It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves Masons too!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think those individuals quoted, are examples of people who fell victim to the rebellious will to power when they approached the revelation and the inevitable controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority.

God is not a creature or an agent. "God is spirit and truth who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth." God is also light (universal consciousness) and love (universal glue).

If there was a rebellion against the authority of God and a removal from his eternal presence, and if there are "powers and principalities, of this earth and in the heavens above" (St. Paul) who are at enmity with God and man, they can be safely ignored by the person who is committed to the golden rule and to the love of God.

Should there exist some sort of Satanic secret at the apex of freemasonry, it would nevertheless have to contend with the authority of God and the sovereignty of God. A house divided cannot stand. And of course the Christian knows that the strong man was bound and his treasure pilfered, leaving absolutely nothing.

So I say if there's a Satan lurking at the apex of universal freemasonry, then it is good that he is trapped and cornerned.. and may the love and grace of God almighty flow through the rest of the structure, again leaving him nothing.

I used to harbour fear and loathing against the idea or even the actual power of Satan, but not any more. Only an absolute fool would rebel against the throne of God which can never be usurped. So there is nothing to fear, and no power or principality, and no angel, no height nor depth, which can separate a person from the love of God through Jesus Christ.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Most of those quotes are fake, especially the Pike ones.

Any real ones would have to do with their own personal interpretation of things, which is something people are free to do, FreeMasonry makes no overt statements of religion, and each person chooses their own oath through it.

M74

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
May God bless you Freemasons, and if you're into a light that is a darkness (by presuming you can engineer your own salvation and secure an exclusive right to entrance into the "Celestial Lodge Above", may you find your way to the true light and love of God, and like the rest of us, work out your salvation in fear and trembling.

I find it funny how no one can seem to wrap their heads around this. Freemasonry does not preach/teach a salvation doctrine. Period.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think those individuals quoted, are examples of people who fell victim to the rebellious will to power when they approached the revelation and the inevitable controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority.
And what makes you think Levi, Hall or Waite practiced that which they documented? (Heck, Blavatsky was not even a Mason. How'd she get in there?)

Waite's full text here. As the description states, he was cataloging and editing existing texts.

Levi and Hall both wrote their texts years before becoming Masons. Levi was a Mason for less than a year before he quit.

The quote from Secret Teachings of All Ages was from the chapter on Ceremonial Magic, again from a point of documentation, not advocacy. It was NOT from one of the chapters on Freemasons.

etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Are you a Mason or just an advocate? Just curious..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Are you a Mason or just an advocate? Just curious..

Runespider has stated on numerous occasions that he does not have the time to join a Masonic lodge due to his free time being used to practice Karate. This is the Japanese martial art that has proved useful over numerous centuries in the smashing of wood, bricks and humans.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It has a spiritual appeal as well, aside from learning creative ways to hurt innocent lumps of concrete.

In reply to OmegaPoint
I suppose I'm a advocate.
I've been studying Masonry for a while now, most I can conclude from it is that it includes a large number of people, who each do as they will.
Masons themselves are not special, in my opinion. They are men trying to do good, and are part of a group they believe will help them be better, and be more effective at doing good.
There are plenty of examples of those who are Masons, and don't live up to the ideals presented by the organization.
That no more reflects the group at large than any similar statistic from any group.

In reply to JoshNorton

Blavatsky was a member of Co-Masonry, so I guess she counts.
She was a incredibly loopy individual to, helped push most of the modern myths of Mu and Lemuria.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Should there exist some sort of Satanic secret at the apex of freemasonry, it would nevertheless have to contend with the authority of God and the sovereignty of God.

A house divided cannot stand...

...and yet, Freemasonry has been around for hundreds of years!

Never once has there been a rebellion by the masons against any other masons. Never once has any group of Christian masons rallied against any masonic practice. Never once has there been a conflict between any alleged "high level" or "low level" masons.

You are absolutely right, OmegaPoint, a house divided cannot stand.
Freemasonry stands firm.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I object to this,

Just because many people refuse to join freemasonry because it conflicts with their belief in a God, it doesn't mean that God would not compensate for anyone in an organization that has two Cherubs aside of their coat of arms ( ugle.co.uk own words) with cloven feet, sort of suggesting that it's something to do with Satan.

Nonsence.

Balderdash.

I honestly think that it's possible to be part of this charitable organization, and to get into heaven. Eye of a needle stuff, but God is very forgiving so why shouldn't he let them into heaven? God knows the good ones, and the ones wreaking of evil and there's going to be a rotten apple in any bunch and the overwhelming percentage have a clean heart, isn't that right?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join