct. The ATS community serves a very important role in the exchange of informed opinions which become discussions of topics relevant to the members. The Members collaborate and Wave looks like an very powerful tool to corroborate in the creation of documents and research.

I'm confident the members hosts are either aware of this Wave or will very soon be crushed by it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LoKito

Accept nothing on face value...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Accept nothing on face value... really didn't add to if this was a good/bad thing.

Have you watched the video? Read about "wave" or O3d?

Why are you against or for it?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow, the Google behemoth grows bigger and bigger.

'The cloud' will facilitate instant communication with access to info by anybody, anywhere, but that means centralised data acquisition. Is that good or bad? I wonder how much legislation will change to allow g'ments to control or access this data mining.

I'm a big fan of web 3.0+, where we'll start to see the amalgamation of hardware and software. These latest Google products are fantastic for tech evolution.

Google's Android platform uses Java which is a powerful OO language where i envisage house robots undertaking mundane tasks whilst you're at work, for example. Everything from roaming for burglary detection to washing your dishes, all controlled via a cloud app you control from anywhere in the World.

Twitter is about to broaden it's appeal by creating a Twitter movie! Users will create content, much like the the space opera thread, and it will involve Joe Public and celebrities alike.

Google wave would be a great asset for ATS, as a farmer in Brazil could instantly make available a UFO sighting for all others to see, without going through the rigmarole of uploading, then posting. We could view the World through other peoples eyes just with the simple act of clicking an avatar.

When we get to web100+, we'll have sockets in the back of our heads, where we hook up to the matrix and share of mutual holographic reality.

If we could capture neurological impulses in a server, then we can live forever by uploading our 'entity' and once our archaic body dies, we just download our profile back into a cyborg and the spirit of your entity will carry on from whence it left.

This is more a rant than a response

Please click my uTube signature link to see how human-machine interface is the future with a great little song.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
reply to post by tristar

Accept nothing on face value... really didn't add to if this was a good/bad thing.

Have you watched the video? Read about "wave" or O3d?

Why are you against or for it?

Myself being against or for it, my post answers all your questions.

You should perhaps research history. I cannot and will not expand on this topic, its totally upon the user to rationalize.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

was a simple question
there is no need to be cryptic, or start telling me to research history.

I was showing a few ideas that might help out or make this site a little more fun ( besides BTS )

I'm not playing " The Powers That Be or Maybe" will be watching every move from what I was asking.

There is no need to because basically its a tech question. not a history lesson.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to ask or say anything at all

you right though

"I cannot and will not expand on this topic, its totally upon the user to rationalize."

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Hi EB.

Don't let the negative nelly's get you down

If my past experience of ATS is anything to go by, if its a useful technology or development that can add something to the site then SO will no doubt be looking at it, with a view to doing something with it.

But thats just my opinion, and until the man himself comments, don't take it at any more face value than that.

top topics

join