It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sotomayors 'La Raza' called Latino KKK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Sheer propaganda. La Raza has been around for a VERY long time. They are an advocacy group for Latinos. It's no different that any other citizens rights group(except that it's latino, the "villain" of today).

Go back and look up the info. This is nothing other than an attempt to villify Sotomayer.

This may be true but a white belonging to any "white" group wouldn't get away with it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
I suggest, for what good it may do, that people write their reps in federal government and inform them of these issues. La Raza is clearly racist, her comment about Latin woman's experience being superior is clearly racist. The fact that Obama wants her means she's a puppet.

The media obviously plays the issue without substance or common sense. Help your reps see through this. I think a lot of them are still unhappy with their situation and relationship with the fed. The need input.

And really her experience is rather narrow. She doesn't have a broad base of experience or she would have never made such an intellectually immature comment.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Sheer propaganda. La Raza has been around for a VERY long time. They are an advocacy group for Latinos. It's no different that any other citizens rights group(except that it's latino, the "villain" of today).

Go back and look up the info. This is nothing other than an attempt to villify Sotomayer.

The KKK is an advocacy group for whites and have been around for a very long time. You wouldn't want a member of that group sitting as a Supreme Court Judge.

The difference? La Raza does not have a history of being bigoted, murdering racists.

This is true but we live in a political climate that brands race aware whites of any strip as racist; all others rascal advocacy groups are justified.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”

This woman does not realize how much she has set back the civil rights movement in America with this one racist statement.

She does not possess the judicial discipline needed for the Supreme Court of our nation.

Yet our Congress will bow to the will of Obama. Shame on them.

She is the hispanic equivalent of David Duke.

All at the expense of white males. It will soon be that if you can go out of your way to wipe your feet on the backs of the white male you wont be considered politically viable.

Where is Holder with all of his "honest talk"about race in America? This is not honest talk but blather, sexist mainly and racist. Stupid and ignorant lack of prospective and understanding of the white male.

Elevating herself above white males just becouse they are white. What a crazy bigot.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I compared one racist group to another racist group.

You are the one that said that you can't compare the two because one has murdered in the past.

I take from that, that it is okay being racist as long as I don't murder anybody.

You can take from that all you want. That's not what was said. You are falling victim of propaganda.

Think about it-why exactly do you think they specifically chose the KKK to compare them to? Because the KKK is known as one of the most radical groups in american history, and it conjures up images of hatred.

You are doing it for them-well played.

You are simply trying to narrow the premise which is a typical propaganda tactic.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
She's in, like it or not. The funny thing is that all these tight ass conservatives are angry simply because she is a latina, let alone a woman. Regardless of what her professional history is, she's with "them". The only color everyone really cares about is GREEN. At the end of the day, while all the news channels play the debates of if she is a racist or not, there is still 2 wars, a falling economy, and a continuing slavery among all of us in the US....but thats not important,,,,the only thing thats important is that white folks feel threatened by the minority pres and judge. (sarcasm) It boils down to this: the minorities are dipping into the cookie jar that was preserved for the white folks in this country for centuries.

This post says it all.

No, she is a sexist anti white elitist bigot the other parts are of no concern. You need to give whites a break and take off your colored glasses here.

And even white overall are sick of the cookie jar types. Whites are sick of white honey dippers.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We need to stand against the racist piece of crap getting into the SCOTUS in any way we can. She makes me sick, and has NO business on any bench. I'm sure it's been said a hundred times on this thread, and i'll make it a hundred and one....if a white person said ANYTHING remotely close to what she said, they would be dropped from the nomination in nano seconds.

Did anybody see that ass hat from La Raza on CNN last night? I wanted to reach through the TV and gouge out his eyes. He outright said people had BETTER watch what they say about her, and that everybody naturally focuses on the advancement of their own race first. Really? Not if you're white, there are affirmative action laws that prohibit us from advancing our own race first.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
hence, this thread is frivolous.

Uh .. no.

The guy may or may not be worthless ... but that doesn't matter.
The FACT is .. he's right on this one.
Sotomayor said what she said.
The group she belongs to is racist and anti-American.

Those are the facts ... and they aren't frivolous.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
He is an IDIOT, COWARD and a RACIST .... So when he says La Raza is like the KKK...well, you know what I think of his opinion.

And what do you think of the FACTS about the racist and sexist statements made by Sotomayor ... and the racist and anti-American group she chairs?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I am not advoacting for her in any way. I am simply saying that calling La Raza the "Latino KKK" is ignorant fear-mongering at it's best. La Raza does a LOT of good work.

