It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The white man is being oppressed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Is this it?

This is the "new" GOP?

Unfortunately, yes.

They should change their name into GAP.

Grand Amateur Party.

Bunch of uncoordinated amateur-like freelancers shouting crap in the name of Conservatism

Funny thing is that me as Liberal (also known as Kool Aid drinker
among ATS "true" conservative "thinkers") would actually vote in a heartbeat for worthy Republican v.s. Democrat who obviously sucks.

On the other hand, they would vote for any Republican candidate no matter what his policies are (if there is any) as long as he is a Cristian man (white), against abortion, big fan of war, for less taxes and does not oppose big daddy Rush Limbaugh

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

From the same source:

Republicans who actually have to win elections don't seem interested in engaging in the backlash politics. "The approach that many of the senators and leadership is taking is, well, you know, let's give her a fair hearing and see what she has to say," said GOP pollster Glen Bolger. "It's really hard to stop this kind of nomination [with only 40 Senate seats], and then there's the political Hispanic angle." A Republican consultant who advises GOP candidates on winning Latino votes, Lionel Sosa, said he expected most senators to ask plenty of questions about Sotomayor, then support her. "For Republicans to mount a filibuster is foolhardy," he said. "If a Republican doesn't care about getting reelected, and a Republican doesn't care about the image of the Republican Party, they may vote against her, but I think in the end, we'll see who the smart ones are and who the not so smart ones are by how they cast their votes."

And this is why I no longer have a political party that represents me in Washington. At least stand up and do what you think is right instead of just bowing down and accepting that you can't do anything about.

The only reason Rush, Hannity, Coulter, ect are being quoted so much is because there are no elected Republicans willing to stand up for their beliefs. This is why the moderates will destroy the GOP........(sorry if I went on an off topic rant) extra DIV

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You started this thread so that you can run down the GOP, thats it.

On the contrary, I started this thread to point out how a few "republican" talking heads are dragging down a party that I once supported.

I guess you are part of the hard headed few who still choose to be blind about President Obama.

If that helps you.

"Just when you thought the Republican party could not sink any lower ..."

That is putting down more then just a few talking heads.

My post above stands.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

What an odd way of reasoning.

The people elect their government, if the politicians don't follow their will they are replaced.

If there was any legitimacy to the rantings of Coulter and her ilk believe you me those same Republican politicians would be walking behind the pipers.

It is precisely because they don't have to worry about being elected that Coulter, Limbaugh, Hannity, and the "others" can spew their rhetoric.

When was the last time Mr Corsi ran for office?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't think my reasoning is odd at all. The Republican party (in Washington) has basically given up. They just need to come out and say "Well everyone, we really don't have an effective chance to change policy so were all gonna take a vacation until it's time to start campaigning for 2010"

I can't wait to see their 'tough' questions for the new SCOTUS to be.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

So, if I may, allow me to ask you (and any other Republican) an honest question ...

Do you think the party would be better off and stronger if its representatives were to as you say "stand up" and champion Coulter's, Limbaugh's, and Hannity's positions clearly and loudly?

Would you support that as a clear cut GOP platform?

Would the American people?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's a very good question but as far as Rush, Hannity, Coulter, they are saying these things to get a reaction out of people and they do it very well. Do I think they are wrong? Some times yes and some times no. Do I disagree in their delivery? absolutely. they are entertainers.
Elected Republicans need to stand by their beliefs and set the pace for the party instead of allowing the talk show hosts to do it for them. I just believe if they looked back at what they stood for 25 years ago then they would be in a much better position then they are in now.

The party is in shambles right now when they should be in a great position to get all those seats back and more.

There are 2 Democrat parties in Washington right now, the Liberals and the Moderates i.e Republicans.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Elected Republicans need to stand by their beliefs and set the pace for the party instead of allowing the talk show hosts to do it for them.

Agreed!!!

And this is on both sides btw, forget worldnetdaily, forget mediamatters, and forget all the pundits.

Be true to yourself and to the constitution and let the chips fall where they may.

Is that going to happen?

No.

Both parties have intertwined media with politics to serve their own purpose. The problem with that is that by doing so they have aligned their fate with the Limbaughs and Olbermanns of this world who have nothing to lose but ratings.

As a result you get things like this:

Top Republican calls Limbaugh, Gingrich comments 'terrible'

And then we have Limbaugh attacking him and saying that the GOP should give up on the Hispanic vote.

[edit on 29 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

What makes you think I haven't and don't consider those "reliable" websites all that reliable?

I don't need to bash the GOP... they are doing a perfectly adequate job of doing it to themselves.

BTW I am a white male who grew up in the south of the 50's 60's and 70's and I have never once felt oppressed... over anything.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by jd140

What makes you think I haven't and don't consider those "reliable" websites all that reliable?

