It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to target cyberspace for Americas "security"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Obama to target cyberspace for Americas "security"

Obama to name a Cyberspace security agency because cyberspace crime has cost US tax payer 6 billion dollars.

This Security will take care of all aspect of the Internet, phones and all that is linked to cyberspace.

They will be operating from the White house.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well there it comes government to take over INTERNET in the name of Americas security because we are to susceptible to INTERNET crimes.

Obama believe that INTERNET can become a weapon of mass destruction.

Now is prohibited for Military personnel to use thumb drives on work computers.

Before the campaign he was already talking about this new office,

Obama urged to create White House office for cyberspace

Obama To Create Cyberspace Defense Team

www.wbur.org...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
so now they will fill the net with american propaganda , and crush dissident sites , and then what sent dissidents to FEMA camps , USA is becoming more and more nazi like in nature .

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A CYBER CZAR!!!!

He can bite my shorts. I just heard his speech on tv and this is nothing more than CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.......

When you read between the lines, ITS OVER FOLKS!

Government to take over our Internet. Why? Because of Cyber Terror

Right.

I dont imagine we will be around much longer, nor with Alex Jones, nor many many other dissidents on the Internet. Too much is known about the NWO and too many "conspiracies"....

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

This is a developing story as he is talking live on TV, this link here is the latest of the one referring to his new office that will be working directly from the White House, the military will be directly and part in charge with homeland security.

Another take over by government of the INTERNET.

Obama To Create Cyberspace Defense Team

www.wbur.org...

Already experts said that linking the Military with civilian influences to find ways to control INTERNET will be down right a disaster.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What's next fashion bolshlevicks?

What's with naming these czars?
Car czar, healthcare czar, cyber czar

Does anyone else find these words oppressive?

Why do these officials have russian monarchy titles?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Exactly. These are titles to let us know that they have the power and we are just a bunch of helpless idiots.
NAZI style tittles.... NAZI style police uniforms...the list just goes on and on.

We must lick their boots.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't like the so naming of Czars for some reason it gives me memories of communism.

All those people and remember all the threads talking about this day back years ago is coming to be truth.

So we conspiracy theories have score one more today.

Privacy advocates, meanwhile, are worried that aggressive government efforts to secure the Internet and other computer networks could trample privacy and civil liberties.

“Unlimited government access to private communications would chill those communications,” says Gregory Nojeim, with the Center for Democracy and Technology.

From the source.

The government will take full access and unrestricted to monitor everything in the internet now.

Are we a communist country yet?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes, Communist at best.

Commerade Marge. *clicks heels* and moves on.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is bigger that we all can only imagine, now the private sector will have government contracts to find ways to control the Internet with programs and software that before was only a thing of the future.

Meaning that no longer the control of every computer with embedded software is just a conspiracy but A government mandate

Dg, do you remember when we used to tell people that Bush unconstitutional power that he created because for the office of the president was opening the door to other presidents to do as they wish.

Guess what we were right, girl.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Dg, do you remember when we used to tell people that Bush unconstitutional power that he created because for the office of the president was opening the door to other presidents to do as they wish.

Guess what we were right, girl.
oh yes, i remember, i also remember that all those former members have nothing to say now and they rarely log on. I wonder why.

I remember many terrible things i had to hear about myself, such as get an inflatable boat and go back where you came from.

We had insight Marge, and a few others as well, now maybe they will respect us a little more? Not that its important, its just that WE KNEW**

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is so long overdue, it's not even funny. The whole attitude, and the way this issue was being seen and operated was a joke. China, and a few other countries, have their Cyber-Warfare program institutionalized and under direct command and control from the State, and the military. Their whole attitude, as per most dictatorships, is one of strict adherence, with a desire for no compromise. They are sophisticated and efficient, not because of their technology, but because of their attitude and operating mandate.

