It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Test-Fires Short-Range Missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

North Korea Test-Fires Short-Range Missile

www.washingtonpost.com

TOKYO, May 29 -- North Korea rattled its neighbors again Friday when it fired a short-range missile off its east coast, the sixth such firing since the secretive country conducted an underground nuclear test on Monday, and a large number of Chinese fishing boats left the disputed water off the western coast of the Korean Peninsula in the past several days, according to reports from South Korea.

The reports of the missile test and the boat movements came from South Korea's Yonhap news agency, which said the nearly 300 Chinese fishing boats had dwindled by about half. It was not known whe
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well it seems the Chinese are getting the word and are pulling out their fishing boats and South Korea is taking steps since LIL Kimmy says he no longer respects the "Border".

Let's just hope this is nothing more than saber rattling. I'm glad to see the South taking defensive steps.

"South Korea is preparing for possible missile or artillery strikes near the disputed western sea border, the Seoul-based daily Chosun Ilbo reported Thursday. The North said this week it would no longer respect that border, which has been the site of two naval skirmishes in the past decade. "

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow No replies?
Well one small bump then off it goes into the abyss

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Meh, I am more concerned with Obama's appointment to the Supreme Court and how "he turned his back on mainstream America!" (Hannity, May 2009).

What else you got? Until North Korea starts nuking South Korea, I have no need to worry...thus "what, me worry?"

Snarkiness off: let the other shoe drop I say. These rumors of wars are getting tiresome. Someone volley a nuke already and let's get this show started...I know that is the end result anyway. The human experiment failed. We can't go a day without raping, torturing, and killing each other so let's just end this sick-party.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

What else you got? Until North Korea starts nuking South Korea, I have no need to worry...thus "what, me worry?"

Hey plucky

Try this one on for size.

Iran's Future?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

People probably think this is a repeat thread and not realizing its a new launch.

North Korea wants attention and they are not really getting it.

On a side note I had a very bizarre dream last night about all of this.
In the dream I turned on the news to see that China had launched an invasion of North Korea.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

People probably think this is a repeat thread and not realizing its a new launch.

You're right.

If I didn't know that Slayer doesn't make those kind of mistakes (reposts of threads) I'd have passed this by without taking a peak...

Slayer - it needs a new title! (Problem is I don't think you can give Breaking News new titles can you)?
You can edit something in to get notice can't you - his is important stuff?

Beyond that - interesting China's pulling back too.
Sounds like just another sign China's had enough too...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Wow No replies?
Well one small bump then off it goes into the abyss

No offence, but commenting on North Korea's baby like tactics of threatening to stamp their feet until they are sick is becoming old.

Personally I'm so sick and tired of their posturing that I'm not interested unless they attack, since their threats are now being received almost daily.

Let's really give Obama something to get his teeth into, this could be interesting.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I almost passed this thread up as well, until I looked at the number of replies it had, then I knew it was new,hot and fresh crap comming from NK.
After all of this bs thats been going on I say @#@# it, its time to go kick some ass.
That lil kim wanna be should get deep throated by a rocket the size of rhode island if you ask me.
It was a late night, and I just woke up to this. These bastard children need to be dealt with. Im tired of hearing their @#@#.
They need a spanking. A good one.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well i wouldn't blame people for that.
How many nukes has he popped off? plus how many missiles has he launched. Yeah people still think it's just fooling around on his part.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have a sinking feeling that they are gonna fire off a test missile and it "accidentally" land just over the south Korean DMZ or "accidentally" attach a conventional payload to one and claim it as a big oops just to see how far they can push this.

If no one slaps em around they are gonna keep pushing the line till it snaps.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gotta say I agree with plucky in a way.
It would be pointless for NK to put any bite behind it's barking unless it were accomplishing some kind of strategic goal or security.
Great, so they have nukes and some missiles and have made this rather evident to the rest of the world.
Now that they have people's attention, what are they gonna do with it?
I really don't see the point in boasting nuclear capability aside from a bigger bargaining chip and increased diplomatic hostility against them by their nuclear adversaries.
With the whole Mutually Assured Destruction aspect of GTW, everyone's bluffing and the only country that's showed an intent to use them would be...oh, I guess that'd be us, then, wouldn't it?
I always thought pissing contests were dumb anyways...sooooo dumb...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

Unless they get to the point where they just dont care anymore.

top topics

join