It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Blacks are even telling one another not to have guns. I was going to make a thread about it but I didn't for some reason or another.
I was watching a certain TV show that is produced by Tyler Perry. In the show, a grown-ass man is hiding a gun in the closet. The gun is discovered by their grandson who fires it by mistake. Instead of teaching the boy to use the gun correctly, they make a big stink about it, and the man's wife scolds him. The man basically buys gifts to beg her forgiveness, and promises never to have a gun in the house again. The man then tells the woman that he's going to take the gifts back for a refund. It seems as though the show makes a mockery of issues within the Black community, in the sort of "self-hating" style of humor that was first popularized by Richard Pryor. And BTW, Tyler Perry also created the "Madea" character.
Certainly a few ATS members who know about hip-hop remember that the "stop the violence" movement had an anti-gun-ownership component built into it.
The Ad Council also elected seventeen new members to its Board of Directors. The new directors are:
• Frances Allen, Brand Marketing Officer, Dunkin’ Brands
• Tim Armstrong, Chairman & CEO, AOL
• Mark Baynes, Global CMO, Kellogg Company
• Kathy Behrens, EVP, Social Responsibility & Player Programs, NBA
• Laura Desmond, CEO, Starcom MediaVest Group
• Amy Fuller, EVP, Worldwide Consumer Marketing, MasterCard Worldwide
• Jack Haber, VP, Global Advertising, Colgate-Palmolive Company
• Maureen Linder, VP Global Advertising and Design, The Campbell Soup Company
• Michael Mendenhall, SVP & CMO, Hewlett–Packard Company
• Nigel Morris, CEO, Aegis Media North America
• Steve Mosko, President, Sony Pictures Television
• Bill Pearce, SVP & CMO, Del Monte Foods
• Jon Potter, CMO, Diageo North America
• Sylvia Reynolds, CMO, Wells Fargo
• Kimberly Till, President & CEO, Harris Interactive
• Richard Wergan, VP, Worldwide Brand Marketing and Advertising, Xerox Corporation
• Dennis Woodside, VP, Americas Operations, Google, Inc.