It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With the recent events in Iran. The bombing and election.

It seems that there is an automatic knee jerk reaction to blame the US and Israel. The follwing is partially from a reply I posted in another thread I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I'm not saying it's not a possibility that the CIA was involved all I'm saying is that there always seems to be a quick knee jerk reaction to automatically point fingers. Consider this with the elections going on right now you have several major issues in Iran. There is an internal struggle for power and in which direction Iran is headed.

Power and greed corrupt people. It always corrupts people always has and always will. Have you ever considered the possibility that not everything is perfect in their little paradise? Open any history book and blindly jab your finger in to choose a page and start reading and see for yourself if you don't sooner or later find some sort of corruption. It's human nature.

Consider these two articles. Some in Iran may feel their power is threatened and we all know to what lengths some have gone to in order to retain power in the past.

Iran's spiritual leader discourages electing a pro-Western president

Reporting from Beirut -- Iran's most powerful political and spiritual leader warned voters Monday against supporting pro-Western candidates in next month's presidential election, comments widely seen as supporting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's approach to foreign policy over those of his challengers.

"Those who submit to the enemies and bring shame on the nation should not come to power by the people's vote," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said during a speech in the western town of Bijar.

Iranian Reformist Candidate Backs Nuclear Talks with World Powers

An Iranian presidential candidate said he is willing to continue talks with international powers over Iran's nuclear program - a sharp contrast to the position of incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Moderate former Prime Minister Mir Hossein Mousavi said Friday that if elected he will agree to talks with a group of six world powers that have sought discussions on Iran's nuclear efforts. The group is made up of the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council - the United States, Britain, China, France and Russia - plus Germany.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey Slayer I think you may find this very interesting and it fits perfectly with the thread.

Bruce Bueno de Mesquita uses mathematical analysis to predict (very often correctly) such messy human events as war, political power shifts, Intifada ... After a crisp explanation of how he does it, he offers three predictions on the future of Iran.

TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Watch the Top 10 TEDTalks on TED.com, at

The Future of Iran, using Math and Scientific theories:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It may not have been anything to do with Israel or America.And i wouldn't say it was knee jerk,its a very real possibility given the UK,America and Israel are funding terrorists groups inside Iran,of course there is just as much possibility it was small drug gangs,false flag or a small seperatist movement who isn't receiving funding from Uk,America or Israel.I would like to see the evidence Iran has that it had anything to do with them though.Either they are trying to turn anything they can against these countries or they have some evidence that links them to it or like you say was Iran itself.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

That's exactly what I'm trying to say.
Anything is possible. I know it's popular these days to blame the good old USofA for just about anything that is wrong in the world.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Very interesting video.
Thanks for the contribution. Now all we have to do is wait and see how accurate it is over the next 2 or 3 years.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not a problem, as soon as I saw this thread I heard of that video and had to post it. In due time we will see if Mr. bruce is correct or wrong.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Could you give me a little info on the basic jist of the vid please(predictions for Iran)? i cant watch it right now due to very low internet speed...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

There is a very heavy powerplay right now within Iran and I wouldn't put anything past people trying to hold onto power. If that means falls flag operations then so be it.

Some according to the video may simply fall out of favor but that doesn't stop some from trying their darnedest to maintain the status qua

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Basically he disected Irans power and who is in control of it. He used scientific and mathematic therums that are not very complicted, but easier to undertand when he explains it. He also hinted toward civil unrest or a civil war of power players a few times in the video. I suppose that could be the biggest thing. There are others, but you really need to watch the video to understand what he is trying to say.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think everybody should watch the video.Great find I'm going to link to it other threads.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Awesome, we need to get this around. There is definately a lot of truth to what he is saying.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm going to U2U a few people.
Maybe we can get this discussion going in high gear.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think Iran is trying to put the bombings behind them and the election seems to be heating up.

Iran Hangs 3 Men Held in Bombing of Mosque

TEHRAN — Iran hanged three men on Saturday morning who were accused of being involved in a mosque bombing that killed 25 people and wounded more than 100, the official IRNA news agency reported.

Two others were arrested and are being questioned in connection with the bombing, which took place Thursday in the southeastern city of Zahedan, the news agency said.

Iran president's rivals slam his foreign policy

Reporting from Tehran -- In a political race most analysts predicted would hinge on domestic bread-and-butter issues, foreign policy has emerged as a major battleground -- and a potential Achilles' heel for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

With campaigns in full swing ahead of the June 12 presidential election, none of the three challengers have shied away from publicly criticizing Ahmadinejad on topics long considered off-limits for debate in Iran, such as his stance on the country's nuclear program and his vitriol about Israel.

top topics

join