It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly religious base on ATS = a conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've been here for years, and one of the most puzzling things to me is all the religious people who post here. Sure, in some respects, religion is just begging to be called a conspiracy, but it took me by surprise none the less.

I don't mind that we have a forum for religious conspiracies. My only complaint is that I wish that it would stay focused on conspiracies and quit becoming more about general religious discussion.

For example, there's a huge difference between discussing if there are hidden messages in the bible and having a debate about which apostle was jesus's favorite.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I posted this in the other thread you made about this topic. You seem to have ignored it there, so I'll say it again here.

Seems to me the general problem is when people aren't respectful towards other peoples beliefs and opinions. They wish to put down and keep anyone who goes against their beliefs from speaking. We can see religion after religion doing this throughout history.

But how are you different? Same stuff, different beliefs. Same collectivism and seeing people in terms of groups rather than individuals and so on.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Exactly, everyone has unique beliefs. How is the OP any better than those fanatic religious people who do not like non believers, if the OP is telling everyone that his belief is better and that he is above other people with different beliefs, ( e.g in another thread the op mentions how scientists should "cure" these other people with beliefs he does not agree with)

[edit on 31-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
These threads and forums are a great tool for knowing generally how much people have their minds open, those closed, and and those who think their minds are open but actually closed.

There are no religious and non-religious, only truth-seekers and the lazy. I am not religious but not anti-religion, I am pro-truth! I am in both sides, religious and not, just to see for myself what actually works. I've lived both Christian and Atheist but neither found the truth in both yet. This is what we should be, not be quick on criticizing things we hardly know about!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Respecting others as individuals takes the best and brightest minds.
Many people are too insecure to do that.
And there are many self appointed uniters of all religions
or self appointed destroyers of all religions.
Both extremists believe they are superior when actually
they are missing out on the great buffet of life.
And this buffet analogy holds up-who wants to eat the same thing all the time?
Most everyone loves the diversity of a buffet.

When you can relax and accept people as individuals,
you are certainly
moving towards the higher levels of spiritual realization.
I am not implying that I do this all the time
but at least I know that this is the wisdom path.

One of the problems narrow-minded people have is
they make snap judgments about topics such as religion with little depth and knowledge.
They are like the deluded person who goes to a John Tesh concert then thinks all music is bad because Tesh sucked.
Same as the person who makes snap judgments about art based on Norman Rockwell paintings
or a shallow Andy Warhol corporate/celebrity painting.
There is so much to explore in music, art and religion
that if you close yourself off to any of these
then you live a stunted life with a bad case of mental poverty.

Curiosity is the fuel for a joyful life.
And with today's technology there's no excuse to prevent exploration.
Unfortunately some limited people only listen to corporate received music
and don't have the high level of intelligence it takes to explore
all the world's music, art and religion.
Being limited to only Christianity and atheism
is like being limited in music to only Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones.

What about Buddhism, Native American reverence for life, Transcendentalism, Bon Shamanism, Dzogchen,, Jainism, Hinduism,
Krishnamurti?... to name a few.

Most Christians are not even close to the level of spiritual understanding and loving compassion that Jesus was at.
Therefore they really need to stop
distorting his message with their low level hate and intolerance.
I can understand why so many people become atheists
because they hear these hate-mongering perversions of the loving message of Jesus.
Jesus message of kindness towards the poor and love toward all has nothing to do with the con the church power trippers perform to hoard money and live in luxury.
Martin Luther King Jr. at least had some spiritual understanding of the truth Jesus spoke of.
That's why Jesus and Martin Luther King Jr. get holidays and narrow-minded distorters of the message of Christ get angry, unhappy faces and we psychically kick them in the ass when we see them on the news.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is just another attempt for the OP to rant and rave about religion after his other post got moved to BTS.

If you don't like it, then don't participate in religous threads. Simple really, who cares if you don't understand them. I'm sure they don't understand you either. Just because you don't find it as truth doesn't mean that it isn't the truth.

I'm neither for religion or against it. I find it ignorant that anybody can say for a fact that there is or isn't a God. Nobody will know the truth until we die.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I see a tendency of some to try and force their beliefs and opions on others,I see the OP has his own opinion and thinks that everyone should believe what he believes,he says to deny ignorance,isn't discussing something you have no or little information a form of ignorance?,perhaps he should think out before hitting the keyboard,everyone is entitled to their beliefs,just because I have a theory doesn't neccisarly mean it's true,one needs the facts,guessing is not factual just another opinion

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Maybe it is because most Americans believe in God?Can't go but a few blocks before seeing a church.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I believe in God but certainly am not out to convert any ATS members,but I will say it effects my political views at times perhaps that is why it comes up with others also.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join