It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Godlike Wisdom"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I noticed that some of our Silver Contributors get a tag line which states that they apparently demonstrate "Godlike Wisdom".

In spite of not being particularly religious, I must say that I found this a tad offensive and a tad contradictory all in one statement. If you're Godlike at silver, what are you at gold?

Of all the options the board owners could have chosen, was this one really the most approriate. For an international forum, I think it's wise to avoid any religious references.

What's wrong with something on the lines of "Extremely Insightful"?

Just curious, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
'godlike wisdom' .... small g. If it were 'the' God .. it would have a big 'G'.

It goes by the number of applauses .. not the number of posts.

So you can have people who are bronze, silver, or gold having 'god like wisdom'.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to call it out. I don't mind, I really don't think it is a big deal. It is just a metaphor.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

This has to be the funniest thing i have read today! Thanks for making my Friday!!!!

Brad

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oy vey...

What should it say instead? "Humanlike wisdom"? Godlike sounds way cooler.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Like FlyersFan said, that logo is decided by applause count. The other logos are decided by a combination of post/flag/star counts. So 'godlike wisdom' is for those with over 150 applause and is not related to their silver status or whatever status they have.

It's not really saying anything deity-wise. Think of it as saying 'Sage-like Wisdom.' It's supposed to be clever/complimentary- not offensive, IMHO.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It's not really saying anything deity-wise.

Exactly. If it were speaking of a deity, then it would have a big 'G" instead of a small 'g'. Big difference. The small 'g' is speaking of wisdom .. that's it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have to say that I don't like the new tagging that ATS has taken into their site to refer to members no matter what.

I too resent the new phrases under the Avatars.

I prefer the lines the way their were.

I am not in this site looking for approval or flags or whatever but because I enjoy to be with others that have same views like me and are looking for the truth and and can bring other views that I am more than honored to debate in a civil manner.

This new tagging remind me when I was a teacher in grade school and children were given littler stars to make them happy.

Guess what it also can bring resentment.

But ATS administration think is cute so I have to leave with it.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You could always change it to "doglike wisdom."

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey, I just noticed that the Mods are now all "Platinum".

Didn't you guys like being divided into different classes? Like the members are..?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I prefer the lines the way their were.

Me too.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You could always change it to "doglike wisdom."

Oh .. this could be fun!

doglike wisdom. catlike wisdom. dolphinlike wisdom. ETlike wisdom.
There are so many we could come up with. we could have fun picking them!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We were originally going to use Crakeur like wisdom but we didn't want to upset the lesser deities so we decided an all encompassing "godlike" adjective would suffice.

I'd like to point out to my brothers and sisters in the god union (go local 2012!!) that I don't really think my wisdom is greater than yours, I'm just kidding so, please, let's not get involved in one of those one upsmanship with the calamaties thing again. I hardly think this group of lesser mortals has the brains or the wherewithall to build a giant boat or trek thru the desert.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
C'mon Retseh,

It's all very tongue in cheek to me.

I don't have an applause rating at all and to be honest, but if I did - godlike wouldn't be too bad I suppose...

They're meaning it like any god - jehovah, allah, Ron Burgundy - it doesn't matter - it's just a saying.

I'd quite like a custom one saying 'applauds himself quietly by himself.' Which refers to the little round of applause I give myself after ever post to congratulate me on my insight, balance, wit.

Well, it is Friday, I guess...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We have a dedicated thread for any member to complain about ATS.

The ATS Issues Thread

The Site Owners read it every day and answer your concerns. Another way of voicing your complaints and concerns is through the complaint form found in your member centre.

Feel free to use either method to voice your opinion about your experience here at ATS.

Closed.

[edit on 29 May 09 by Gools]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebarud
Didn't you guys like being divided into different classes? Like the members are..?

Yeah, but we all like being elitist scum better.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join