I don't need to bash the GOP... they are doing a perfectly adequate job of doing it to themselves.

Then why do you?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Whenever I hear the right going on about reverse racism I have a hard time fighting the urge to
especially when it comes from the mouth of such certifiable racist as mush loosebowels.

Most of the people who are going this route... loosebowels, newt the gingrich, bill oh really and the like have lived nice comfortable lives and have absolutely no clue as to what real racism is and how insidious it is.

And as long as the GOP allows these people (and others like savage and coulter) to be their defacto spokesmen...

I will continue to pick on them because there is nothing there to respect.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
People should be most afraid of one thing. The ability of the media to be used to motivate causes. Racism is being promoted to create divisions that will eventually be used to promote a splitting of the USA into a latino land and a black land and a who knows what land. They tried the black land in the 60s and it didn't work so the latin invasion is in full swing leading to a la Raza cause of reclaiming the west as latino land. The real goal being the death of the constitution/bill of rights and the total overthrow of human rights.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
well... I guess I'll show my hand in this thread...

OK...

I really like Obama... I voted for him, a good majority of my extended family did as well.

I volunteered for the Obama campaign as I was already traveling statewide with my father for his Democratic Senatorial Run.

I still support President Obama and I have been very pleased by all of his actions thus far...

I believe Grover and SD both can recall some threads where I was near (and a few posts way past) breaching T&C Defending my candidate...

Now... That said.

Something does not sit right with me about this woman. The moment I started seeing her in coverage on CNN, and reading her stances on some of her major cases... Well she doesn't remind me of a 'Just' Judge.

Add in the fact that she believes a Latino Female can do a job better than a white male; that she supports 'la raza' which is a Spanish only empowerment group easily on par with the Black Panthers of the 60's and the Klan of the early 1900's; and the pot begins to boil WAAAYYYY tooo much for me to be interested in the stew that would result.

If this woman gets a seat on the Supreme Court from Obama, I will not be pleased. Experience does not equate to justice. This woman reminds me of every judge with a 'god complex' (i.e. I make the rules, and I make your punishment. Disrespect me and I'll ruin you) that I have dealt with in my life.

It may be my small town upbringing... But after a few cases of being in a court and the judge trampling Multiple people's right to a fair and expedient trial in a row; I tend to not trust a judge that has an "authoritative and Definitive" answer for everything.

Dammit, If we're going to focus on putting a liberal on the court this term... Well why not make sure their not just a liberal in their heads, but also in their hearts as well.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It really makes one wonder what the GOP is thinking these days ...

I had a republican explain what they are thinking.

The next four years will be HELL....therefore let a Democrat take the heat for it. Makes sense really.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
P.s.

Anybody wanna take the time to post up the Information they have found on this topic?

I'd really like to see both sides of the story as well as a bit of a centrist view on what she has done...

Basically I want a Lefty site a Righty site and a Legitimate here's the facts site.

Then I will tell you whether this woman getting appointed will f*****g P*** me off; or be a positive change for the people of this country.

I think the other dems in here fighting hard for her, should realize that is the key goal here is to put a Dem on the Court, that will be fair, Just, and hopefully move forward on Democrat ideals such as Pro-Choice , Health-Care, Stem-Cell Research, and Genetic studies. If she does not fit those requirements, she shouldn't be appointed.

My $0.02,

Coven

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What exactly is reverse racism?

I don't think there is any such thing,

Racism is racism,

To think some blacks are not racist against whites, or Latinos against blacks,or yada yada, is ludicrous.

Since the organization of NOW white men have suffered, now i am not talking about your rich white fellow, but the average white guy, young women are cocky, the young men are doing worse in school and get less attention then the female population, their suicide rate is up.

Yea I think white guys are getting the shaft.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
She is racist. She sees significant differences between people of varying color.

She also does not believe in ruling by the Constitution. She thinks "policy is created at the court.

She is extremely dangerous.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Looks like the liberal agenda is still about attacking the messengers rather than listening to the message. I think people ought to look back on the Democratic treatment of minority nominees to the Supreme Court between 2001 and 2009, and compare that to what's happening now with the Democrats demanding Sotomayor's nomination be handled with kid gloves otherwise they'll call you a racist. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm going to e-mail my senator and ask if he can ask Sotomayer during the confirmation hearing, what does gender or race have to do with judging the law.

I would like to see her answer to that. Seeing as how Lady Justice is blind what does race or gender have to do with judging the law.

The democrats are imploding right now too, where is Pelosi anyway haven't seen her around lately.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't feel to sorry for the Republican party because we will drive all you commies out of office!!!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join