It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MJ-12 document - Best Proof? Or Fake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Came across this this morning
www.earthfiles.com...

1954 SOM1-01 Training Manual
and Challis, Idaho, Huge Triangle

What to do with dead EBE if you find one

[edit on 5/29/2009 by BlackProjects]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thought there would be more interest in this..
Now if I stumble across a dead alien I now know what to do

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Real or not, it is quite an interesting read

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I kinda wish it was real too, but the letters it is written in, looks to modern to be from 1954...

But cool thing to read tho

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The general problem with this Wood stuff is that it always seems to exist in a vacuum. They just came out of nowhere, referring to other documents nobody has ever seen. There's nothing or no one to verify them. So they could be authentic, or they could be disinformation to obfuscate the real story, whatever that may be, or they could be a leak tracking document used to root out spies during the Cold War, or whatever. Who knows?

It's also suspicious that it's so much of a "dream come true" document for UFO researchers, and lays out almost the entire UFO mythology in just a few pages. Highly unlikely.

Of course, the biggest problem with them is that they are from an anonymous source. Which means that combined with the above, they're essentially useless.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by noroman
I kinda wish it was real too, but the letters it is written in, looks to modern to be from 1954...

I believe they're showing a re-creation of the document that was done later. It would be nice to see the originals, though. Just for fun.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

nice find !

it's a very interesting story and very thought provoking. i am no expert in writing analysis but imo the way it is written does give it some credibility. the description of the Aliens , was intriguing.

i will have to agree with Nohup though there are too many unknowns to use this as the holy grail, but i will wait to hear other opinions on this

thanks for posting...starred & flag

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im not a skeptic but i have to say fake.
Documents yellow over time they do not turn red like the first page shows.
on page 3 there is a section where it is made to look like a type writter filled in the blank areas, If you have worked with an old typewritter you know that getting the alignment on the lines is hard. All the letters are perfectly above the line, the left/righ alignment is off in a few places but it is only done to make this look real. All in all this document looks like it was made yesterday. I have documents and letters from the 50s-60s. Some of them have been sitting in their envelopes for 90% of the time only taken out from time to time to show friends and none of them are in that good of condition. Page 11 looks like something nice made in windows word.
on page 8 under the press blackout section
c: it says to say the crashed UFOs are downed satellites. downed satellites in 1954? The first satellites was not launch untill 1955.

Can a man get a hoax tag?

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why would an MJ-12 classified document have to explain what MJ-12 is and the reasons for that classification??

If you need MJ-12 clearance to read the document, I think it unlikely you will not know what MJ-12 clearance is.

I call Hoax.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Shambles]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I believe they're showing a re-creation of the document that was done later. It would be nice to see the originals, though. Just for fun.

This is correct the originals first surfaced in March of 1994 so they are not exactly new like the thread title suggests.

From the article:

Retired McDonnell-Douglas aerospace engineer, Robert M. Wood, Ph.D., has intensely researched the SOM1-01 document that first appeared as 35mm black and white negative film in a package addressed to Don Berliner of the Fund for UFO Research in Maryland. The package was postmarked March 7, 1994 from LaCrosse, Wisconsin, and bore a return address of a pharmacy in LaCrosse. On the 35mm film were thirty-two pages of text and drawings and the fingers of whoever photographed the pages of the TOP SECRET/MAJIC classified manual.

The photos can be found here:

www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

It is still saying for the military to explain crashed UFOs as downed satellite at a time when there were no satellites in space at all. Sputnik 1
did not go into orbit untill October 1957 and this document is from 1954. So those originals do LOOK more convincing they are still fake.
Unless the same party that made this is going to make another one about MJ-12 and their time travel abilities.
I know someone is going to pipe up about the governent knew there would be satellites in the future so they wrote this to blah blah blah. This is fake.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

1954 SOM1-01 Training Manual
and Challis, Idaho, Huge Triangle

[edit on 5/29/2009 by BlackProjects]

Sputnik was launched in 1957...why would it mention Satellites as a cover story?

/edit - whoops...someone else saw what I saw above....disregard...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by kernalpanic]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
kernalpanic: scroll up

Top secret documents are normally numbered like
"page 1 of 30 or page __ of __ " so if the last page is missing you know that a top secret document is missing a page. They are not numbered 1,2,3,4...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
The photos can be found here:

Thanks. Now I remember them. They're interesting, but the same criticism still applies. Without any kind of context or source, they're pretty useless except for amusement. Maybe they're all true. Without the ability to verify them, whoever "leaked" them didn't do anybody any favors. That strongly suggests hoax or disinformation.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
I know someone is going to pipe up about the governent knew there would be satellites in the future so they wrote this to blah blah blah. This is fake.

Actually they did know about them, the satellite program started in 1954..

The U.S. Earth satellite program began in 1954 as a joint United States Army and United States Navy proposal, called Project Orbiter, to put a scientific satellite into orbit during the International Geophysical Year. However, this proposal was rejected in 1955 by the Eisenhower administration in favor of the U.S. Navy's Project Vanguard.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The press blackout deceptive statements area mentions downed satellites as a possible answer. Sputnik was not launched until 1957, and the satellite program was highly secret until the launch. I would say this document is a hoax, based on that rather large mistake. A person preparing the hoax would not think twice about the possibility of the old satellite program being classified.

It would never have been mentioned to be a cover story in 1954.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Its not Top Secret.

Its not real.

So its a misuse of Top Secret for some reason.

So perhaps there was an over top secret reason for the report.
I think we all know that reason.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
On page 11, it mentions Area 51 and S-4. Construction of the Groom Lake facility didn't begin until April 1955 and it wasn't called Area 51 until after June 1958. The whole "S-4" story was a creation of Bob Lazar in the late 1980s. Definitely bogus.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

I understand that there was an IDEA of doing a satallite program in 1954 but the document says to blame a UFO crash on something that was not in existance yet.
It would be like blamming UFOs on a product of cold fusion fusion power plants, it is being worked on but DOES NOT EXIST!
This is a hoax get over it

but if you believe that then you will believe this

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

A document entitled "SOM1-01: Extraterrestrial Entities and Technology, Recovery and Disposal" (ref. 209.132.68.98...) and found on www.majesticdocuments.com contains paragraphs with subheads set in the sans serif "Helvetica" typeface. The document purports to be from 1954 yet the typeface in question was first designed in 1957 by the Swiss graphic designer, Max Miedinger.

What's the deal with all these top secret government ufo groups time travelling into the future to type up their reports with typefaces that don't exist yet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join