It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another question for the pilots here. Regarding crash video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
(BTW this video is very graphic after crash or after 25 sec. Warning!)

www.liveleak.com...

In this video we can see the jet come right at the person holding the camera. The jet even strikes something(wasn't able to make it out) as its coming in with the tip of its left wing.

While watching this, I can imagine that this would be almost exactly like what you would of witnessed as f77 flew at 535mph, at ground level, into the pentagon.

My question is how fast do you think this jet is travelling past the camera as it comes in for its crash landing? 500mph? 600 mph? Seems to me to be moving at a very high rate of speed.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
What does this video have to do with 911?
There is nothing to compare with this plane crash.
I think you wanted everyone to see the decapitated bodies. I wish I had not seen this video, it is very disturbing to say the least.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Don't know the speed but that mushroom cloud looks like it should be compared to Flight 93's.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
here is a better angle of the same jet:

www.liveleak.com...

It is nothing like the 'Pentagon event' at all. Speed is not that fast as
the jet seems to be 'stalling' as it passes the trees.

Not sure how a fighter jet and commerical airliner would compare
aerodynamically in any case?

The smoke is also much darker than UA93, and has a continuous billow
of cloud as the fuel continues to burn.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by turbofan]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

You know it was a very simple question. Ill repeat it for you Turbofan. How fast do you think the jet was moving when it flies past the camera man?

For you and anyone else who thinks this looks nothing like the Pentagon event..Noted, but I didn't ask. I see a aircraft coming in low clipping something with its wing and coming into contact with the ground at almost a perfectly level flight. I said to me, it is what I would IMAGINE what the witnesses might of seen as f77 flew into the pentagon at 535 mph at ground level.

After watching that those other shots I see he comes in a little steeper than I originally thought but either way my only reason for posting the thread is to see what the speed of the aircraft was as it passed by the camera (approx) by someone who may be qualified to say so. I'm just looking for a idea 200 to 300mph or 400 to 500mph?

Also you could point me in the direction of a video with a jet moving past a stationary camera at around 500mph.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillresearchn911
My question is how fast do you think this jet is travelling past the camera as it comes in for its crash landing? 500mph? 600 mph? Seems to me to be moving at a very high rate of speed.

This accident was at an airshow in Ukraine a number of years ago. The SU-27 severely miscalculated the altitude required to pull out of a dive for a low-altitude pass.

The speed would be nothing like your guess of 500 or 600 knots. The nose-high attitude of the aircraft shows the pilot was attempting to get the nose back up, and in the video linked by "turbofan" you can see condensation developing on top of the wings briefly, indicating areas of compressed, high pressure air which is further indication the pilot was trying to get the aircraft to arrest its descent.

The main difference with AA77 is that at that point or shortly thereafter, the Sukuoi was ballistic - a 50,000 lb piece of metal traveling through the air with little aerodynamic qualities. At the first impact with the tail of another parked aircraft at the airshow, it completely departed any semblance of whatever controlled flight remained and crashed. AA77 was in controlled flight all the way up to impact with the Pentagon.

Speed estimate? Somewhere between 250 and 300 knots, I'd wager, with a slight nod more towards the 300 number.

Edited to correct aircraft - SU-27 vice Mig 29

[edit on 29-5-2009 by trebor451]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillresearchn911You know it was a very simple question. Ill repeat it for you Turbofan. How fast do you think the jet was moving when it flies past the camera man?

Sorry 911, I didn't have my RADAR gun turned on when I saw this
the first time. I'll agree with Trebor (for once) that the speed is somewhere
in the area of 250 knots; even slower.

Having filmed several race cars moving at 300+ MPH from within 100-200
feet, the jet in the video is absolutely not flying at 500+ MPH.

Also you could point me in the direction of a video with a jet moving past a stationary camera at around 500mph.

I'll do you one better. I'll show you a car moving past me at 200 MPH,
and I'll see about finding a jet video at the speed you requested.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here are 4 different perspectives:

Taken from grand stands, maybe 500 feet away, and up high. Camera
pans and is still not able to keep object in frame. Car is moving about
250 MPH at this point down the track:
www.youtube.com...

Car is moving at about 100-150 MPH when passing camera man,
just before shutting off motor. Camera pans and zooms which does
not emphasize speed:
www.youtube.com...

From about 50 feet behind car. Dragster is moving at about 100 MPH
at first throttle shut off, just before camera begins to zoom in:
www.youtube.com...

~ 50 feet away from track, car passes camera man at about
200 MPH (probably the best example):
www.youtube.com...

Jet videos: 2 fast, 1 slow. Not sure of speed, but you'll get the idea.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

ETA: jet vids

[edit on 29-5-2009 by turbofan]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillresearchn911

Still,

Blue Angel high speed pass during Fleet Week in San Fran. Since it is over water (as opposed to a land-based airshow) the pilot can get the speed up a bit. This pass is just sub-sonic (.95-.98 mach), at around 600 kts (disregard the comments for that video that say the pass was at 350 or 400 knots).

Blue Angel 600 knot pass

I think comparisons with the Ukraine mishap are clear, re: speed.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

The mushroom cloud is much darker then flight 93's. and i agree with the one response that this was just horrible and i wish i had never seen it. it was going way slower then what you would think it was. and it has no relevance to really anything except how unfortunate airshows can be.

top topics

join