It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sotomayors 'La Raza' called Latino KKK

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by muzik

I know first-hand of illegal immigrant Mexicans harassing women on the street. My friends and I have actually had to be called to beat up these guys one time. One of the guys tried to stab me in the shoulder but didn't even leave any marks. Another time I saw a drunken Mexican rough up a young teenage girl on the street. I mean, he actually slammed her against the wall. My best guess is that she wouldn't put out and she didn't think that she could run away. These guys are not coming here to make friends with the "gringos" they are just looking out for themselves, and maybe their families.

what a goof! Are you saying some drunk fools on the corner whoopin at a few girls is the standard for all mexican immigrants? I hardly think so.. come on. I am definitely for restricting immigration and NOT giving illegal immigrants handouts but this is just pure racism/prejudice. People that talk like this have no clue how neanderthal they make themselves look.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The paranoia and hate rhetoric of those that are anti illegal aliens (Hispanics) is what is biting them in the butt, and alienating those that might otherwise listen to what hey have to say rather than taking offence.

I agree but please use your terms correctly. Not all "Hispanics" are illegal aliens. For example my family has lived in Southern Colorado for over 40 generations. I know you think that's alot but the town where I am from was settled in the late 16th century.. at that time Boston and NYC were villages. My family is of hispanic origin but we are by no means immigrant or illegal. Before you start to talk about a subject like this please get your facts straight and refer to the Illegal Immigrants as what they are generally - Mexicans, Hondurans and Guatemalans. Hispanic is a stupid term in my mind but nonetheless there are MANY people here in the US west/southwest who are of a Spanish origin and they have a deeper, longer history than most American citizens.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
there are MANY people here in the US west/southwest who are of a Spanish origin and they have a deeper, longer history than most American citizens.

That statement looks alot like the one made by Sotomayer herself. I'm sure you didn't mean to say that non-spanish orginating american citizens just pop up out of the ground like weeds, without any ancestry or a deep history of our own, right?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by 27jd]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Spanish speaking people of the South West United States absolutely with out a doubt have a longer history in the area than any European.... What does this have to do with the woman of Puerto Rican extraction that has been appointed to the Supreme Court..... Any time anything that is even loosely associated with a surname of Spanish origin is posted , the racist and haters start spewing venom.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The Spanish speaking people of the South West United States absolutely with out a doubt have a longer history in the area than any European....

Who said anything about "in the area"? That wasn't mentioned in either post. And you can call me racist all you want, you're one too, everybody seems to be racist, guess it's just human nature. Some people try so hard to find moral high ground, they get so worked up they actually become racist against their own race in favor of every other. But it's still racism.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by kronos11
there are MANY people here in the US west/southwest who are of a Spanish origin and they have a deeper, longer history than most American citizens.

That statement looks alot like the one made by Sotomayer herself. I'm sure you didn't mean to say that non-spanish orginating american citizens just pop up out of the ground like weeds, without any ancestry or a deep history of our own, right?

That is definitely not what Im saying. It is absolute fact that there were well established settlements throughout the southwest US (Colorado, Texas, NM, California) when the first explorers and fur trappers made their way across the Rocky Mountains in the early 1800s. as I said the town my father is from was founded in the 1580s. This does not have any relation to what Sotomayer is saying. I am merely establishing that NOT ALL hispanics(people of Spanish origin mixed with something else usually black or native american) are illegal immigrants or even immigrants for that matter.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

Oh, alrighty. I agree with that, I just thought you were saying that white people had a lack of culture, which seems to be a misconception many have. Thanks for clearing it up.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Oh, alrighty. I agree with that, I just thought you were saying that white people had a lack of culture, which seems to be a misconception many have. Thanks for clearing it up.

No problem at all... I tend to believe that most people no matter what race or general makeup have something of great worth to offer.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Not Mexican immigrants, illegal immigrants. Go shoot your racist card somewhere else.

In some areas, illegal immigrants are responsible for more than 50% of outstanding warrants, and in yet other areas illegal immigrants compose more than 50% of gang membership.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Not Mexican immigrants, illegal immigrants. Go shoot your racist card somewhere else.

do you even know what you're saying or responding to? im serious... what racist card are you referring to exactly?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Sotomayor used 'wise latina' line repeatedly

Interesting. It wasn't a one time slip of the tongue.
She said it. She means it. And she said it effects her judging.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You were saying that my descriptions of the people I've encountered was a blanket statement about Mexican immigrants in general.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

reply to post by muzik

I know first-hand of illegal immigrant Mexicans harassing women on the street. My friends and I have actually had to be called to beat up these guys one time. One of the guys tried to stab me in the shoulder but didn't even leave any marks. Another time I saw a drunken Mexican rough up a young teenage girl on the street. I mean, he actually slammed her against the wall. My best guess is that she wouldn't put out and she didn't think that she could run away. These guys are not coming here to make friends with the "gringos" they are just looking out for themselves, and maybe their families.

Just a quick question:

How do you know who's legal and who isn't?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join