It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to the People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I posted something a kin to this on another thread, but i felt so compelled to share my feelings on this, that i would post this as a letter to the people. Any replies would be fantastic.....who will stand.

It is an unfortunate state that "We the People" are in. It troubles me that the current state of affairs of our government has been allowed to become what it has, but what are we as a country to do?

We cannot sit by idly by while this government becomes an oppression on the people it was designed to serve and protect.

The greed and special interests of those charged to look after the well being of this country has reached a breaking point. Whether you are liberal or conservative, republican or democrat, it no longer matters, this encompasses all and dissolves all party lines.

Gone are the days when we could battle it out over left and right, liberal or conservative. We are fast becoming a nation when having these two sides was a luxury. Now we have to chose to stand together so that our children and grand children will have the opportunities we were afforded.

But in the aftermath there is always hope, should the time come we have to stand once again as our forefathers did against tyranny and oppression , we will, and we will prevail, because deep within us we know its the very future of our way of life we wish to pass on to the next generation. It is in our blood,it is our responsibility,it is what we were charged with by our founding fathers as Americans, to rise when we are called upon to do so.

"In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock"

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

both quotes by Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I completely agree with you! Too bad that when you talk to most people about this crap, they look at you like you have a 3rd eye or something.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
lol this is true. like you said in your other post though, its mostly because it hasnt really hit home with them yet, i just fear that when it does, it will be too late.

The problem we face is that many people dont open their eyes to the whole picture of whats going on, we seem to see things in bits and pieces and not connect them, its when you put the little single pieces together, that you begin to see this huge picture that threatens the very foundation of our United States.

This isnt something that just started with this administration, its been an ongoing thing for a long time. I believe its just this administration that is following through with the end game.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The way I see things happening is people will keep eating the crap shoveled down their throats until TPTB take the shovel away, and people are left to fend for themselves.

That's when things will get bloody.

Just wait until the shelves at Walmart are empty

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Funny, I just replied in another thread about a dream I had just before the election. Me and Obama were in a courthouse, or some kind of government building greeting senators with a Nazi salute. This dream left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and a bitter feeling in my stomach needless to say. I like the quote from Thomas Jefferson by the way, friggin' awesome.

As I had mentioned before, the only answer to this situation...is war. If we don't rise up and take back our nation, then I'm sorry...we must fall to a foreign invader. The way the trend is going that is exactly what will happen soon enough. So be it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I agree, we are headed down a path right now .....it CAN be avoided but we must stand up, the people of this great country have to make their voices heard, we have to let them know in washington that they must stop. Otherwise it will come to the ultimate.

This attitude of "You cant stop these guys anyway" is what kills us as a people. Whether you think it is futile or not, at the least you can look back and say i "DID" something, when others would not.

new topics

top topics

join