It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Vibrations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Does anyone know anything about this happening before modern technology? I've heard of this being common with OBEs but I've only heard of this happening in modern times.
If anyone here doesn't know what I mean by sleep vibrations then this phenomenon happens while the body is asleep and the mind is still conscious which causes the person to be in sleep paralysis. The vibrations can be very intense and painful or weak. The vibrations can also be felt in different part of the body. My head can feel like a hornet is trapped in it while I'm completely unaware of the rest of my body vibrating. It is also usually accompanied with the ability to apparently see through your eyelids.
Anyway I was wondering what causes this to happen. Could it be possible that electromagnetic fields are causing this? This sounds kind of stupid now I think about it but I might as well ask now and get this off my chest. Could it be a higher awareness of your physical body as it's constantly vibrating and moving? I heard of this being described as a seizure. What do you think of this? Is there any evidence that it's caused by a mental or physical problem? I've had this experience quite a few times and I haven't experienced bad this it apart from being slightly paranoid while in the state after doing it for a while. I also find it helps keep me calm during sleep paralysis.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I've read that its something to do with the different brain wave frequencies that occur in deep sleep (beta, theta etc, sorry I'm no expert!) and apparently when in sleep paralysis, focus10, body-asleep-mind-awake (call it what you will), these vibrations are the beginings of an astral projection. Although not many people get past this stage as, like you say, it can be quite freaky.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
HI, i have a brain wave audio file that induces vibrations
i use it a lot just listen to it on ur mp3 player in bed before u go to sleep and i promise u will fell vibrations after 5 mins or so.
when the vibrations get quite strong u can feel displaced from ur physical body and use tequnequs like a roll out techneque to astral project. like imagine ur rollung over. i dont have Instant messeinger but i can email the file to u
[email protected] im online now

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes. The vibrations are what herald the spiritual seperation from the body. It's been a long time since I read about APs, so I can't remember if they say what exactly causes the vibrations. From what I understand all that is known is that when they come, this is the point where you may now lift out of your body.

Re: the roll technique -

I never had much success with that. I always found it easier to simply say to myself "Ok now..up..go up" and to will yourself upwards, it usually works, but sometimes your body just WONT go up, or will only go part way out and stop.

APing is very strange. And so much of it is still a mystery. All we really have to go on are a few assorted books (of all the 'supernatural' phenomena, AP is probably one of the least written about), and only a couple of them any good (Robert Monroes comes to mind), and the individual stories told here and there from those who have experienced it.

I'm of the opinion that most people who dream they are flying are really experiencing an AP, only they don't realize it or simply wouldn't believe it for their own reasons, whether religious or because science can't 'prove' APs.

new topics

top topics

join