It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea may be prepping long-range missile.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

N. Korea may be prepping long-range missile.

www.msnbc.msn.com

NBC News and news services
updated 12:40 p.m. ET May 29, 2009
YEONPYEONG, South Korea - North Korea is showing signs of preparing for another long-range missile launch after launching a series of short-range missiles, including one on Friday.

The communist country warned Friday it would act in "self-defense" if provoked by the U.N. Security Council, which is considering tough sanctions over the communist country's nuclear test. U.S. officials told NBC News that preliminary results of atmospheric tests confirmed that underground test, at a yield of 1 to 2 kilotons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
VIDEO : www.msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Now they are preparing a Long Range missile.
Should we start to worrie now ?? !!

N Korea really are looking for some attention, or is this an diversion of some thing else going on some other place ??

'' Retaliation threat
With tensions high on the Korean peninsula, Chinese fishing boats left the region, possibly to avoid any maritime skirmishes between the two Koreas. But U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said the situation was not a crisis and no additional U.S. troops would be sent to the region. ''

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is starting to go crazy. I don't think I've ever seen NoKo act this way before. As I said in another thread, I wonder if China and Russia are pushing them to do this. If they could provoke NoKo to attack SoKo, it would be much easier for them to go and take back land that they believe is theirs, like Taiwan and the Ukraine.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't think I've ever seen NoKo act this way before.

Neither have I. It almost seems to be an invite to attack in the current global atmosphere.

I'm swinging wildly here but believe that some type of leadership struggle is going on. Just saw the latest pictures of Kim and he looks stressed out and very sick.

This can't continue for much longer surely?

I've been looking at the top people in NKorea and compiled a pretty vague into to who's wanting what to happen. At least my thoughts on them.

Meet the Family - North Korea

Cheers
Shane

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Perhaps Kim wants to go out with a bang!

I don't think that he's going to get the world to react in a way that he wants by throwing his little temper tantrums.

Personally, I think that it's time for the US to leave the Korean peninsula. Let the South Koreans figure out how to defend themselves.

The US is not the world police.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Only 140 of the 300 Chinese fishingboats have left the area. 160 still remain. If there was a chance of a maritime conflict soon, all 300 would have left. Also don't forget it's the end of the crabfishing season there.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by -Rugged Shark-]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When their missiles are aimed at something other than the sea i will start to get worried,right now they trying to save face not start a war....hence missiles are not being aimed at anything of significance.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

HAhaha , that would would be so cool, all this hype and the fishermen have no clue what the rest of the world are 'edgy' about ..

new topics

top topics

join