It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-75 NASA UFOs From Nowhere!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Here is a video NASA would rather you not see - A video containing UFOs which cannot be accounted for by prosaic explanations:

NASA UFOs from nowhere!

(This video has been provided by the Martyn Stubbs UFO Archives.

STS-75 the mission where the Tether Incident occurred, and which carried the Tether Optical Experiment Camera system...)

*The action really starts at 2:25 - with multiple UFOs appearing and entering the frame from multiple directions and speeds.

*At 3:13 an object enters the right side of the screen before maneuvering upwards and off-screen and away from the earth - Absent any external force. (There goes the 'thruster hypothesis'...
)

*Most of these objects are traveling around 18 000 miles per hour, just to keep pace with the shuttle (ahead of it actually
). The changes in direction and velocity of these UFOs can also not be accounted for by thrusters...

*Until 4:15 the camera is facing forwards, and everything before that point is in front of the shuttle. Only as the camera moves at 4:15 can parallax even be considered as a viable hypothesis. But all the UFO action happens before that point anyways.

Enjoy!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

What we need to know was a water dump done about then also
re the comment about object moving into and up at an angle and that angle continues to the top of the screen.

Do you know Newtons laws of motion I suggest you check them out.
Here this is the one you need.

1. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

Now as you dont KNOW what caused it to go into motion and as it continued in a straight line its just the usual junk we see on these videos!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

Greetings Jimbo,

Four posts in and you still haven't been able to identify any of the objects or provide any external-source documentation.

You should start with the UFO that enters the screen at 3:15 and speeds away, absent any external force - after changing direction, and velocity...

...Debunk that one.

HAVE YOU of course not because you avoid question like that in LALA land!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Wow look at all those ufos practically an alien concert>Your really not going to believe that all those objects were aliens are you that would be enough for an invasion of earth. Wouldn't it make much more sense to say they are ice particles you can see they suddenly appear like magic. Why would that be they were already there and could not be seen untill that big ball of plasma we call the sun provided light so the camera could see them.

But i think its time for a twist people who want to believe in UFO alien connections post videos of anything and then just sit back and wait for someone to prove its not what they think it is. This process is completely backwards in any other forum on ATS the poster has to make his case. So in that light prove they are flying saucers any documents any proof what so ever?

As i saw earlier dont worry if it takes some time the thread will still be here!

PS the video is not proof it shows something unexplained until you prove otherwise. Figured id add that since i expect to here look at the video its proof.

[edit on 5/29/09 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

PS the video is not proof it shows something unexplained until you prove otherwise.

I am glad that you agree these objects are UFOs.

*You even state that the video "shows something unexplained"...

Keep up the Good work and investigation. We'll solve this one yet

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Are you coping out well what are they state what you think they are and prove it its called science. You can make a hypothesis that the moon is made of cheese then comes that pesky little thing you have to do is prove your right. If you believe these to be anything other that ice crystals prove it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If you believe these to be anything other that ice crystals prove it.

Identifying the UFOs....

That task falls to you and the other debunkers - who have yet to identify a single one of these anomalous objects or offer any external source documentation to corroborate their claims.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1You are the one who is claiming to be able to identify these UFOs - the Onus is on you.

I don't see where Oberg made any such claim. I see him asking questions so a proper investigation can be done. Over and over again. Reasonable questions. I see no answers. Just smart-assed remarks.

The "onus" is on those who push claims to answer the resultant questions, not on the ATS membership who you seem to think should be omniscient.

Why can't we know the date/time of the video in order to cross-check it against the mission log? It's a pretty basic question that is asked of any "UFO" sighting, not just Shuttle video.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Why can't we know the date/time of the video in order to cross-check it against the mission log?

Because NASA did not have a time-stamp on their video...

*Now other methods must be used to acquire that information.

It should be easier for someone Like Jim Oberg to acquire this information - much easier than it than for the average citizen such as myself to accomplish the same task.

There was probably even a time when Jimbo could have written Mr. Stubbs and asked for the information - but that time has passed; for him at least...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Originally posted by Exuberant1You are the one who is claiming to be able to identify these UFOs - the Onus is on you.

I don't see where Oberg made any such claim. I see him asking questions so a proper investigation can be done. Over and over again. Reasonable questions. I see no answers. Just smart-assed remarks.

The "onus" is on those who push claims to answer the resultant questions, not on the ATS membership who you seem to think should be omniscient.

Why can't we know the date/time of the video in order to cross-check it against the mission log? It's a pretty basic question that is asked of any "UFO" sighting, not just Shuttle video.

Thank you someone else gets it. Every wild video That pops up they post expecting people to prove its not an alien. This is completely backwards the people that post should have to prove the only thing they could be is aliens it is entirely backwards in UFO forums and i dont understand why. When i see a video ill do research and make my conclusion. based on best evidence. In this instance if its not ice crystals im willing to here proof it isn't but as i see my challenge was already refused and we've been told yet again we must prove it even thought we didnt make the assertions.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Ill save you time Mr Oberg is sending you on a wild goose chase this video wasn't released by Nasa and i expect he knows this. It is a taped shuttle feed either released from a satellite uplink or taped off Nasa broadcasts. This is why you cant use it as proof because nothing on the tape can be verified it is not an original copy. This is his way of trying to get you guys to do some research and come up with your own conclusions besides just speculating.And again you refused my request for proof i see.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ill save you time Mr Oberg is sending you on a wild goose chase this video wasn't released by Nasa and i expect he knows this.

I expect should know that too.

In the OP; it is stated when this video was released and by who...

