It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-75 NASA UFOs From Nowhere!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by JimOberg

You still haven't debunked any of the UFO's from the video in the OP....

You also seem to think that we (or I) know the date and time that this video's contents were recorded - What would make you think this?

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

Ok you posted the video right are we in agreement there? As such what is the video supposed to show here is the part where you post what you think it is and what proof you have to support your supposition then we can discuss said proof to verify its validity.

This isnt a case of post video people explain what it is to you then you have no facts to disprove anything if your going to seek the proof you need to give us some information and tell us what you think the video shows neither of which you appear willing to do. This tells me you have nothing other than a video of specks of light floating around the shuttle.So since you started this thread as proof of something though you wont really state what start proving it.

If you have no proof and you have no idea what it is then why did you post it? Or why doest your thread say what could cause this in which time people could post what they believe it might be,However that would be contradictory to your approach of throwing something on a thread so you can tell people there wrong without any evidence to the contrary huh.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I want all the testimony from astronauts I can get - but I certainly wouldn't expect them to open themselves up for attack because they chose to say what they saw.

This is a noble goal, and I hope you follow through and search for such quotations. Search for men such as Andy Allen, Jeff Hoffman (now at MIT), and other crewmembers, and the Flight Director in Mission Control, Chuck Shaw.

I also hope you are true to your pledge, above, not to attack any astronauts whose testimony displeases you.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

In the OP; it is stated when this video was released and by who...

When was the video first recorded?

If you don't know, just tell us.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You see, this is part of the problem Jim. All of us want to get to the bottom of this, we all want the answers, we all want the data. We even have someone here affiliated to NASA and is actually asking US to look for the data. NASA are anything but helpful, they refuse to take this seriously and be more cooperative. I fail to understand why NOT, seeing as if the case is nothing more than prosaic and easily explainable phenomena, then they would outright address this and really disprove the UFO buffs, it should be very easy if this is simply the case.

Regards,

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

You see, this is part of the problem Jim. All of us want to get to the bottom of this, we all want the answers, we all want the data. We even have someone here affiliated to NASA and is actually asking US to look for the data. NASA are anything but helpful, they refuse to take this seriously and be more cooperative. I fail to understand why NOT, seeing as if the case is nothing more than prosaic and easily explainable phenomena, then they would outright address this and really disprove the UFO buffs, it should be very easy if this is simply the case.

Regards,

See heres the problem NASA has address this issue there has been statements there was a experiment and a report done PHOTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF A SPACE SHUTTLE WATER VENTING feel free to visit NASA website its a pdf. Quite frankly Nasa used to try to address these issues but realized it useless theyve been dealing with this since the mercury missions.

For those of you who are not familiar with what Mercury 8, when John Glenn made his first famous flight into space in 1962, he, "spotted mysterious glowing particles that he nicknamed 'fireflies' hovering near the spacecraft as he emerged from darkness into sunlight."

"NASA very quickly realized that the dots were ice particles coming from the spacecraft's water spray boiler, which discarded waste heat from the avionics (the space shuttle has a similar unit, called a 'Flash Evaporator', mounted at the base of the tail). Carpenter himself confirmed this a few months later when on his flight he was able to create swarms of 'fireflies' by banging on the side of his capsule, where the water spray boiler was located. The observed motion of the particles, falling below and pulling ahead of the spacecraft, was exactly what is expected from high-drag low-mass ice crystals."

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

I get quite a different impression. When NASA experts, including direct witnesses, have offered prosaic explanations in the past, they have been viciously verbally attacked ("liars!!"), or totally ignored and lied about ("NASA offers no explanations!"), so really, after a few rounds of this, why bother?

Can you tell me a single case where you found a 'NASA explanation' credible?

[edit on 30-5-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Please refrain from off-topic dalliance.

I see you have been unable to identify any of the UFOs.

*Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Please refrain from off-topic dalliance.

I see you have been unable to identify any of the UFOs.

*Keep up the good work.

Whenever the context of the video can be determined -- illumination conditions, camera, simo spacecraft activities, witness descriptions -- a reasonable prosaic hypothesis can be developed for discussion and debate. I've been able to do that many, many times.

Sometimes the video can be identified from internal clues -- audible comments, specific references to unique people or events, etc. -- but in general this is not possible without the original poster providing that data.

But expecting the investigative process to succeed, while withholding the specific datum that would enable the process to go forward, and then thereby claiming that the lack of an explanation is a failure on the part of investigators, is pretty lame.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Whenever the context of the video can be determined -- illumination conditions, camera, simo spacecraft activities, witness descriptions -- a reasonable prosaic hypothesis can be developed for discussion and debate. I've been able to do that many, many times.

That is just an obfuscatory way of conveying your admission that you have yet to identify the objects, and thus to you; they are still UFOs.

Had you not wasted your time being so intentionally hebetudinous, you would likely have acquired the pertinent data by now...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That is just an obfuscatory way of conveying your admission that you have yet to identify the objects, and thus to you; they are still UFOs.

By no means -- such a silly definition would have every unnumbered airplane, every unspecified bird or butterfly, every passing weather balloon listed as a 'UFO' until it had been positively identified.

Even Allen Hynek knew better:

"UFO Report - a statement by a person or persons judged responsible and psychologically normal by commonly accepted standards, describing a personal visual or instrumentally aided perception of an object or light in the sky or on the ground and / or its assumed physical effects, that does not specify any known physical event, object, or process or any psychological event or process [even after examination by qualified persons]..."
Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Northwestern University,

Those are the key words: "after examination by qualified persons"..

Since your action seem to aid and abet the frustration of this examination process with your games playing over documentation of sources, you are in the business of manufacturing bogus 'UFOs', of muddying the waters, of wasting people's time, and not helping solve the problem. Shame on you.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
can someone tell me why in the tether video, objects are moving in all differnt directions and at different speeds?...frankly it looks like the camera is recording in some type of liquid, with animals or debris floating passed the lens...if this is space, it's really crowed up there.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They look a lot like the objects in this video...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KAKUSA

I dont believe they have birds in space but i could be wrong if they flapped really hard i guess.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The video clearly shows debris being ejected from the spacecraft. Be it an experiment or getting rid of waste water, it looks very much like ejected water that has flash frozen after ejection.

I had a dream once of a huge scale mass exodus of alien spacecraft, I would like this video to so much be a scene from my dream.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
The video clearly shows debris being ejected from the spacecraft. Be it an experiment or getting rid of waste water, it looks very much like ejected water that has flash frozen after ejection.

I had a dream once of a huge scale mass exodus of alien spacecraft, I would like this video to so much be a scene from my dream.

I was joking about the birds but in total seriousness id guess either pollen of some kind or insects while the camera was focused to infinity. And your seeing the sun glare off them as they pass the field of view kinda like ever been somewhere dusty and shined a flashlight you see all kinda particles you didn't know where there. But since we dont know anything about the video well never know.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've recently located a video which shows the STS-75 tether UFOs appearing out of nowhere.

Check it out:

*I like this one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join