It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find New 'Ebola' Like Virus in Africa.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
-< LuJo >- The Lusaka/Johannesburg virus.

Hey, this is exactly what we need, a new and deadlier Ebole style virus.
Let us hope this one died out with these few people.

5 people in all were infected, 4 died, so that is an 8-10 ratio and we do not want this floating around.. Read Up !!

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522704,00.html]>> Source Link Fox News

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is getting abit wierd isnt it ? so much strange things going on around in the world..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wanna scare yourself silly?
Read 'The Coming Plague' By Laurie Garrett.
She wrote, indepth, about all these virus' and upcoming plagues.
Ebola was in the book. Chapter 6 was SWINE FLU.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
FlyersFan- spot on, re: The Coming Plague.

If you also read Barry's "The Great Influenza" there are terrific descriptions of hemmorhagic-like deaths in the most virulent form of the 1918 H1N1 strain- so much so that people thought it was a tropical disease (at the time, Ebola and others were either unknown or unclassified). Others became so cyanotic, they turned blueish black as they drowned in their own pulmonary fluid, and people thought it was plague.

These things tell us influenza can look like a whole host of infections.

Now- the question is: are we seeing influenza in Africa, acting like a hemmorhagic fever, and dismissing it as such because it's Africa; are we seeing a new emerging virus for the same reason we have a flu outbreak- overpopulation, global travel, no public health infrastructure, encroachment on ecosystems in which the vecotrs live, etc.; or, are we seeing a combination- a reassortment of the current strains of influenzas infecting a population who are vulnerable to both flu and a new virus? Could it be a chimera?

Any of these scenarios is troubling- and I wouldn't bet the farm on getting a clear answer from WHO. It's a shame Jonathon Mann is no longer with us- he'd have solved this in 3 weeks- and Anthony Fauci has been captured by CDC and FDA. Where's Josh Lederberg? If anyone finds his opinion, please post, as I will.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If i am not wrong
i am confident LuJo was isolated last year. Four people died and there was (i think) one survivor.

Still these arenaviruses are worrisome to us in South Africa. If you leave South African borders to upper Africa it comes with medication, well with most African countries some "backup" is required.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
We do have three new sicknesses now, SwineFlu, Lujo and Fear of Aids Disease in China..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I posted about this originally in October last year:
Link

It had a high death rate but luckily did not spread far.

On a related note, Ebola may potentially have a vaccine:
Link

top topics

join