Do you deny that it is from a NASA feed?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ill save you time Mr Oberg is sending you on a wild goose chase this video wasn't released by Nasa and i expect he knows this.

I expect should know that too.

Apparently you don't know that the live feeds cannot be time stamped unless you know when it was recorded again this is where doing research instead of making wild claims would come in handy. Do you have any idea ho long it would take someone to watch the footage from all the cameras on just 1 shuttle mission? And to time stamp a shuttle feed is impossible unless you know when it was recorded. The only person that knows this is the person that made the video. Now back to my point you seem to be doing everything you can to deflect the burden of proof, prove there alien crafts!

Come on take the time show me some data make me believe you by showing me evidence that this isnt ice crystals that has been seen on every shuttle launch!

[edit on 5/29/09 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You misunderstand.

I am referring to a timestamp overlay - NASA didn't do it in this case...

That is why there is not one to be found on the video.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Do you maen where it says, "(This video has been provided by the Martyn Stubbs UFO Archives; released Feb 27, 2009)"??

What (un)earthly use is that datum for finding the original, if it exists?

The video looks like typical NASA PLB MLE views, but without a second source, I wouldn't believe Martyn telling me the sun was up. That's just based on my long experience with his exuberant imagination.

When you request videos from NASA AV, you can specify a time tag field in a corner of the FOV, which makes comparing scenes with other activities much easier. Any member of the public can do this. There might be a nominal charge.

When you dub an untagged video off of video feed, a careful researcher logs the current clock time in his notebook for future reference. Careless, haphazard folks do not. It's not NASA's fault that Martyn appears to be of the latter category.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You want official sources for the videos?

as I posted earlier www.abovetopsecret.com...

Google is a great tool

laziness is no excuse, but anyways

here you go
science.ksc.nasa.gov...

1. Previous Launch Movies (STS-72 - 1/11/1996)
  2. TSS mating to Deployer (STS-75 - 7/28/1995) (240x180 MPEG 891K)
  3. STS-75 Orbiter Mating and Rollout (STS-75 - 7/28/1995) (240x180 MPEG 1.4M)
  4. Columbia's Rollout at the Pad - Big (STS-75 - 1/29/1996) (320x240 MPEG 2.3M)
  5. Columbia's Rollout at the Pad (STS-75 - 1/29/1996) (240x180 MPEG 892K)
  6. TSS installed in Columbia at the Pad (STS-75 - 1/31/1996) (240x180 MPEG 403K)
  7. STS-75 Crew at TCDT photo session (STS-75 - 2/1/1996) (240x180 MPEG 628K)
  8. TSS deployer animation (STS-75 - 2/21/1996) (240x180 MPEG 358K)
  9. TSS satellite animation (STS-75 - 2/21/1996) (240x180 MPEG 955K)
  10. TSS satellite animation - Big (STS-75 - 2/21/1996) (240x180 MPEG 2.8M)
  11. STS-75 Crew at breakfast (STS-75 - 2/22/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1.6M)
  12. STS-75 Crew suit-up (STS-75 - 2/22/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1.8M)
  13. STS-75 Crew walkout (STS-75 - 2/22/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1M)
  14. STS-75 Crew boarding (STS-75 - 2/22/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1.8M)
  15. STS-75 Launch with Countdown Clock (STS-75 - 2/22/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1.1M)
  16. STS-75 Launch - Big (STS-75 - 2/22/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1.9M)
  17. TSS satellite departing from Columbia (STS-75 - 2/25/1996) (240x180 MPEG 235K)
  18. TSS deployer after satellite departure (STS-75 - 2/25/1996) (240x180 MPEG 954K)
  19. STS-75 landing at the SLF (STS-75 - 3/9/1996) (240x180 MPEG 1.3M)
  20. Next Launch Movies (STS-76)

And the specific video was from day 5 as you can read in the official NASA report/blog.
science.ksc.nasa.gov...

After its connecting cable seperated from Columbia last night, the Tethered Satellite is trailing the Shuttle at a distance of more than 3,000 nautical miles this morning.

search for the word "Tether" in that page.

Here also is some official NASA footage of the tether break (note how the videos are so small...its a conspiracy!)

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by warrenb]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

You want official sources for the videos?

as I posted earlier www.abovetopsecret.com...

Google is a great tool

laziness is no excuse, but anyways

here you go
science.ksc.nasa.gov...

You found one of those videos that matched the OP? Please tell us which one -- or are we expected to spend hours viewing them all on your say-so?

Why would that 'ufo fleet' video be on Flight Day 5? I see no connection between the video and the tether break event. Please illuminate my ignorance and reorder my confusion on this.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You still haven't debunked any of the UFO's from the video in the OP....

You also seem to think that we (or I) know the date and time that this video's contents were recorded - What would make you think this?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Geez Jim if you didn't have so much venom and bitterness in your words people might actually listen to you.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
Geez Jim if you didn't have so much venom and bitterness in your words people might actually listen to you.

Yeah, that's one of the "Top Ten Excuses" for never providing checkable UFO evidence -- "the skeptics are so-o-o-o-o-o nasty...."

What makes you such an easy mark for that nonsense? Free yourself. Believers will resent you -- don't let it hurt your feelings.

Come on over to the light side! I - am - your -- fa... [uh, no... better stay away from there...].

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Jimbo, Courtesy is now mandatory on ATS - even for skeptics and debunkers...

'To engage in stimulating, topical discussion we must minimize the disruption caused by off-topic digressions, and insults or other forms of personal commentary are always off-topic. '
- Majic (Super Moderator)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join