It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The white man is being oppressed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The white man is being oppressed!

www.salon.com

Rush, Newt and other right-wingers decide that Sonia Sotomayor is a racist. Project much?

"White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw," wrote Newt Gingrich ...

The ex-House speaker managed to make the sentiment sound even more Neolithic by compressing it to fit Twitter's 140-character limit. "Latina woman racist should also withdraw." He seemed to be grunting, not tweeting. (Gingrich was then forced to fend off questions about whether he had posted that item while touring Auschwitz - which he denies, and which you couldn't make up.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
*big sigh*

Just when you thought the Republican party could not sink any lower ...

Sure, take one sentence out of an entire life and twist it to make sound nefarious.

And do it with a straight face.

Because as we all know, Coulter, Limbaugh, and old Newt are the beacons of racial tolerance and equality.

Is this really the future of the GOP?

Inane, transparent, contrived issues made up without forethought, or intelligence just to dogmatically attempt to take pot shots at the president?

Democrats on the hill must be laughing their butts off and thanking their lucky stars that despite their own grave mistakes, at least the Republicans are out-stupidinfying (tm pending)
them at every turn.

Read the article and find out why the white man is being oppressed by a latina.

It is beyond risible ...

Good luck with the latino vote next election.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You think thats good, check this out!
Sotomayors 'La Raza' called Latino KKK

-E-

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It really makes one wonder what the GOP is thinking these days ...

After getting trounced the last two elections they decided to go on this so called "re-branding" and "soul-searching" quest.

Is this it?

This is the "new" GOP?

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The GOP has no clue what it wants to represent anymore. They just know that they don't like them liberals.

Vote Ron Paul
-E-

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you two are done sucking up to each other, you might want to see what she has said and done over the years.

This isn't about what she said at one time. She has said and done several questionable things. Look it up, its a fingers tip away.

or

You can sigh and put down the GOP and stay ignorant.

Your choice.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I almost feel sorry for the GOP right now... even at their lowest level the Democrats never unraveled like this and in public to boot.

Pretty soon they are going to take ole Dumbo down to the glue factory.

If things continue in the GOP as they are... if they gain any seats next year it will not be because they are doing something right... but because the Democrats screw up bad.

I am not a betting man but as things stand right now I would bet on them losing seats next year... especially if the hard right continues its stranglehold on the party.

The right wing has always been a bunch of poor losers and even worse winners and they simply cannot accept the fact that the electorate roundly rejected them.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Or you can go read this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
From the same source:

Republicans who actually have to win elections don't seem interested in engaging in the backlash politics. "The approach that many of the senators and leadership is taking is, well, you know, let's give her a fair hearing and see what she has to say," said GOP pollster Glen Bolger. "It's really hard to stop this kind of nomination [with only 40 Senate seats], and then there's the political Hispanic angle." A Republican consultant who advises GOP candidates on winning Latino votes, Lionel Sosa, said he expected most senators to ask plenty of questions about Sotomayor, then support her. "For Republicans to mount a filibuster is foolhardy," he said. "If a Republican doesn't care about getting reelected, and a Republican doesn't care about the image of the Republican Party, they may vote against her, but I think in the end, we'll see who the smart ones are and who the not so smart ones are by how they cast their votes."

The problem is that even those Republicans who wont tow the "Sotomayor is a racist" line will undoubtably suffer the consequences of those polemics.

They have either tacitly or willingly empowered the Limaughs, Hannitys, and Coulters of this world to take over as mouthpieces for their party.

As long as that inane reasoning persists I see no progress for the GOP. extra DIV

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Or you can watch the videos and several trusted web sites who have reported what she has said and done.

But you won't do that. Go back to your GOP bashing.

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank God we all know that racism is a 1 way street. There is no such thing as an African American racist or a Latino racist, well unless they are Republicans.

What do you think would happen if those comments were reversed and made by a white male? The very same people defending her now would be screaming racism.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Gingrich today joined the chorus of conservatives such as Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, who called Sotomayor a "reverse racist." abc.news

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is what we're discussing here.

Do you have anything to add to this conversation or are you just going to pout?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Please, Clarence Thomas said the same thing during his nomination.

Look it up.

Nobody went apepoop over it back then.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I feel sorry for liberal Obamatrons who have no choice but to support their guy's nominees. He has a track record for picking criminals for his cabinet. Is he truly that incapable to judge the character of the people he selects? I think he is and he just doesn't care.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by jd140

Gingrich today joined the chorus of conservatives such as Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, who called Sotomayor a "reverse racist." abc.news

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is what we're discussing here.

Do you have anything to add to this conversation or are you just going to pout?

If you call not agreeing with you pouting. Then yes I am going to pout.

Several trusted sources has reported her reverse racism. You can ignore it or not.

You started this thread so that you can run down the GOP, thats it. I guess you are part of the hard headed few who still choose to be blind about President Obama. You choose to be blind to the fact that the GOP and the Democrats are the same thing.

Nope I'm not going to agree with you. I guess you call that pouting.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

You think thats good, check this out!
Sotomayors 'La Raza' called Latino KKK

-E-

I actually posted this to point out she may be a racist. I live in southern Texas and knew people who claim 'La Raza' and they were VERY racist people. Does this mean she is racist.. Maybe not, but the organization she belongs to certianly is.

-E-

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The republicans are just doing what they learned from the Democrats.

Remember Judge Bork? The democrats couldn't stand the idea of a conservative justice. His name has now become a verb as in getting Borked.

So the Democrats kind of invented the extremely hostile interview process that focused on the holes in a persons background not on what they could bring to the bench.

Now the Democrats are in power and their candidate is getting Borked and they don't like it.

Poor over a public person history until you can get enough sound bites and/or written snippets so that you can make them sound like they are unqualified.

To me, the Democrats are just getting back what they're served up..

BTW I don't particularly like either political party so I feel free to abuse them all.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I feel sorry for liberal Obamatrons who have no choice but to support their guy's nominees.

And how will you feel about the majority of the GOP who will vote for her nomination?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So question to my caucasian brothers..how does it feel to be oppressed? We been oppressed for so long...its time for us to leave that negativity away and get together as humans!! I mean come on now seriously!!Give us some play too!!

Peace out to everybody no matter what color or religion!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You started this thread so that you can run down the GOP, thats it.

On the contrary, I started this thread to point out how a few "republican" talking heads are dragging down a party that I once supported.

I guess you are part of the hard headed few who still choose to be blind about President Obama.

If that helps you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join