It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Guns for Negroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Brought to you by the JPFO at JPFO.org
Documentary in two parts partially on the racist origins of gun control laws along with some other items.

Have some discussion on these, pass them along, etc. You know what to do ATS.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've known about Eckwall's piece for a long time now, The Racist Origins of Gun Control, but didnt know about this video. Nice. Maybe the folks who have a hard time sitting and reading can learn something by watching.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Blacks are even telling one another not to have guns. I was going to make a thread about it but I didn't for some reason or another.

I was watching a certain TV show that is produced by Tyler Perry. In the show, a grown-ass man is hiding a gun in the closet. The gun is discovered by their grandson who fires it by mistake. Instead of teaching the boy to use the gun correctly, they make a big stink about it, and the man's wife scolds him. The man basically buys gifts to beg her forgiveness, and promises never to have a gun in the house again. The man then tells the woman that he's going to take the gifts back for a refund. It seems as though the show makes a mockery of issues within the Black community, in the sort of "self-hating" style of humor that was first popularized by Richard Pryor. And BTW, Tyler Perry also created the "Madea" character.

Certainly a few ATS members who know about hip-hop remember that the "stop the violence" movement had an anti-gun-ownership component built into it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Within my region of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, I have seen quite a few billboards that seem to target minorities especially Black American families. They use the issue of crimes involving firearms. The reason I am alarmed by these billboards in particular is because I only saw them pop up everywhere only after the new presidential administration took office.
Brought to us by the Ad Council and their "Reducing Gun Violence" campaign.
www.adcouncil.org...

The billboard seen here at this link:
www.adcouncil.org...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

I love the misleading name for this organization. Read their mission statement. It has nothing on regulating ads or investigating good or bad ads, they are a political tool funded by the elites and you and I pay for the these so called "Public Service Announcments' through taxes! Invariably they are misleading ads and always have a sligtly anti-Constitutional slant!

Zindo

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I love this quote at the very beginning. "By definition a slave is one who has been disarmed." It applies to each and every one of us, not just blacks and is the reason why this is not a black issue (although it may have started as a black issue).

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Blacks are even telling one another not to have guns. I was going to make a thread about it but I didn't for some reason or another.

I was watching a certain TV show that is produced by Tyler Perry. In the show, a grown-ass man is hiding a gun in the closet. The gun is discovered by their grandson who fires it by mistake. Instead of teaching the boy to use the gun correctly, they make a big stink about it, and the man's wife scolds him. The man basically buys gifts to beg her forgiveness, and promises never to have a gun in the house again. The man then tells the woman that he's going to take the gifts back for a refund. It seems as though the show makes a mockery of issues within the Black community, in the sort of "self-hating" style of humor that was first popularized by Richard Pryor. And BTW, Tyler Perry also created the "Madea" character.

Certainly a few ATS members who know about hip-hop remember that the "stop the violence" movement had an anti-gun-ownership component built into it.

Blacks aren't the only ones telling others not to have guns. Obviously, you see it everywhere. Every time there's an article about a child shooting another child while playing with a gun, it's the same thing. Don't have a gun. Don't teach your children that guns are OK and certainly don't teach them how to use one.

[edit on 29/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
During the olden (yes I am using the word olden) days my father (age 66) told me at one time that one of the high schools in the city near where we live actually had a small rifle range and taught classes at the school on things like firearm safety, proper use, technique, etc. and this was a school that was close to the downtown district. Certainly interesting how things have changed since then.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I do have to agree with you on this one. The Ad Council does indeed seem to be a corporate arm for what would be considered NWO type items and agendas.
It's primarily corporate funded it would appear along with nonprofit groups that don't have to pay taxes handing them money for whatever.
And interestingly enough they have introduced a new Chairman of the Ad Council, Brian D. Perkins a current executive from Johnson & Johnson. So yes, this is indeed an elite group pushing their agendas:

The Ad Council also elected seventeen new members to its Board of Directors. The new directors are:

• Frances Allen, Brand Marketing Officer, Dunkin’ Brands
• Tim Armstrong, Chairman & CEO, AOL
• Mark Baynes, Global CMO, Kellogg Company
• Kathy Behrens, EVP, Social Responsibility & Player Programs, NBA
• Laura Desmond, CEO, Starcom MediaVest Group
• Amy Fuller, EVP, Worldwide Consumer Marketing, MasterCard Worldwide
• Jack Haber, VP, Global Advertising, Colgate-Palmolive Company
• Maureen Linder, VP Global Advertising and Design, The Campbell Soup Company
• Michael Mendenhall, SVP & CMO, Hewlett–Packard Company
• Nigel Morris, CEO, Aegis Media North America
• Steve Mosko, President, Sony Pictures Television
• Bill Pearce, SVP & CMO, Del Monte Foods
• Jon Potter, CMO, Diageo North America
• Sylvia Reynolds, CMO, Wells Fargo
• Kimberly Till, President & CEO, Harris Interactive
• Richard Wergan, VP, Worldwide Brand Marketing and Advertising, Xerox Corporation
• Dennis Woodside, VP, Americas Operations, Google, Inc.

www.adcouncil.org...

Edit to add:

Link to a list of their current board of directors, some interesting names here and there:
www.adcouncil.org...

And it seems even after being done with serving their term of 3 years on the council, they also keep some members on as Honorary Directors:
www.adcouncil.org...

And last but not least their former Chairmen listed:
www.adcouncil.org...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

new topics

top topics

join