^^Agreed. I happen to have an extra bit of knowledge regarding La Raza the concept and La Raza the actual organization. La Raza the concept is based on an ancient prophecy from the Aztec calendar which claims that after the coming of the Whites(Spaniards/Cortez) there would be born a new race on the planet which had never existed before, this race(mestizos or the present day latino population) would be the legendary cosmic race of the planet and would raise the mythic land of Aztlan (present day southwest US/Mexico area). This mestizo race is referred to as the cosmic race because they supposedly contain the trace genetics of every race on earth. This is the core concept of La Raza and nothing more. It has no exclusionary features for those who are NOT of the race. Its simply a rights group that piggy backed on this concept.

Beyond jumping behind immigrant causes the organization is relatively harmless and it's directives/aims have nothing to with racial cleansing or genocide. The notion that it has any likeness to the KKK is an ignorant, knee-jerk response.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by kronos11]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i dont know if this really has too much to do with what your talking about but here in new mexico and the surrounding area la raza and brown pride are the same thing on the streets there a gang aligned with the surenos and in the penn they are a clique, surprisingly, not aligned with the mexican mafia. see there is a misinterpretation on that situation. sur (ussually short for sureno, in english southerner) can also mean southern united raza because they arent a part of the original southern california movement. but this southern united raza, which in new mexico is quite a strong orginization, encompasses the GANG la raza, sureno thirteen, south side thirteen, brown pride, and loosely is the loco cliques (i.e westside locos old skool, westside mafia, eastside locos old skool, and in the penn 505, and even in some cases the nortenos) making them one of the strongest though loose knit criminal orginizations in the southwest. are these two la razas the same? maybe not but im sure alot of the criminal element supports the political and wouldnt be surprised if in some cases vice versa.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The group that Sotomayor belongs to does not espouse racist doctrine...the posters that said this are right, but the fact is that alot of members of this group do also belong to a secondary racist group known as MECha.that is probably where all the controversy with la raza stems from. This group does espouse racist ideas, believes it is their birthright to take back, by force if need be, the entire southwestern united states.They believe our schoolchildren should be made to honor and observe Mexican holidays,and they do use the motto "por la raza todo, fuera de la raza nada"...but not as an official motto. sure, they have some disturbing members who should not have been allowed to speak in public on their behalf, but who does'nt ? Rush limbaugh and Joe biden would only be 2 current examples of a long crop of strange mutterings tied to any one of a number of parties, groups, or movements.That has got to be some kind of list.

I, personally, would like to give the benefit of the doubt to any group who has some extremist views.It does make it hard, however, to not think there may be some strong connections when the group in question does not come down hard and heavy on the offenders, ranks are always best censured from within.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
La Raza was about helping Latino families in the US prosper last time I checked. Not sure where the KKK thing came from, probably just because it is a new democrat judge so the repubs get into a fizzle over it...
silly silly silly

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzik

I know first-hand of illegal immigrant Mexicans harassing women on the street. My friends and I have actually had to be called to beat up these guys one time. One of the guys tried to stab me in the shoulder but didn't even leave any marks. Another time I saw a drunken Mexican rough up a young teenage girl on the street. I mean, he actually slammed her against the wall. My best guess is that she wouldn't put out and she didn't think that she could run away. These guys are not coming here to make friends with the "gringos" they are just looking out for themselves, and maybe their families.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

People like you are the reason why the rest of us that are against illegal imigration get a bad rap.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I guess I was supposed to be angry or something. Whatever you say.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The paranoia and hate rhetoric of those that are anti illegal aliens (Hispanics) is what is biting them in the butt, and alienating those that might otherwise listen to what hey have to say rather than taking offence.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Of course we're "anti illegal immigrant", every american who doesn't make money exploiting them, and every immigrant who came here the right way, should be. Our system isn't set up to handle unlimited numbers of people, nor is it a good thing when somebody can come here anonymously, commit any crime they so choose, and melt back into mexico comfortable in the knowledge they won't be sent back to the US if by some off chance we were able to ID them. Anybody who cries about the rights of criminal trespassers, is likely a racist with hispanic origins who feels skin color trumps the good of society as a whole, or just a bleeding heart who doesn't live in an area heavily affected by illegal immigration. Even the bleeding hearts here in Phoenix where i live recognize the problem cuz it's right in their faces everyday. We're now the kidnapping capitol of the country, thanks to the cartels, who drive around here in big trucks with their cartel names plastered all over them, flying it in our faces.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can see where you are coming from. It is much like what Mexico has been dealing with for hundreds of years of criminals of European lineage looting, robbing, killing them, taking over their resources and land..... Damn, it looks like they are modelling after us, doesn't it? Except on a much smaller scale.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Yeah, and if they were stronger they could have repelled them, and sent the European conquerors back to where they came. But they didn't, and now this land is the USA, and has been for a long time, the ball is in OUR court now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join