It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOA Asks Vet to Remove Marine Corps Bumper Stickers or Else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Granted, this is a Fox News story, but I found it interesting nevertheless...

HOA Asks Vet to Remove Marine Bumper Stickers or Else

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed. Otherwise, the homeowners association...says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.

I guess not even a Veteran's home is his castle anymore.

Does this seem overly abusive and just downright silly to anyone else?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Most homeowners association bosses are power hungry scum.

IMO they should abolish that kind of thing... or better yet, DON'T SIGN UP in the first place.

But even if they are scum, they can't do what they want if it's unconstitutional, and that, IT IS.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That's what happens when you don't read the deed restrictions before you buy a house. Psychos write those things.

Damn Yard Nazis

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can't understand why anyone would want to live in a place with even more big brother rules and regulations.
Don't they get enough from the government? I know this guy's a vet but he agreed to abide by the rules when he bought there and the rules are for everyone including vets.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is a very common problem. HOA's decrease the value of homes in my opinion. Kiss all your freedom goodbye if you are a member of of one.....

This happened to a co-worker of mine. His job required him to be on call with his company vehicle on standby at all times. Since the vehicle had a commercial sign on it, his HOA said he could no longer park it on his own property nor in the community. When he pointed to several neighbors vehicles with various gun logo stickers, teenage clothing brands, and racing gear ad stickers etc, as to why they were not being told to remove them, he was told it did not apply to them due to them being only consumer decals.

Well he had to get rid of his company vehicle, and now parks it in a private high ceiling storage garage. But for retaliation he had a 3 foot in diameter decal made with a picture of a hand shooting the middle finger and under that it reads......"Not Commercial Signage!" on his personal vehicle. The HOA can't do anything about that now........even as his personal vehicle sits visible from the entrance of the community.

It is almost impossible to buy a decent home that is not in an HOA now.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Unmask The Deception]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm from the UK , but I think I have to say sometimes,

Even having a sticker like that is enough of a deterrent to would be burglars. If you see a sticker supporting the marine corps then the would be burglar might think " Uh-oh He may be a veteran marine or even a gun nut, I'd better not go to that area".

Don't these power hungry idiots realise this?

I live in a block here n London and we have the same issue with our 'commitee' they are power hungry ( well one is and she's only the secretary but she has the loudest voice and is disliked by all)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Pretty disgusting, but that's how HOA's work. I've been thinking about HOA's for some reason, how they are like pre-conditioning for the NWO. All the ridiculous rules HOA's have are now coming from Big Brother and no one is doing a damn thing. People are so conditioned to living under someone else's rules they just deal with it. The concept of the HOA is a bit Orwellian, a few idiots with power over their neighbors reporting them if they don't like the color of their trash can or some other such idiotic nonsense. If people are willing to live under insane laws like HOA's implement it's not a stretch to get them to submit to worse, and since no one is fighting the government on the crap they are pulling I will hazard to guess this is a part of it. It's been going on so long people don't even realize how manipulated they are.

People actually willingly sign up with HOA's. That, to me, is insane, plain and simple. I could never do it.

I hope this guy is able to punch them back but if he signed a contract it's hard to fight. This is quite ridiculous, though, he can die for the country in the Marines yet can't have a few stickers on his car? Some gratitude we have for people who risk their lives for this country, most times(all?) in wars created by our great leaders and their overlords for their selfish gains.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It just sounds like a terrible management company for that HOA. The property manager should have seen something like that and brought it up to the board members.

I work for a property management company and know how things work with HOA. I have to say the Board of Directors for HOA's are a prefect example of the way our own goverment is ran. The President of the HOA gets all his friends in the association and people that he knows think his way, and get them to run for board positions. Then the board president does what ever she/he wants.

I do have to say though, that most home owners in associates, don't know there head from a hole in the ground. But that's because most of them have enough money that they don't have to know what's going, they pay people for that.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Its a wonder that the HOA even has room to drive the streets.

I would if i lives in that area of the country get a number of vets together and drive up and down the street till the HOA called the cops. and as soon as the cops left would be right back.

After a time the HOA would learn a lesson.

As for the deed restrictions most change as the leaders of the HOA change.

Many times when a new housing development sells the property there are few restrictions and as the people move into the homes the busybodies start adding new ones.

If you have problems with HOA the best way to stop them is to get elected to the HOA.

I have run into these busybodies at one area i lived in.

The area was zoned light agriculture light industrial and i had bought the place because of that.

After a few years a couple (from the big city)moved on the street that did not like that i worked on cars and welded on my property plus had mining equipment that i repaired and sold.

They went around the neighborhood and tried to get signatures to get the county to stop me.
Most of my neighbors had move to this area because they wanted to get away from the city next door and all there restrictions.

None of my neighbors would sign the petition plus most of them called me and told me about this couple.

Next this couple called me and told me they would sue me if i did not stop.

I told them i would sue them and the county under the Fifth Amendment's Takings Clause because i had the right to under the zoning law to use the property as i was using it.

They must have talked with a lawyer because they sold the place and moved.
And my new neighbor was a heavy equipment mechanic and operator that hired me when he needed help working on equipment.

www.cato.org...

when i live in Texas i found that most HOA were racist organizations to keep blacks hispanics and what the HOA called white trash(hard working whites blue-collar workers etc the other white trash could not afford the homes,) out of there neighborhoods.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ANNED]

new topics

top topics

join