It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats against judges mushrooming, marshals say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Threats against judges mushrooming, marshals say

www.cnn.com

According to the U.S. Marshals Service, the number of threats against federal judges and prosecutors has mushroomed from 500 in 2003 to 1,278 in 2008. It is on track to go even higher this year. There are no statistics on the number of threats against state and local judges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Mudman21]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is no surprise really. It seems like every time I read the paper or watch the news, I hear where there are court cases where people are being sentenced to very long times in prison or paying ridiculous fines when these cases shouldn't even be heard (hot coffee spilt on lap, errrrr!).

Judges are bought and paid for just like politicians. Our judges need to start using more common sense when hearing a case. If they would stop siding with the people that are lining their pockets and start administering the justice they where sworn to uphold, maybe people would quit threatening them!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Darn, I thought this thread would be about mushrooms.

Judges receiving threats? Who'd've thunk?!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Some of the decisions that our judges are making these days, I would rather them be on mushrooms than to think they are really that ignorant and blind to common sense!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21

This is no surprise really. It seems like every time I read the paper or watch the news, I hear where there are court cases where people are being sentenced to very long times in prison or paying ridiculous fines when these cases shouldn't even be heard (hot coffee spilt on lap, errrrr!).

Judges are bought and paid for just like politicians. Our judges need to start using more common sense when hearing a case. If they would stop siding with the people that are lining their pockets and start administering the justice they where sworn to uphold, maybe people would quit threatening them!

I couldn't agree more with you. Judges need to actually start judging, punishments and fines for minor crimes (in more than a few western countries some of these wouldn't even be considered crimes) are getting ridiculous. There is no land of the free here anymore, I had far more freedom living in China and Australia than I've ever had here.

new topics

top topics

join