It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Attack on a Constituent - Me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Last week I posted that I had sent a letter to the editors of all the papers in the state. The following day, my congressman's representative emailed me and wanted to meet with me in person, about my letter. I met with him for an hour and explained my position and listened to his rediculous talking points out of the GOP.

Well, newsflash. On Tuesday of this week, a response letter was printed in all the same papers - from my congressman's press secretary. The letter is directed at me. It questions my intelligence and the headline says that he's disappointed with me, the letter writer.

Does anyone else have a problem with this? WHAT? When you can't defend your position, you attack your constituent that questions your position??? I voted for this congressman and I helped campaign for them. 3 weeks ago the congressman was personally praising me at a meeting we were at, because of the tea party movement I lead here. From praise to contempt because I backed them into a corner. Seriously, with the way the fangs came out, you would think that I were a campaign opponent.

So, yesterday I wrote yet another letter, to defend my intellect and I went even deeper with the issue this time. They'll really squirm now. I can't believe how many people have contacted me to say, "Horray!" on this 2nd letter. These are strong conservatives siding with me, against a congressman that claims to be a strong fiscal conservative.

Anyway, thought I would inform you all on the drama, as it continues to unfold. I would love to post links to the letters, but I think it actually goes against the terms of service on here because it would reveal who I am AND where i live.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
care to print the letter? and the response? hard to judge what you are talking about without reading the source material.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think you should write another letter calling his record out. They respond to that quite well as it reveals their corruption.

This guy is obviously a worm. Think about that every time you read one of his words. He cannot afford to be challenged.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

From praise to contempt because I backed them into a corner. Seriously, with the way the fangs came out, you would think that I were a campaign opponent.

Maybe you should be an opponent! If you're involved in the tea parties, you have the paper's respect or they wouldn't print the letters, especially the second one. You have the politicians attention and concern. You have the responses from the people who are congratulating you on the letter. Steamroll this momentum into a campaiqn! We need more real-life concerned citizen politicians!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would like to see the letters in question. Did you ever have any more issues with the census dude?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Some people gain power not by being superior mentally but by making others seem inferior.

Iv seen this a lot at places Iv worked, a lot of the top managers are good at getting other people to do there work for them and reaping the success it brings themselves.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

amen to that! If we can get a few people with some brains in office and they can move up the poop pile, we might get our country back some day. Run for office against this guy. Just don't mention Ron Paul or the MSM will ignore you.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Could you copy/paste the letters here? Maybe leave out your name and anything identifiable?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Right now any opposition to the GOP is taken quite seriously.

I think that the GOP feels that "conservatives" are their exclusive domain and fodder. What they fail to realize is that as a whole they have moved so far to the left that there really isn't must disctintion between them and the democrats, as a whole.

Good for you...keep it up.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Next time the election comes up....run for office!

Screw em.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
care to print the letter? and the response? hard to judge what you are talking about without reading the source material.

Please do post the letter and response, as stated by several we have no idea either way without them. Possibly you did write an ignorant letter.

Leave personal info off the posted letters it's not necessary to make your point.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by FX44rice]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Could you copy/paste the letters here? Maybe leave out your name and anything identifiable?

Wish I could, but just pulling any line from the letter and doing a search for it, would reveal my identity completely.

Anyone wanting to read the letters can send me a U2U and I'll try to send you links to my first letter and the press sec.'s response. My other letter isn't showing up in papers yet. They're not so urgent to print that one I guess.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If they actually contacted, interviewed and attacked you back then you've jabbed them in a sore spot.
Keep giving them hell RPG.

S&F

[edit on 30-5-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If your not worried about hiding your identity enough to hide it from anyone who can read any of the papers then why would you care if its posted here and linked to that screen name?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Sounds like she doesn't want everyone on ATS to know who she is and where she lives. Can't say I fault her for that.

[edit on 5/30/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If he ridiculed you in a public letter or forum..then sue him! Teach him a lesson

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
You go get then Ron Paul Girl! I wish more people int he UK would do this kind of thing. Although no matter how good the letter, MP's don't seem to care enough to meet in person.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
I voted for this congressman and I helped campaign for them. 3 weeks ago the congressman was personally praising me at a meeting we were at, because of the tea party movement I lead here. From praise to contempt because I backed them into a corner. Seriously, with the way the fangs came out, you would think that I were a campaign opponent.

well there you go you just had to get involved in tea parties...
newsflash - the GOP and FOX hijacked those and took credit for them!

history lesson: Stalin killed all his beloved generals and other potential political opponents. your congressman is doing the same to you since you're a potential challenger to his/her seat.

now you've got a chance to stop complaining on an anonymous message board and actually try to run for office and if elected act like you want your elected officials to act!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
If your not worried about hiding your identity enough to hide it from anyone who can read any of the papers then why would you care if its posted here and linked to that screen name?

oh come on did you really have to bring reason into this??

and if she'll follow our advice and actually run for office just think of all her ATS posts that will be sifted through both by journalists and her opponents
she'll get more scrutiny than a supreme court justice!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Good your getting in print. Sounds like you're on a roll. Run for office, even as mayor of your city, then throw out the false tributes to Caesar. If you run as a state rep then put laws on the ballot to get ride of the tribute (tax, ticket) system and put the cities and state services on an accountable donation basis. End the fraud and coercion of the state. Set an example. Lead the way. What state are you in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join