Meanwhile we are doing the opposite, focusing on the how rather than the what. It has taken the most sophisticated county in the world until 2009 to get its head out of its rear end and to nationally, competently, and comprehensively focus on this issue? We're fighting bureaucratic turf wars with more departments than are necessary. Having politicians, lawyers, and the general public interfering all the way. It is for this reason I dislike our bureaucracy, it infests from the inside and rots away. You think they have a political problem in China about how far they can go, in terms of Cyber-Warfare, or which department should oversee such efforts and to what extent? No. They have a clear mandate and the State there facilitates by all means necessary the successful attainment of that mandate. End of story. Somehow we have lost our sense of purpose and value along the way.

We have civilian agency X doing their thing in isolation and in the dark, and agency Y and Z doing the same thing for the military. Meanwhile no clear chain of command exists, no real coordinated and national/comprehensive effort or ability exists, and more importantly there is no clear legal policy and internal guidelines to direct and support such operations. It is easier to gain approval for calling in an air strike on some village, than it is to take action in the cyber realm and shut down enemy systems. It would be a terrible joke and a bad dream, but it is not.

People concerned about the internet and other such nonsense as being controlled by the U.S. Government have their head in the clouds and heart in the wrong place. Consider both our civilian and military systems going offline, just consider those consequences. And this ability can be held by a foreign regime who does not care one iota about you, your family, or the United States as a whole, should their interests be threatened. Unfortunately we can't wait to smell the roses, playing catch up and being on the defensive is a losing strategy. Positive steps are being take, but more importantly, the old farts are starting to realize both the full potential and consequences of inaction due to ignorance and an unwillingness to change.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

just consider those consequences. And this ability can be held by a foreign regime who does not care on iota about you, your family, or the United States as a whole,
....And this government and the previous one cares about us?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

No, is not having our heads in the clouds actually we that believe that our nation has been hijacked by government extremist and corruption have our heads very well grounded.

As usual abuse of power is always behind everything that is to control peoples communications, behavior and way of thinking.

BTW the last time I check China was still communist and we in the US were still calling ourselves a Democratic country I guess you find communist control of citizens information fine.

Let see how far this go one year for now, I hope we all still be here to tell our stories like we are doing right now.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

just consider those consequences. And this ability can be held by a foreign regime who does not care on iota about you, your family, or the United States as a whole,

hell , this guy reminds me of soviet military propagandists who supported hypermilitarism on such basis .

wonder why USA is incrasingly becoming nazi like orwellian super empire . I shudder at this scenario

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hon, I still remember the "move to Canada if you don't like Bush" and even one member that is well "regarded in the board now" that told me that he had the best whore in Puertorrico.

I just let him get away with that at the time.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Without any empathetic overtones (that's an impossible discussion), everyone cares about self preservation. We are the United Sates, so yes.

BTW the last time I check China was still communist and we in the US were still calling ourselves a Democratic country I guess you find communist control of citizens information fine.

No. I dislike bureaucracy and ineffectiveness. I despise ignorance and dogma. The Chinese state has a plan that I oppose in the extreme. However, certain aspects of their society and government I admire very much. And you should know that "control of citizens information" is not one of those things. Anyway, it is what you chose to use something for that counts, very few things are inherently "good" or "bad".

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

I will have to agree with you in the last part of that post.

But while I believe that "national security" is important, we most analyze the purpose that the so incredible growing America government is to utilized that "term" to hide their government agendas.

You have seen that now the path that the Bush administration undertook the new president is making bigger and more damaging to this nations citizens.

In a Democratic nation that supposedly citizens are the ones that government should be afraid off, when government turns around to instill fear on its citizens that government doesn't work anymore for its citizens, that government is now protecting personal and private agendas.

The citizens are now the enemy.

Just remember that my friend.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by dgtempe

Hon, I still remember the "move to Canada if you don't like Bush"

You, wouldn't like it that much up here ether. We are still being controlled by that robot Stephen Harper. Our millitary is next to crap, and our greatest weapons are German tanks we baught from the Dutch not long ago that come from the WW2 era.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Yes but still Canada is a beautiful country and I would be more than happy to visit at least one time in my life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join